Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

8/12/2015 TC Thread

TKnight24

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a GoPro on Mike Adams today. This will be fun.

— Steve Andress (@ColtsReporter)

August 12, 2015

Colts former first-round pick Bjoern Werner becomes backup, switches from rush LB to strong side LB http://t.co/6sinLJ7DfO

— Mike Wells (@MikeWellsNFL)

August 12, 2015

Colts former first-round pick Bjoern Werner becomes backup, switches from rush LB to strong side LB http://t.co/6sinLJ7DfO

HMMM...I wish I had said that Mike Wells....:)  

That's not really one of them, though. Cut him, fine (although that's rash; I think he can play guard). Why grab a CFL center? There are a handful of NFL centers still available if we want to replace Harrison.

Harrison has played guard and he is extremely strong and athletic. I feel he makes the team as a back-up 'lineman.' 

Im sure he is, I'd say he is an upgrade even after watching him play, Doyle has had his moments but nothing consistent.

He actually has been consistent.  Good blocker and we saw he can catch the pass too.  McGrath had one decent season with KC.  Doyle has grown to 267 pounds which will help his blocking more.  IMO Doyle is more reliable at this point.  We don't need McGrath to retire in a moment's notice as he did in KC.  Again Just my opinion.

Harrison has played guard and he is extremely strong and athletic. I feel he makes the team as a back-up 'lineman.' 

I would say Harrison is practically a lock. He is the back up C. He backs up a guy who has a history of not making it to week 1. I don't get the hate for the guy. He started as a rookie. He took his lumps but showed he has a future.

As you said he is strong as an ox and athletic and he can play G and C. His ceiling is  high and his price tag is  low. That sounds  good to me. I don't understand how everyone expects the young guys not have ups and downs. Yet they believe a guy like Thomas is going to ride in and save the day. For 3M dollars less Harrison does something Thomas hasn't done in 2 years play football.

I would be surprised if Doyle didn't stay as the 3rd TE as well. I guess I will keep an eye on McGrath this preseason particularly his blocking. 

I would say Harrison is practically a lock. He is the back up C. He backs up a guy who has a history of not making it to week 1. I don't get the hate for the guy. He started as a rookie. He took his lumps but showed he has a future.

As you said he is strong as an ox and athletic and he can play G and C. His ceiling is  high and his price tag is  low. That sounds  good to me. I don't understand how everyone expects the young guys not have ups and downs. Yet they believe a guy like Thomas is going to ride in and save the day. For 3M dollars less Harrison does something Thomas hasn't done in 2 years play football.

I would be surprised if Doyle didn't stay as the 3rd TE as well. I guess I will keep an eye on McGrath this preseason particularly his blocking. 

The really good thing about Doyle is he knows his role on the team.  He is not her to be the star of the show.  He is here to do his job. :thmup: