Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie Wayne Visiting Patriots Today For Physical [Merge]

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually it is different.

No one is saying that the Pats shouldn't be happy with Reggie. I remember Pats fans being a little mad at him for going to the Colts. Of course, the rivalry wasn't quite what it has become.

Getting Andre Johnson from the Texans isn't quite the same either as the Colts/Texans hasn't really been more than a divisional game.

Texans fans HATE the Colts with a passion, and Andre Johnson going to Indy was like a slap in the face to them. He's literally the best player they've ever had outside of JJ Watt.

Andre Johnson openly expressed how unhappy he was in Houston. He wanted to leave to go to a contender. 

Not really the same thing...

There's absolutely no reason for Colts fans to be upset over this. Am I the only one that watched Reggie's decline over the past 2 years? Am I really supposed to be bent out of shape because someone is willing to give him a paycheck for one more season?

I guess I'm just not as sentimental as some other folks, because I couldn't care less. I'm happy that Reggie is getting offers from other teams, but I personally don't know why New England would even consider wasting the roster spot.

There's absolutely no reason for Colts fans to be upset over this. Am I the only one that watched Reggie's decline over the past 2 years? Am I really supposed to be bent out of shape because someone is willing to give him a paycheck for one more season?

I guess I'm just not as sentimental as some other folks, because I couldn't care less. I'm happy that Reggie is getting offers from other teams, but I personally don't know why New England would even consider wasting the roster spot.

Exactly, he's his own man and can make his own choices.  Im sure he knows it will hurt Colts fans some, but he's got a family to pay for.  It's just a job in the end and he wants to play ne more season.  I would too if i was only a half a season away from passing Marvin harrison in the record books.

"but I personally don't know why New England would even consider wasting the roster spot."

I can think of a couple, SS!

:)

"but I personally don't know why New England would even consider wasting the roster spot."

I can think of a couple, SS!

:)

If you're implying that maybe their bringing him in to gain intel, I definitely wouldn't put it past Belichick. But at the same time, they haven't had much of an issue beating the Colts in recent years, so who knows, lol! 

but I personally don't know why New England would even consider wasting the roster spot.

Not really wasting a roster spot. In the right situation (Green Bay, New England) Wayne can be a perfect fit if he's healthy.

Wasting a spot would be if Cleveland, Tennessee or Chicago signed him. In those situations, they are better off using the position to develop a future star. Green Bay and the Pats have Superbowl caliber teams. Filling the roster spot with Wayne would make sense.

Hopefully Green Bay.

Not really wasting a roster spot. In the right situation (Green Bay, New England) Wayne can be a perfect fit if he's healthy.

Wasting a spot would be if Cleveland, Tennessee or Chicago signed him. In those situations, they are better off using the position to develop a future star. Green Bay and the Pats have Superbowl caliber teams. Filling the roster spot with Wayne would make sense.

Hopefully Green Bay.

Green Bay makes more sense than New England considering Nelson's injury and that the Pats have quite a few pass catchers on the roster.

However, i do think that no matter where he goes, Wayne's going to have a difficult time coming in in September, learning the playbook, and being productive.

Good for Reggie if he makes the squad. Whatever team he plays on I will be rooting for him to play well. He isn't any different a person just because he wears another uniform. This isn't war or something. It's football. He is still the same Reggie underneath whatever helmet he wears and I have a ton of respect for him. If he plays for NE I will still root for him on Sundays....he is a good guy!

Texans fans HATE the Colts with a passion, and Andre Johnson going to Indy was like a slap in the face to them. He's literally the best player they've ever had outside of JJ Watt.

Yes and as a colts fan that was a reason I liked picking him up. To stick it in their faces. Just like when we signed Adam V

Im not mad. We have at least 4 recievers better than Reggie. He's a legend but he is spent.

If there is an offense that Reggie can make something happen in its the Pats.

Exactly, and that's the way you have to look at it. He wants to go out and prove himself, or at least try. If he has a 500-600 yard year then I'd say that's good for him. He wasn't ready to hang them up. You definitely can't hold that against him