Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My Eagles game highlights....

braveheartcolt

The sooner we get to 18 games a season the better.

I hate the idea, just hate it. I don't want every regular season record to become antiquated. I don't want teams exhausted by the start of the playoffs. 

I like the idea of cutting down to 2 pre season games much better. A fair compromise. It cuts down on injury risk and all that comes with a long month of meaningless games. We retain season records as having future relevance. We keep players healthy going into the post-season. ....and the fans can get to a real product much quicker. 

I hate the idea, just hate it. I don't want every regular season record to become antiquated. I don't want teams exhausted by the start of the playoffs. 

I like the idea of cutting down to 2 pre season games much better. A fair compromise. It cuts down on injury risk and all that comes with a long month of meaningless games. We retain season records as having future relevance. We keep players healthy going into the post-season. ....and the fans can get to a real product much quicker.

Totally (and respectfully) disagree. Every player is not mandated to play every snap. Reducing the snap count and protecting your players would become a skill, and a key element of the game. Bigger rosters. Stopping the 'running up the score' etc. Does Luck really need to be behind centre when we are 30 points ahead of the Jags? Just my view.

Sorry guys. Very childish. Being a bit more serious, there were a few good individual performances, which have already been mentioned. The sooner we get to 18 games a season the better.

Hate the idea of an 18 game schedule.   

The only thing you'll get is more football,  but it won't be better football.    In fact an argument could be made that what you'll get is worse football.    At some point,  the human body is not built for that much football over the span of one year.    At some point, more rest is needed.     At some point, players will simply try less hard.    That's what currently happens on Thursday night football when there's a short week of rest.    Those games suck.    And more games will suck in an 18 game season.

Not even a 2nd bye week gets me interested in an 18 game schedule.

16 games is the right number.