Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TY Hilton signs new deal (Mega Merge)

TKnight24

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a 5 year extension on top of his current year at $65m.... so really its a 6 year $65m deal... That's like $10.8m a year... Fair for both sides I think

Is it possible to be structured in a way to pay him more this year right up to the cap? Or he's just gonna keep getting nothing this year and it will kick in next year

Source says five years, $65M total with $39M in guarantees for TY Hilton. #Colts

— Stephen Holder (@HolderStephen)

August 13, 2015

Source says five years, $65M total with $39M in guarantees for TY Hilton. #Colts

Right.  And that $39M part is the only thing that matters. 

I don't know why they even advertise the number of years and total value of the contract.  I bet less than 5% of those contracts work out like that.

It's a 5 year extension on top of his current year at $65m.... so really its a 6 year $65m deal... That's like $10.8m a year... Fair for both sides I think

Yep, this pretty much how you have to look at it.  It's a good deal for both sides.

I hoped for less in new money, but at least this way we have one less player to worry about using a franchise tag.  Now they can have that in pocket for a TE if they want to.

I'd also suspect that much of this deal is back loaded, so we're probably looking at annual figures of 8 or so for the first few years.  I figure he has to have a plan as we all know that the mega deal to Luck is inevitable.

$39M guaranteed? 

giphy.gif

In guarantees, not fully guaranteed.  

Language is important.  When they say "in guarantees" they mean "guaranteed money and guaranteed for injury only"

A lot of that money is guaranteed for injury.  

Will be eagerly awaiting over the cap to give us the full details but for now glad we locked up TY.  

Why???

Are we, the fans paying him?

Technically yes, if you pay for and go to the home games. The point of my post was more to the fact that quite a few "fans" seemed to think TY wasn't worth the "new market WR money" and they would be "so mad if TY didn't accept a "low ball" offer from the Colts". - my summarization

For those saying $13 million is a lot, that's the new standard price for resigning elite receivers.

I agree, I think 13 is about what everyone predicted.  

I mean Maclin got like 11 million after having 1 single good season.  TY has had 3 good seasons and gotten better each season.

If he'd hit FA he might have commanded even more.