Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LucasOilStadium

Colts @ Eagles Preseason Game Day Thread

Yeesh. Couple nice things from the rookies. But overall kind of a stinker. Preseason is so lame

Yeah, I cannot see how they sell many tickets for these pseudo-games.

It is just a extension of training camp to see what the subs do in game situations.

Not really. He has been open quite a few times. Didn't get the ball though. Stil, caught a slant, fought for an uncatchable ball down the sideline one drop. Combine that with a better camp than Whalen, and it's not even a question. Carter will make the roster. He is the number 5. Whalen is the one fighting for a roster spot. Prepare to be disappointed if you're a Griff fanboy.

He's used his big body to break open on slants, and that's a good thing. We didn't get a great look at his return capability. Would like to see more chances in that respect. The number 5 spot could come down to special teams acumen. Not a "Griff fanboy", but I like his experience in the league, with our starting QB, and on ST. He wasn't terrific in the return game, but reliable and was often the victim of terrible ST blocking personal. 

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I was watching some old draft videos regarding the Colts 2018 draft on youtube, and I saw an interesting comment in the comments section.  This is the video first.    In the comments section there is a 3 comment conversation started by Captain Luck. It says:   Captain Luck9 months ago (edited) Harold Landry was red flagged....bet. Josh Jackson was red flagged. Derius Guice was red flagged. Those are my guesses. Ballard went for the best player available with the best leadership and character. That's how the Cubs built it and Ballard is taking that same approach. If nothing else, he wants a locker room he can be proud of even if he's not drafting the guys other teams would based on talent. Exactly what the Pacers did too and look how well that worked out.   Jason Spears9 months ago Justin Pelkey if that's the case, it makes much more sense.   Captain Luck9 months ago Jason Spears I'm not sure but Ballard said that 45 prospects were automatically red flagged due to lack of scheme fit, lack of maturity/character, and injury history. I think that's why some of the picks lool like reaches. He was really strict about the type of player he was letting in the organization. I forget the Cubs GM name, but Ballard read his book last summer. The Cubs GM did the exact same thing. He looked at unique traits but more importantly brought in proven leaders. Ballard appears to be taking the same approach. We'll have to wait and see if it works.   I thought this was very interesting as I'm not sure if he purposely is following the Theo Epstein model or if that's out of coincidence. The most telling thing is that he red flagged 45 prospects due to lack of scheme fit, maturity/character, and injury history. I knew GM's did this to an extent, but Ballard is apparently very picky, to the extent that he just wants certain guys even if he isn't getting value. It's not just about BPA or need with him. It's about getting the exact guys he feels comfortable with at certain positions. I can only imagine how few guys that he's willing to take when it's our pick.    I couldn't find an article saying this info was 100% true, but no one said he was wrong either, and it makes sense. Just thought some people here might think this was interesting regarding Ballard, and it might reveal some of his drafting secrets that we can build mocks off of to emulate him.    
    • Great draft, but give some kudos to Frank for the way he bonded the team, created the locker room vibe, and turned them into winners. Great all round job. Hopefully we take the next step next season...
    • Yeah, losing Glenn and Diem really killed us for a long time until we drafted Anthony. We've hadn't had much luck at RT until this past season.
    • Yeah it was in the mid 2000s but they picked it up since AZ made the Sb and then the 49ers and Seahawks started becoming very good with their defense.   Now it’s the Rams turn, I think Seattle is still gonna be in there. AZ and SF still in rebuild mode.
    • People didn't appreciate just how good Tarik was until Tony Ugoh came along. 
  • Members