Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TY Hilton signs new deal (Mega Merge)

TKnight24

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like TY but I don't think he's worth top wr $$. It's going to set a precedent for our younger we'd also. He has improved but dude drops a lot of balls.

No, he absolutely does not drop a lot of balls. That perception hasn't been true since the end of the 2012 season.

With a franchise that boasts WR names like Berry, Harrison, & Wayne, Hilton has most yards & receptions through first 3 yrs in team history.

— Josh Wilson (@JoshWilsonSB)

August 13, 2015

With a franchise that boasts WR names like Berry, Harrison, & Wayne, Hilton has most yards & receptions through first 3 yrs in team history.

Over the past two seasons, Hilton has 48 more receptions & 1,041 more yards than any other Colts player, while also tying for the most TDs.

— Josh Wilson (@JoshWilsonSB)

August 13, 2015

Over the past two seasons, Hilton has 48 more receptions & 1,041 more yards than any other Colts player, while also tying for the most TDs.

Bigger picture: This is the first step toward #Colts doing for Luck what they did for Peyton all those years. #weapons

In b4 someone says "and not spending anything on the O line or D just like they did for Peyton"

you re-sign your cornerstone or foundational pieces.....Luck.....Davis....Hilton....Castonzo are foundational pieces....game changers you must account for every single snap or top pass protector in Castonzos case...Everyone else....expendable (speaking of years to come not short term like Mathis, Cole, Gore ect)....We wont be able to re-sign everybody

Great offense, no defense, no championships?

You can only sign the guys that you can sign.  One of the problems we had during the Manning era, and what's now going to seem like the Luck era, is that we're always drafting toward the back quarter of the draft.  Pretty tough to find defensive game changers there.  So that leaves FA, and game changers don't hit free agency, and when they do, you'll be cutting out a check that'd make anyone roll their eyes because how many teams have been crushed by paying a high price FA and then they just turn out to be a bust (or at least not worth the money).  So...you're kind of stuck in a rock and a hard place.  You're going to have to pay a lot to get that player, whether it's draft picks, inflated free agent prices, trades, etc.  That's why I didn't mind that Grigs tried with Bjoern Werner.  I didn't mind the trade for Trent either, except that we used a first.  That's the only way you'll get those marqise players.  Sucks they didn't pan out, but Grigson knows that that's the only way you're going to get someone that sticks around for 8 or 10 years when you're constantly drafting 24th or later.

you re-sign your cornerstone or foundational pieces.....Luck.....Davis....Hilton....Castonzo are foundational pieces....game changers you must account for every single snap or top pass protector in Castonzos case...Everyone else....expendable (speaking of years to come not short term like Mathis, Cole, Gore ect)....We wont be able to re-sign everybody

Geez Gavin you make us sound like the Seahawks when you say we can't sign everyone

You can only sign the guys that you can sign. One of the problems we had during the Manning era, and what's now going to seem like the Luck era, is that we're always drafting toward the back quarter of the draft. Pretty tough to find defensive game changers there. So that leaves FA, and game changers don't hit free agency, and when they do, you'll be cutting out a check that'd make anyone roll their eyes because how many teams have been crushed by paying a high price FA and then they just turn out to be a bust (or at least not worth the money). So...you're kind of stuck in a rock and a hard place. You're going to have to pay a lot to get that player, whether it's draft picks, inflated free agent prices, trades, etc. That's why I didn't mind that Grigs tried with Bjoern Werner. I didn't mind the trade for Trent either, except that we used a first. That's the only way you'll get those marqise players. Sucks they didn't pan out, but Grigson knows that that's the only way you're going to get someone that sticks around for 8 or 10 years when you're constantly drafting 24th or later.

I agree with most of this except this year we had the chance to take defense. And the year we took Werner we could've taken Rhodes

Collins

Brown

Top 2 picks still available when we picked but we took Dorsett

We're always gonna be drafting 24th or later, but that's where Grigson and his scouts come in. There's talent in every round. I think Anderson and Geathers are gonna be good. You gotta know how to draft late and deep into the draft

What are your thoughts on us being able to retain Fleener and Allen? I would say that one of them is probably not going to be able to be retained.

Reports from camp that McGrath is pushing to the 53. Keep those 3

McGrath

Allen

Fleener

Then come re-sign time, let Allen walk and find a new #3. McGrath is basically the same mold as Allen. I only say keep Fleener for his size and familiarity with Andrew. He's more of a mismatch for defenses than Allen can be

McGrath

Allen

Fleener

Then come re-sign time, let Allen walk and find a new #3. McGrath is basically the same mold as Allen. I only say keep Fleener for his size and familiarity with Andrew. He's more of a mismatch for defenses than Allen can be

No Jack Doyle? The best blocker on the team. Plus Ive heard that Doyle has made some great catches in camp. Personally Doyle is one of my favorite Colts.

What are your thoughts on us being able to retain Fleener and Allen? I would say that one of them is probably not going to be able to be retained.

Tag Fleener pay Allen if he stays healthy. Neither are elite but very good, Allen if healthy is pro bowl though, but I'd say he's not there yet

McGrath

Allen

Fleener

Ay ay ay

No Jack Doyle? The best blocker on the team. Plus Ive heard that Doyle has made some great catches in camp. Personally Doyle is one of my favorite Colts.

Dwayne Allen is a far better blocker than Doyle. But, I agree, McGrath will have to be very impressive to surpass Doyle.

Dwayne Allen is a far better blocker than Doyle. But, I agree, McGrath will have to be very impressive to surpass Doyle.

Nothing against Allen's skills because he is a good blocker but I've seen Doyle make some devastating blocks. I like him blocking out of the backfield better than Allen. JMO

Wow, that's a lot of pesos considering you have a loaded receiver depth chart. Could have gotten some good line help for that kind of money! Comparing his stats to the others first 3 seasons is irrelevent. We are in a pass happy era here, anyone will produce stats now that will beat or match old ones. I would definitely have invested that money in OL players. But,it sounds like the those paying the toll, the season ticket holders , are happy?

Wow, that's a lot of pesos considering you have a loaded receiver depth chart. Could have gotten some good line help for that kind of money! Comparing his stats to the others first 3 seasons is irrelevent. We are in a pass happy era here, anyone will produce stats now that will beat or match old ones. I would definitely have invested that money in OL players. But,it sounds like the those paying the toll, the season ticket holders , are happy?

What OL players are speaking of? If I recall FA was fairly thin with OL talent.