Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Grigson Has Some Explaining To Do

dudley dawson

Trent Richardson is out of the NFL after 3 seasons. Grigson traded a first round pick for this bust. A worse trade than the infamous Hershel Walker trade. Grigson is truly horrible at evaluating talent

not really because the Vikings never really had success with Walker and were crippled in drafts for years as a result. The Colts on the other hand won three playoff games with Trent on the roster and lost a draft pick. While the Trent trade was clearly a mistske it is not even close to the Walker trade. Heck as bad as the RG3 trade looks right now for the Redskins and it still doesn't equal the Walker trade.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trent Richardson is out of the NFL after 3 seasons. Grigson traded a first round pick for this bust. A worse trade than the infamous Hershel Walker trade. Grigson is truly horrible at evaluating talent

You're having a rough first few weeks here.

There isn't an ounce of truth in the sentence I put into bold.    The Vikings were devastated by the Walker trade.   Wound up sending about 10 picks to Dallas. 

We lost one.     Teams have bad first round picks all the time.    

In most every 1st round draft, no matter the year,   roughly 1/3 are good picks,  roughly 1/3 are fair picks,  and roughly 1/3 are bad picks.      So,  we got a bad pick with Trent.      But, worse than the Vikings deal?!?     Not even close.    Not even remotely close.

You're comparing a regular bad deal with one of the worst trades in the history of football.     There's no comparison.   None.

Grigson needs to just stay away from free agency because he had missed on so many players there.

yeah I wish Grigson hadn't signed Jackson, Adams, Gore, Johnson, Redding, Walden, Toler, Butler, and re-signed Reggie when he was unrestricted. Not a player in the group...

Yes the man has had his misses, all GMs do, but he's also had his hits even in free agency.

Grigson has proven to be pretty terrible when it comes to blowing money on bad FA's. 

You've made nearly two dozen posts and it sure feels as if they ALL revolve around the idea that Grigson SUCKS!!

Do you have another observations that you'd like to share here,  or should we just put you down for more Grigson HATE?!?

Just askin.....

Grigson has proven to be pretty terrible when it comes to blowing money on bad FA's. 

What good FA RT Grigson refused to sign instead of Cherilus? Loadholt wanted to stay in Minnesota. Andre Smith had weight issues and missed a half of the 2014 season himself. Vollmer wanted to stay in NE and had back issues.

What good FA RT Grigson refused to sign instead of Cherilus? Loadholt wanted to stay in Minnesota. Andre Smith had weight issues and missed a half of the 2014 season himself. Vollmer wanted to stay in NE and had back issues.

Andre Smith didn't have weight issues at that point. While I agree that Grigson has limited choices I thought the clear target should have been smith.

yeah I wish Grigson hadn't signed Jackson, Adams, Gore, Johnson, Redding, Walden, Toler, Butler, and re-signed Reggie when he was unrestricted. Not a player in the group...

Yes the man has had his misses, all GMs do, but he's also had his hits even in free agency.

Jackson? Well......

You want us to stay out of free agency all together?      Seriously?

From what I have seen, it is a rare thing indeed when a free agent works out. That is why I don't think that Gore and Johnson will be big additions to the team. I will be happy if Gore can do some running and catch a few passes. If he were to get 1000 dual purpose yards, I think that would be awesome. I would be delighted in Johnson gets 700 yards in receptions. In fact, I will be happy if they can stay healthy all season.

From what I have seen, it is a rare thing indeed when a free agent works out. That is why I don't think that Gore and Johnson will be big additions to the team. I will be happy if Gore can do some running and catch a few passes. If he were to get 1000 dual purpose yards, I think that would be awesome. I would be delighted in Johnson gets 700 yards in receptions. In fact, I will be happy if they can stay healthy all season.

It's not as rare as some will lead you to believe

Welp Grigson has done it again.  I'm so * we cut Carter and kept that BUM Werner.  We cut huge potential and keep a useless sack of potatoes.  Is Grigson TRYING to lose his job at this point??  I also think Carter deserved a spot over Whalen and Ballard.  Again, Grigson has some explaining to do.

Based on what I've seen in preseason thus far, the offensive line is a complete mess. Now, what I want to know is:

Why the hell didn't we sign La'el Collins? Or Incognito?? Or Mathis who's still available?!?

Yes, we got Herremans, who thus far has looked highly suspect. Everyone else named above is much better. Collins more than anyone bothers me. A first round, possibly top 5 pick is available in FA and we show minimal interest? Grigson should have thrown in the kitchen sink to get him to sign here. Instead, the rich (best O line in the league in Dallas) get richer.

Grigson needs to be held accountable if the line still stinks come week 1. This is his 4th year. Enough is enough.

What games have you been watching? This is the best offensive line we have fielded in Andrew Luck's career. We have "some" good depth too. We have also been fortunate to stay healthy so far.

the same people who think Grigson can do no wrong are the same people the still defended Polian today even though he sucked.

Where does that leave the people who * the moves of each move Grigson makes on their own merit rather than as a blanket statement saying he's one extreme or the other.

A lot of posters who get painted as Grigson lovers are merely putting out the fallacies of the Grigson haters arguments. Doesn't make them blind homers unless they are blind homers for facts logic and considered opinon. That would be pretty oxymoronic though.

What games have you been watching? This is the best offensive line we have fielded in Andrew Luck's career. We have "some" good depth too. We have also been fortunate to stay healthy so far.

That isn't saying much. I also debate the "good" depth. I think this offensive line will turn out to be just as poor as the previous ones that Luck has had to work with. It is a damn shame to have a franchise QB and then not provide him adequate protection. I still think the Colts are going to pay a big price for that eventually no matter how durable Luck may seem.

That isn't saying much. I also debate the "good" depth. I think this offensive line will turn out to be just as poor as the previous ones that Luck has had to work with. It is a damn shame to have a franchise QB and then not provide him adequate protection. I still think the Colts are going to pay a big price for that eventually no matter how durable Luck may seem.

Disagree. We will leave it at that. Two different opinions. 

• 4 weeks later...

I am a hardcore & lifer Colt. I support our team every game. But that doesnt mean I have to like the coach & GM cause I dont. I am going to ask a serious question. What has Grigson done right besides picking Luck & TY Hilton?

Here's the thing, everybody and their grandmother's knew to pick Luck.  Peyton himself said the Colts would be stupid not to.  RG3 wasn't really even in the conversation.  Of course they looked at him for comparision purposes, but he really wasn't in the cards.  If you don't pick Luck, he could've been legally labeled insane!  The good moves he has made was drafting TY, Vontae Davis trade, bring in Erik Walden.  Now drafting Parry and Anderson!  For what Gore was paid, that was a bargain deal also.  That's about the only GREAT things he has done, for what the move was worth.   Fleener & Allen were gimmie's due to how high they were picked so I don't consider that a great thing just like luck, because those types of moves SHOULD work out, if not, it's a failing attempt!  Same thing with Mewhort and Moncrief.  Anybody drafted in the top 3 rounds are expected to contribute...

On the other hand let's count how many horrendous moves he's made.  Werner, Richardson, trading Hughes,  signing Cherilus, Landry, RJF, Thomas, Redding, among other's that get overpaid while not playing up to par. Art Jones is starting to look like a bad investment.  Also having the mind set we should develop players on the OL, and it will fix itself mentality.  Overstacking depth in WR, while there is a glaring weakness on the OL for MANY MANY years! 

I'm sorry the no brainer, good moves don't count, and the collasal fails withstand any of the good he has done.  I'm not saying he is terrible or bad, he certainly isn't great!  That's what it takes to win SB's.  Just imagine if it was any other year we had the #1 pick?  No Andrew Luck=Disastrous

GM's can get lucky signing players

Looking at the O-line entering the season, it was no secret that they were not a stellar group. (We can place some blame on Grigson for this, although you have to concede that he has made attempts to address this issue. They just didn't pan out).

Pep Hamilton refuses to change his game plans, despite the O-line, and despite the opponent. Pep continues to attack down-field rather than have a precise, short passing attack. His schemes often do not use route combinations or stack formations, which can free up receivers, especially against press-man coverage. Rather, he asks that the receivers beat their man in one-on-one situations, which haven't worked well.   There is plenty of blame to be placed on his shoulders.

Luck continues to look for the deeper option, leading him to hold onto the ball longer, rather than taking the shorter, quick passing options or a check down. Holding onto the ball too long leads him to face pressure and make foolish last second throws leading to interceptions. There is plenty of blame that can be placed on Luck as well.

My point is, there is plenty of blame to go around, and it doesn't fall on just 1 guy. If everyone does their job better a little better, the Colts can continue to get better.

GMs are completely infallible. Yes sir. Completely infallible. By that psycho-babble-poo-poo it's no wonder the NFL doesn't award multiple trophies each year. I mean, really. These guys cannot afford to ever be scorched by one or two mistakes. It goes against the hard-grained super fluidity term of "football for dummies". Yes sir. Completely infallible. Burn 'em all, I say. They can't get anything right.