Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie Wayne Visiting Patriots Today For Physical [Merge]

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am happy for Reggie Wayne.  He wanted to play at least one more year and he signed with a team that wins.  I hate the Patriots, but I am happy for Reggie.  The Colts really gave him little choice.  He wanted to play but they didn't want him.  I would never wish to take away someone's passion.

haha my son just sent me the following text

"Mom, it's time to remove his stuff from the Colts Den, he's done gone to the dark side". haha

Sorry Ryan, Reggie's spot is secure in my Colts Den.

I'm just going to have to move Johnny U's picture up a spot and Reggie's down a spot.

I love reading through the amount of butthurt in this post!  It is so hilarious!

Reggie Wayne is the man and will always be a Colt at heart.  No bad feelings for him trying to finish out his career on his own terms.  

I wish him nothing but the best and look forward to him coming back home when he retires to take his place in the ring of honor.

Go get em, Reg.... Except when you come to Indy... then you can stink it up.

I don't think he's a traitor. He's free to play with whoever is interested. I obviously hate seeing his though.

Lets not forget that it was the Colts who wouldnt allow him to play a last year until he retired.  He's not the traitor.  You are right. i hate seeing it but I appreciate what he has done for this team and will forever be his fan.  Im not happy with the way the Colts organization treats Colt heroes.

“What I know I’m not going to do is go somewhere else and play for one year,’’ he said. “Nobody else. I don’t have the time to be dipping and dabbing, one year here, maybe one year somewhere else.

“Put a stamp on it. Stamp it. Colt for life.’’

- Reggie Wayne, March 7th 2015

the sad thing is, he probably even won't make the final cuts, much less make it to week 6, but his memory as a colt will now be forever stained, at least for me..

Lets not forget that it was the Colts who wouldnt allow him to play a last year until he retired.  He's not the traitor.  You are right. i hate seeing it but I appreciate what he has done for this team and will forever be his fan.  Im not happy with the way the Colts organization treats Colt heroes.

So you think the Colts should have signed him even though they believe they would be better off without him?

I have always thought that a salary rule should be put into place for players who play for one team for 10+ years.

Something like only 25% of their salary counts against the cap. It'd be a good way to keep players with a team to end their career.

I feel like everyone's looking at this the wrong way. The Pats are banged up at receiver, just waived one guy and IR'd another, and they were desperate to add depth at the position. Their answer: sign a 37 year old WR that has trouble getting open and staying healthy, and had only 2 TDs last season in an offense that boasted 40 passing TDs.

After thinking about it and considering all the circumstances, I can't think of another team that I would've rather seen Wayne sign with. He does not make them a better team at this point of his career, especially not in the way that Gore/Johnson make the Colts better, so I consider this a win for us.