Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Need help with Fantasy Football? Ask here (2015 edition)!

This thread is purely for help at Fantasy Football. I will do my best to help anyone who needs help at Fantasy football and I will give my reasoning for my ideas wherever possible. Just tell me how many teams are in the league, whether it's standard or flex, and if it PPR. Good luck this year, and ask away!

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, if other people want to help give advice as well, they can. Just make sure you know what you are talking about and give a reason for your advice to help the other person out.

I definitely used the heck out of this topic last year and learned a lot at the same time. I ended up helping when I could too, it was pretty fun.

I definitely used the heck out of this topic last year and learned a lot at the same time. I ended up helping when I could too, it was pretty fun.

I remember, I fell behind at the end of the season giving advice and you picked up the slack. You'll be my CO-GM lol. Lets do what we can here and learn from each other. I did one money league already a few weeks ago before Foster was injured and took him 1st round with the 7th pick (my luck) and got punished for impatience. Hopefully he does only miss a couple games.

I remember, I fell behind at the end of the season giving advice and you picked up the slack. You'll be my CO-GM lol. Lets do what we can here and learn from each other. I did one money league already a few weeks ago before Foster was injured and took him 1st round with the 7th pick (my luck) and got punished for impatience. Hopefully he does only miss a couple games.

Foster is a safe mid round pick when you already have your two starters. Help be back around week 5 or 6

dynasty football trade help i have  devante parker  and a 3rd round pick for ryan matthews and 23 round pick 

Don't do a lot of dynasty football, but this one is pretty easy. Keep Devante and the 3rd rounder. Matthews isn't much of a starter anymore and you can do a lot with a 3rd rounder, whether it be this year or next year. Devante is hurt right now, but he is a 1st round pick at WR in a dynasty league with a good QB. Keep him and the pick and they'll both benefit you.

is romo for adrian peterson a fair trade 

Sounds like you're a beginner. If you can get AP for Romo, do it in a heartbeat. It's absolutely not a fair trade, and AP is a top 5 player in fantasy. Unless you have rules that make QB's insanely powerful, Romo isn't anywhere near as good. You can grab a QB off the waiver wire and not lose much production. I'd suggest Bridgewater.

Virgil Green, Broncos' TE, do we expect him to see more downs than Owen Daniels, as the season goes on? If we are in a league with mandatory TEs, is Virgil Green a safer bet than Owen Daniels given Daniels' injury history?

I would have to agree with this. I believe that Daniels and green will get equal playing time when the season starts, but Green will probably get the majority of snaps as the year rolls around. It is possible if Daniels stays healthy and performs that he could gain more snaps though. This isn't a very reliable situation at TE, despite Peyton Manning at QB, and I would honestly avoid it if possible.

My wife got an offer of hilton, romo and kniles davis for her luck and Jordan Mathews. She kinda laughed that off abd I told her to counter, almost jokingly, with AP, Jordy nelson, and romo.

Which this would also get shot down what would be a fair trade for luck and Mathews out of the following.

AP

Romo

Nelson

Hilton

Bills D

T. Kelce

J. Stewart

J. Randle.

My wife's main roster is

Luck

M. Ingram, A. Ellington

E. Sanders, A. Johnson

Gronkowski

J. Matthews

Rams D.

With B. Marshall, Sankey, Fleener, P. Harvin, Brady, and Cruz on her bench.

My wife got an offer of hilton, romo and kniles davis for her luck and Jordan Mathews. She kinda laughed that off abd I told her to counter, almost jokingly, with AP, Jordy nelson, and romo.

Which this would also get shot down what would be a fair trade for luck and Mathews out of the following.

AP

Romo

Nelson

Hilton

Bills D

T. Kelce

J. Stewart

J. Randle.

My wife's main roster is

Luck

M. Ingram, A. Ellington

E. Sanders, A. Johnson

Gronkowski

J. Matthews

Rams D.

I would ask for something close to the AP trade you were joking about. You have to include AP for one. I would probably also include nelson and see if he does it. If he rejects, offer Luck and Matthews for AP and Romo. A QB is the easiest position to find production on the waivers, but WR isn't too bad either. It just happens Nelson brings a lot more value than Romo in this situation. I'm assuming this is a flex league, as you separated Matthews from Sanders and Andre with Gronk.

I would ask for something close to the AP trade you were joking about. You have to include AP for one. I would probably also include nelson and see if he does it. If he rejects, offer Luck and Matthews for AP and Romo. A QB is the easiest position to find production on the waivers, but WR isn't too bad either. It just happens Nelson brings a lot more value than Romo in this situation. I'm assuming this is a flex league, as you separated Matthews from Sanders and Andre with Gronk.

Can yout speak on the shape of her current RB and WR?

I think she has two decent 2nd tier RB's. And a 1st and 2nd tier WR, pending how week johnson does, with Matthews being decent but Agholor is going to steal lots of targets if he continues to stand out.

Can yout speak on the shape of her current RB and WR?

I think she has two decent 2nd tier RB's. And a 1st and 2nd tier WR, pending how week johnson does, with Matthews being decent but Agholor is going to steal lots of targets if he continues to stand out.

Absolutely. The RB's I like, even though Stewart I'm always on the fence about. However, with Benjamin out for the year, they may rely on him more. WR's should be consistent as well. I think she is solid there.

Absolutely. The RB's I like, even though Stewart I'm always on the fence about. However, with Benjamin out for the year, they may rely on him more. WR's should be consistent as well. I think she is solid there.

She doesn't have stewart. That's the other person.

She doesn't have stewart. That's the other person.

Sorry, that was a mistype, meant to write Sankey, lol. I'm on the fence about Sankey, but Ingram and Ellington are nice starters. They should both do very well. Sankey may or may not be the starter. If she can get AP, that would be awesome for her team and she could use AP, Ingram and Ellington if this is a flex league.

Sorry, that was a mistype, meant to write Sankey, lol. I'm on the fence about Sankey, but Ingram and Ellington are nice starters. They should both do very well. Sankey may or may not be the starter. If she can get AP, that would be awesome for her team and she could use AP, Ingram and Ellington if this is a flex league.

Flex ppr

If I am a savvy GM, I'd pick up David Cobb of the Titans in the mid rounds, he will start sooner than later, IMO.

AP

Romo

Nelson

Hilton

Bills D

T. Kelce

J. Stewart

J. Randle.

My wife's main roster is

Luck

M. Ingram, A. Ellington

E. Sanders, A. Johnson

Gronkowski

J. Matthews

Rams D.

Yeah I just sent that in on the off chance that she doesn't like J Matthews due to Angholor starting off strong. Didn't really expect it to get accepted haha

If you were interested in picking up reggie for a PPR league, which of the following would you drop to make room?

M. Floyd

D. Moncrief

Delanie Walker

CJ Spiller

Fred Jackson.

Moncrief, too many mouths to feed and the others are either #1 or #2 in the depth chart for their positions. Moncrief is not.

draft tonight.... 10 person league, smallest I have played in for about 4 years (used to 12 / 14 / 16 people leagues)

not sure the pick yet, but who should I absolutely target in the later rounds?

I have a bunch of sleepers in mind...but just want to see another view point

Trade advice boys, help is much appreciated

I've been offered Andre Johnson and Michael Bennett for Gronk.

Now my receiving core, imo, is a little weak and I'm basically chancing the potential of Funchess stepping up and Randall Cobb not getting injured. I've also got Keenan Allen and Jarvis Landry.

Now I know Gronk is generally considered untouchable but I am just entertaining this because I'm thinking of offering a WR for T.Y. Hilton (yeah... He decided to take both Colts WRs as his starters)

So then an example would be: Bennett and Hilton for Gronk and Funchess. He wants Gronk baaad but I'm thinking if doesn't want to come off T.Y. I'm backing out on trade talks.

Trade advice boys, help is much appreciated

I've been offered Andre Johnson and Michael Bennett for Gronk.

Now my receiving core, imo, is a little weak and I'm basically chancing the potential of Funchess stepping up and Randall Cobb not getting injured. I've also got Keenan Allen and Jarvis Landry.

Now I know Gronk is generally considered untouchable but I am just entertaining this because I'm thinking of offering a WR for T.Y. Hilton (yeah... He decided to take both Colts WRs as his starters)

So then an example would be: Bennett and Hilton for Gronk and Funchess. He wants Gronk baaad but I'm thinking if doesn't want to come off T.Y. I'm backing out on trade talks.

First, Keep it a 2 for one deal.

Johnson is an unknown in this team, but very well could perform. I'm sure you mean Martellus Bennet the Bears tight end. He had been a top 5, atleast 10, performing TE for years. He absolutely killed it last year, I had him and loved it an was able to trade for lynch in a package deal.

But overall he is a 5 point a week differential. That's is why you need to keep it a 2-1 package. What are his other WR's?

You'll be hard pressed to get TY in that package.

There we go Martellus. Don't know why I was thinking his brother's name. He has Garçon and Torrey Smith. Basically I decided against it. He said T.Y. was a decision he had to sleep on and I can respect that. I figured it would be better if I just stick with what I have and hope Allen bounces back to his rookie year form

First, Keep it a 2 for one deal.

Johnson is an unknown in this team, but very well could perform. I'm sure you mean Martellus Bennet the Bears tight end. He had been a top 5, atleast 10, performing TE for years. He absolutely killed it last year, I had him and loved it an was able to trade for lynch in a package deal.

But overall he is a 5 point a week differential. That's is why you need to keep it a 2-1 package. What are his other WR's?

You'll be hard pressed to get TY in that package.

There we go Martellus. Don't know why I was thinking his brother's name. He has Garçon and Torrey Smith. Basically I decided against it. He said T.Y. was a decision he had to sleep on and I can respect that. I figured it would be better if I just stick with what I have and hope Allen bounces back to his rookie year form

Good for you. I am certain Gronk, in terms of TDs, will get just as much as Bennett and AJ put together, IMO. Health, of course, is an uncertainty, that is anybody's guess.

Landry and Allen will come through down the stretch because both the Dolphins and Chargers will be strong wild card contenders.

Good for you. I am certain Gronk, in terms of TDs, will get just as much as Bennett and AJ put together, IMO. Health, of course, is an uncertainty, that is anybody's guess.

Landry and Allen will come through down the stretch because both the Dolphins and Chargers will be strong wild card contenders.

That's what I'm thinking.  It also helps that Brady will start the season now.  I'm hoping Funchess somewhat fills the hole left by Benjamin.  He kinda needs to as Cam really only has an established connection with Olsen.

What's a good trade offer for Doug Martin?

It's a PPR league

My team:

QB: romo

RB: Lacy, Randle, D Robinson (weak rbs, I know)

WR: Megatron, K Allen, Devante Adams, John Brown, Dorsett

TE: Kelce, Eifert

His team:

QB: Newton, Rivers

RB: Lynch, Hyde, Crowell, Martin, Bush

WR: Green, Decker, Colston, Latimer, Moncrief

TE: Hill