Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie Wayne Visiting Patriots Today For Physical [Merge]

What makes you think the Pats won't win this year. I think they win their division and they have an excellent chance to return to the Super Bowl. You have to be honest and overall, the Pats just have better players than most of the contending AFC teams.

Except they don't.

Plus Brady is suspended.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure New England is more interested in Reggie, than Reggie interested in New England. Take that with a grain of salt or not, it's just the overall willingness to win at all costs scenario that the Patriots exude year in and year out. Hope I'm wrong. However, judging from history, tells me otherwise.

It just seems to me there are 30 other teams and choosing New England is a real slap in the face of Colts fans

Still a Legend as a Colt but this is a bitter pill to swallow

I think it's more of a case of the Pats choosing him. He wants to play, doesn't seem like any other offers out there. :dunno:

hoodie is a great judge of talent,if he thinks reggie has more and  he does,hoodies win, grigs loss, nfl players are hired guns to the highest bidder.thats the reason I don't like draft picks, when they finally become good many of them sell to the highest bidder.i don't root for players, I root for the team, players are just chess pieces, great gms can put the chess pieces together. the way the nfl is set up players play for the money, not the team

You guys are acting like he signed with the Pats...

Why would he be having a physical with them if he wasn't interested? He basically is committing himself to the Pats, assuming he passes his physical, otherwise what's the point of him taking the physical in the first place?

Why would he be having a physical with them if he wasn't interested? He basically is committing himself to the Pats, assuming he passes his physical, otherwise what's the point of him taking the physical in the first place?

He has other scheduled visits.  

I'm surprised no one has signed him yet anyway.

hoodie is a great judge of talent,if he thinks reggie has more and  he does,hoodies win, grigs loss, nfl players are hired guns to the highest bidder.thats the reason I don't like draft picks, when they finally become good many of them sell to the highest bidder.i don't root for players, I root for the team, players are just chess pieces, great gms can put the chess pieces together. the way the nfl is set up players play for the money, not the team

Wasn't your old name "Trent Fan"? Indianapolis Trents! I kid....

Of course he wants to sign with the Pats. They have a top class QB and the best HC in the game. They are a winning franchise and the most succesful in modern times, and despite losing some key players, they're still gonna be in the mix. I Reggie feels like he can win another Super Bowl there, then I wont fault him for going there. If you a shot at the title, NE is where you go. 6 times there, 4 times winning it. Man, I wish we could be as succesful...

And I'm sure many teams are willing to pay him a LOT more money than New England will, yet he went with New England, so that excuse doesn't fly with me.

Yeah, I'm sure teams are lining up to sign a 36 yr old receiver coming off an injury plagued year. And even if he did have many offers, who cares if he signed with the Pats? He doesn't owe the fans or the colts anything.

Say it ain't so, Reggie.   :argh:   :angry:   :hairout:   :argh::panic:  :hissy:  :hairout:

okay, I got that out of my system.   Calmer now, and as much as I would hate to see this,  I can't really say I blame him.   I know he wants to play, and I know he wants to have one more good year.   So hey,  give it your best shot Reggie.    And,  Thanks for the Memories here.

I feel the same. I want to scream and yell and go nuts.

Then I say relax Jules relax.......

It's just like..........torture. My rational and irrational side are fighting with one another.

What makes it even worse too is this whole offseason has been centered around a certain scandal involving air and balls.

Reggie needs to go to GB that's the best place for him since Jordy Nelson is out for the year most likely.

Not sure Wayne is the answer for replacing Jordy, but if any 35+ receiver could do it it's Reggie.

Not really sure what Green Bay's options are but I think they're going to roll with what they have.

I'm a HUGE Reggie fan and it's called business!!! I don't have any hard feelings toward him if he signs with the Pats or ANY other team. This was the possibility after he made it clear he still wanted to play. Remember folks the Colts cut him!! If it was up to Reg he would STILL be here. Whatever team he plays for I wish him well but against the Colts on that Sunday he will be the enemy. I'm sure at this point the chance at another SB will be a key factor to whatever team he picks but his options might be limited anyway. 

Technically, Reggie is a free agent and can sign wherever he pleases. But please, Reggie, not New England!

Unless he's going there to gain the trust of Belichick and Brady, and then plans to expose all the cheating they've been hiding [maniacal laugh]!

I thought the same thing. Wouldn't it be great if that was secretly his intention?

I'm a HUGE Reggie fan and it's called business!!! I don't have any hard feelings toward him if he signs with the Pats or ANY other team. This was the possibility after he made it clear he still wanted to play. Remember folks the Colts cut him!! If it was up to Reg he would STILL be here. Whatever team he plays for I wish him well but against the Colts on that Sunday he will be the enemy. I'm sure at this point the chance at another SB will be a key factor to whatever team he picks but his options might be limited anyway.

The Colts didn't cut Reggie.

That's blatantly false.

Everyone whining about the possibility of Wayne signing with New England needs to take it down a couple notches. You guys had no problem with the Colts signing Adam Viniatieri a few years back, and also didn't mind the Colts signing Andre Johnson this year. This is no different.

Actually it is different.

No one is saying that the Pats shouldn't be happy with Reggie. I remember Pats fans being a little mad at him for going to the Colts. Of course, the rivalry wasn't quite what it has become.

Getting Andre Johnson from the Texans isn't quite the same either as the Colts/Texans hasn't really been more than a divisional game.