Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

8/13/15 TC Thread

Apparently they need to work on some kind of groin exercises, seems to be a prevalent issue this camp!

LOL, it's just frustrating. For every person that returns to practice. 2 or 3 others get a nagging injury. It doesn't seem like a big deal, but they could miss a week of playing time if it was the regular season, and they also miss valuable practice time now. We always catch bad luck with them.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey TK, since you were kind enough to answer Jared's question & yes I realize practice is over; Just let me know in later training camp updates what Allen looks like when he's on the field practicing.

Thanks man. You :rock: I have high hopes for Dwayne this year.

Ok. Nothing from him today. Tomorrow is the last practice with the game being Sunday so doubt you'll hear about Allen until next week SW

We always have the most injuries every year it seems. I think we already have 10 already. Don't know if it's the conditioning staff or what or they are working too hard, but it consistently happens every year. So lucky there have been no major ones so far.

I know right? I feel your frustration Jared. INDY always seems to struggle with injuries more than most franchises & I wish we could reverse this trend somehow. It's not an epidemic of course, but I do find our woes in this area troubling. 

I'm getting the feeling that D'Joun Smith is going to be a huge bust. He has had the worst training camp of any rookie I can remember in quite some time.

Rookie cornerbacks almost always struggle. I wouldn't read too much into it. If he's getting torched in next years training camp then we can worry.

Rookie cornerbacks almost always struggle. I wouldn't read too much into it. If he's getting torched in next years training camp then we can worry.

You may be right, but I've seen this type of talk from players before (his tweets). It's usually what they say to hide the fact that they are struggling and try to convince others they are getting it when in reality they are completely overmatched and have no idea what they are doing. If he improves in preseason, I'll lay off of him, but he has me worried as I don't think he's won a single battle with a WR so far. He got beat by Quan Bray! I'll give him time though, will be watching him Sunday for the first real test.

Right. Jared may turn out to be correct but we have to see him in a real game.

The guys on Sirius said even Revis got roughed up in camp as a rookie. Definitely not saying D'Joun could be a Revis...

Let's hope D'Joun is learning something every time he gets beat.

If so, he should be a genius by now.

Yeah.. I know. Was going to post something to the same. Granted it's tough to be a rookie CB but some are just brushing it off and saying he's "learning." Might be the case and might not end up being the case. 

Yeah.. I know. Was going to post something to the same. Granted it's tough to be a rookie CB but some are just brushing it off and saying he's "learning." Might be the case and might not end up being the case.

Hey, busts happen for guys picked higher than him. But I agree, we won't know anything for a while.

I think he makes the team, but if he's a total failure in the preseason I won't be surprised if he has a phantom injury and goes on IR.

Right. Jared may turn out to be correct but we have to see him in a real game.

The guys on Sirius said even Revis got roughed up in camp as a rookie. Definitely not saying D'Joun could be a Revis...

Yup. I have a friend who is browns fan and they told me Haden was terrible his rookie year too.

You may be right, but I've seen this type of talk from players before (his tweets). It's usually what they say to hide the fact that they are struggling and try to convince others they are getting it when in reality they are completely overmatched and have no idea what they are doing. If he improves in preseason, I'll lay off of him, but he has me worried as I don't think he's won a single battle with a WR so far. He got beat by Quan Bray! I'll give him time though, will be watching him Sunday for the first real test.

I can remember Terrance Newman as a young corner getting roasted quite a bit.  Kareem Jackson finally came around after about 2 seasons, but we all know he was getting killed in the beginning.  Plus you have to understand most teams 4th and 5th receivers normally aren't anywhere near as talented as what you will face with the Colts.  Just about every guy he's facing outside of Bray really should be no less than a #2 receiver if not #1. Takes a bit of practice and experience but I think Smiths light will come on as the season progresses.  Quan Bray has had a really good camp so it's not surprising especially when you have Luck or Hasslebeck throwing the ball to him.  They know how to put it in there just right!  Give him a little time I think

I'm getting the feeling that D'Joun Smith is going to be a huge bust. He has had the worst training camp of any rookie I can remember in quite some time. 

a third round pick isnt much of a bust. 

I can remember Terrance Newman as a young corner getting roasted quite a bit.  Kareem Jackson finally came around after about 2 seasons, but we all know he was getting killed in the beginning.  Plus you have to understand most teams 4th and 5th receivers normally aren't anywhere near as talented as what you will face with the Colts.  Just about every guy he's facing outside of Bray really should be no less than a #2 receiver if not #1. Takes a bit of practice and experience but I think Smiths light will come on as the season progresses.  Quan Bray has had a really good camp so it's not surprising especially when you have Luck or Hasslebeck throwing the ball to him.  They know how to put it in there just right!  Give him a little time I think

Yeah, I'll definitely give him some time. I'm just a bit shocked is all.

a third round pick isnt much of a bust. 

He's basically our 2nd round pick, traded down 4 spots to the 1st pick of the 3rd round. I said huge bust because we could literally figure it out before the season starts if he continues this pattern in preseason. The only caveat to this is that Jalil Brown is doing great and he might turn out to be the CB we wanted D'Joun Smith to be.

He's basically our 2nd round pick, traded down 4 spots to the 1st pick of the 3rd round. I said huge bust because we could literally figure it out before the season starts if he continues this pattern in preseason. The only caveat to this is that Jalil Brown is doing great and he might turn out to be the CB we wanted D'Joun Smith to be.

a late 2nd is basically a 3rd round pick. mariota hasnt thrown a pick in TC. what does that tell you about TC. im gonna wait and see how smith does in a game

Can't see him being worse than Werner who's a former 1st rounder

CB is the hardest position to learn as a rookie aside from QB

Yup. I have a friend who is browns fan and they told me Haden was terrible his rookie year too.

Wow, I never heard that. Luckily, D'Joun shouldn't be pressed to start for a while. I know some expected him to take Toler's spot eventually.

If he turns out half as good as Haden we'll be in good shape.

I would give it time. As others have already said, the cards are stacked against him.

Our receivers: Yes, all of them, are really freaking good. Bray may actually make the team. It's totally possible that he edges Brown and/or Griff out. 

Smith's college tape was solid and the coaches said he really gets the game and understands it. The kind of guys that get it at a cerebral level and have the drive like he does usually come through. And if he doesn't, maybe Jalil comes through or maybe we extend Toler. Not the end of the world.

Did you watch the HoF game? Did you see Trae Waynes? Dude was terrible. 3 flags against him and looked completely out of his element and he was a high first rounder. Vikes are fine with it because he's a project. I agree with you that I expected Smith to come out a bit more polished but will reserve judgement until I see him out there during preseason. 

a late 2nd is basically a 3rd round pick. mariota hasnt thrown a pick in TC. what does that tell you about TC. im gonna wait and see how smith does in a game

As I said in an earlier post, I will see how he does in a game as well. Mariota is proving why he was the 2nd pick btw. It won't be that easy for real, I agree, but for any rookie, this is the first test to show you are good and belong on the team. D'Joun needs to step up.

I would give it time. As others have already said, the cards are stacked against him.

Our receivers: Yes, all of them, are really freaking good. Bray may actually make the team. It's totally possible that he edges Brown and/or Griff out. 

Smith's college tape was solid and the coaches said he really gets the game and understands it. The kind of guys that get it at a cerebral level and have the drive like he does usually come through. And if he doesn't, maybe Jalil comes through or maybe we extend Toler. Not the end of the world.

Did you watch the HoF game? Did you see Trae Waynes? Dude was terrible. 3 flags against him and looked completely out of his element and he was a high first rounder. Vikes are fine with it because he's a project. I agree with you that I expected Smith to come out a bit more polished but will reserve judgement until I see him out there during preseason. 

I agree with you, lets see what happens in the preseason. I'm a paranoid guy, so I worry when there aren't instant results. Plenty of time for him to get it. Yeah, Waynes was bad as well, that's something to calm me down, thanks! :thmup:

Wow, I never heard that. Luckily, D'Joun shouldn't be pressed to start for a while. I know some expected him to take Toler's spot eventually.

Yup they told me people were questioning hadens work ethic and saying he seemed immature during his rookie year.

We have the best passing attack in the NFL, and Smith is a rookie 3rd round pick. You might wanna lower your expectations or you'll be disappointed.

He's a rookie going up against some pretty damn good wr's and qb's. Babtism by fire

Sorry I see a lot of posters already addressed this.

LOL, it's just frustrating. For every person that returns to practice. 2 or 3 others get a nagging injury. It doesn't seem like a big deal, but they could miss a week of playing time if it was the regular season, and they also miss valuable practice time now. We always catch bad luck with them.

We haven't had a major injury yet. I mean even Holmes is still playing. I am hoping we make it one more day. We get through camp unscathed Smith is a bust before first preseason game. You feeling ok?

Couple goal line runs from rookie Josh Robinson and I'm anxious to see him when the live bullets come Sunday. Physicality clearly evident

— Kevin Bowen (@KBowenColts)

August 13, 2015

Couple goal line runs from rookie Josh Robinson and I'm anxious to see him when the live bullets come Sunday. Physicality clearly evident

^^^  :rock:

You really have it out for Werner lol. We'll see what happens with D'Joun. I don't think he has any clue what he's doing right now though.

I do. Hate the fact we took a project with the 1st pick

Never played OLB in his life, why take him with your first pick? Was other options available that were much more reliable/solid

I know right? I feel your frustration Jared. INDY always seems to struggle with injuries more than most franchises & I wish we could reverse this trend somehow. It's not an epidemic of course, but I do find our woes in this area troubling.

A lot of the injuries have been to replaceable players though. If you go by losing talent I'm not sure it's that much different than the rest of the league. I could be wrong though.

He would stink if he's half as good as Hayden.....the guy was average.