Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Future of Caldwell and the Polians [Mega-merge]

1959Colts

I'm not familiar with Tressel's background. Is he an offensive minded coach?

Could it be that Caldwell stays (Polian's or not), and Tressel replaces Christianson?

Just throwing things up there along with everyone else.

I was thinking that too.I think caldwell stays and tressel is promoted to OC.What many people fail to realize is that peyton and jim(caldwell)have a solid relation.And my guess is that peyton wishes to retain him.

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hope the colts continue to win also.

what has happened to both teams that he had success with after he was fired?

The Bills have not been that good. Polian's success with the Panthers is an exception. When they came into the league along with the Jacksonville Jags as expansion teams, both were given almost unlimited resources by the league to immediately become successful (more draft choices, huge salary caps and a chance to draft certain players from every NFL team). Both teams became successful and made the playoffs in their early days.

Still trying to spin your viewpoints just like the rest of us? You are trying too hard to suddenly appear to be the objective, in the end, what's best for the Colts fan. You have continually criticized (in a nice sort of way of course) others that disagree with you yet put on this (I believe) fake aura of your opinions is more valid than others.

Wow. I would have to conclude that I've previously done something to offend you. I'll hold off on saying that I'm sorry, because it's entirely possible that I'm not. I'll also say that it apparently wasn't important enough for me to remember, and that I'm not concerned enough about it to search back and figure out what it was. Is that a real enough opinion for you?

Let me be clear about a couple of things.

1) There are more than two thousand people on this site, and no-one's opinion is more or less important than anyone elses.

2) I don't spin jack. I state my opinion as honestly, clearly and consistently as I possibly can.

3) When I'm right, I leave it there without rubbing anyones face in it.

4) When I'm wrong I admit it.

5) I do try to be objective, always, no "suddenly" about it. Reasonable people do. It doesn't require as much effort as you imply.

I try to think before I write so as not to needlessly offend people, because while there can be short term pleasure in being a jerk, arguing is ultimately tiring, depressing, and pointless. Kindergarten rules are very helpful on the internet, and friends are more desireable then enemies. However when someone suggests that I'm a manipulative liar, I'll make an exception. Whatever aura you are referring to is your perception, not my reality, but the totality of your comments frankly makes my blood boil. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Perhaps that's been the problem all along.

You told, that teams those have been managed By Bill Polian, couldn't repeat their success after Polian's leaving.

Last 2 season wasn't successful for Colts, so there is no chance history repeating.

the colts were pretty good two years ago and the reason they weren't good this year is because manning was hurt couldn't play. your post doesn't make any sense.

So Manning causes 2/14 by himself, nothing to do with coaching ability, poor d-playing, horrible punt returns, lousy running game

i think better coaching would have gotten a couple more wins, but all the other things were true when manning was playing and winning 12+ games a season.

The Bills have not been that good. Polian's success with the Panthers is an exception. When they came into the league along with the Jacksonville Jags as expansion teams, both were given almost unlimited resources by the league to immediately become successful (more draft choices, huge salary caps and a chance to draft certain players from every NFL team). Both teams became successful and made the playoffs in their early days.

The problem with the Bills was exactly the same as the one with the Colts. Polian does not know how to pick interior linemen. When the perimeter skill players he overpays for get too old, something which usually happens faster with skill players than linemen because they are involved in more violent collisions, the team is left with an overpaid hollow shell and collapses.

• 5 weeks later...