Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

8/12/2015 TC Thread

TKnight24

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes yes. This time Matt was saying hike repeatedly but apparently Harrison wouldn't snap the ball. Hit his butt to get him to snap it.

I don't know about that. The fact that no one else moved -- apparently -- makes me wonder if he was actually calling for the snap yet.

End of the day, it would not surprise me that Harrison wasn't aware of when to snap the ball. 

I don't know about that. The fact that no one else moved -- apparently -- makes me wonder if he was actually calling for the snap yet.

End of the day, it would not surprise me that Harrison wasn't aware of when to snap the ball.

That is where I was going if no one else moved they are going on the snap..when QB taps him or everyone would have fired off. It sounds like they were trying to draw the D off but I wasn't there don't really know.

We might as well cut him grab a CFL C a lot of good ideas on the board

That is where I was going if no one else moved they are going on the snap..when QB taps him or everyone would have fired off. It sounds like they were trying to draw the D off but I wasn't there don't really know.

We might as well cut him grab a CFL C a lot of good ideas on the board

That's not really one of them, though. Cut him, fine (although that's rash; I think he can play guard). Why grab a CFL center? There are a handful of NFL centers still available if we want to replace Harrison.

That's not really one of them, though. Cut him, fine (although that's rash; I think he can play guard). Why grab a CFL center? There are a handful of NFL centers still available if we want to replace Harrison.

I was being sarcastic cutting Harrison for a CFL C was ridicuoisly suggested in this thread. I still want to see if Holmes makes it to week 1.

Annndddd there's a guy wearing a Rob Gronkowski Patriots jersey in the stands watching camp. At a Colts practice. In Indiana. #ColtsCamp

— Josh Wilson (@JoshWilsonSB)

August 12, 2015

Annndddd there's a guy wearing a Rob Gronkowski Patriots jersey in the stands watching camp. At a Colts practice. In Indiana. #ColtsCamp <---- :scorebad:

That guy walked past my wife and I. Nearly everyone's face that noticed him was like :scratch::facepalm:

I was being sarcastic cutting Harrison for a CFL C was ridicuoisly suggested in this thread. I still want to see if Holmes makes it to week 1.

HA, you guys don't buy into the theory that the BEST CFL center has got to be better than the NFL's WORST center???

that's logic at it's best, NO????

Some of my notes from today's camp:

Luck to Andre. A lot. Get used to it. Made a sick 1 handed grab down the sidelines, crowd cheered.

Duron Carter again made play after play today. He looks so dang tall out there. Jumping and plucking the ball out of the air over everybody. He was first on the field today going to work.

TY dropped a few deep balls but was there in the endzone for a TD today.

Vincent Brown had the nod over Griff Whalen today in my opinion. He looks fast and shifty and made some tough catches.

D. Allen, Fleener, & Doyle were quiet but had a decent day. Dwayne dropped an easy catch earlier in the day. Fleener and Doyle looked flawless.

Gore is as advertised. Hasn't lost a step and makes our O-Line look above average.

Boom Herron is improved and looks very fast out there. He dances too much in my opinion though.

Tyler Varga is a muscle machine. Very strong kid. Made some nice catches today.

Josh Robinson looks okay, nothing special yet from what I saw. Had 1 great run straight up the gut.

Jonathon Newsome wreaked havoc on Hasslebeck a few times today that were called for sacks. I think he has a great 2015 season.

Clayton Geathers looks huge. He had some good coverage today and made a pick on Luck today.

Adam Vinatieri was flawless. Kicked 16 for 16 I believe today. Two were over 60 yards. He hit the camera guy in the cherry picker a couple times. Oops!

Pat McAfee is a funny dude. I asked if he could sign my football. I extended out the football and sharpie and he then begins to sword fight my sharpie with his sharpie. (That sounds terrible, I know, but it was funny) Then he saw my wife and just started talking to her. LOL Nice.

One thing I have not seen discussed is the change of Werner to SLB.  I think it is a better spot than Rush.  Here is an articlce from the Indy Star.  It is short....

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/colts-insider/2015/08/12/indianapolis-colts-depth-chart-bjoern-werner-position-change/31526117/

I know people keep saying it, but I really havnt seen much evidence of Werner being much of a player at SAM either. He comes across as a very non aggressive LB to me......it's just odd.

Luck to Andre. A lot. Get used to it. Made a sick 1 handed grab down the sidelines, crowd cheered.

Duron Carter again made play after play today. He looks so dang tall out there. Jumping and plucking the ball out of the air over everybody. He was first on the field today going to work.

Vincent Brown had the nod over Griff Whalen today in my opinion. He looks fast and shifty and made some tough catches.

D. Allen, Fleener, & Doyle were quiet but had a decent day. Dwayne dropped an easy catch earlier in the day. Fleener and Doyle looked flawless.

Gore is as advertised. Hasn't lost a step and makes our O-Line look above average.

Boom Herron is improved and looks very fast out there. He dances too much in my opinion though.

Josh Robinson looks okay, nothing special yet from what I saw. Had 1 great run straight up the gut.

Jonathon Newsome wreaked havoc on Hasslebeck a few times today that were called for sacks. I think he has a great 2015 season.

Clayton Geathers looks huge. He had some good coverage today and made a pick on Luck today.

Adam Vinatieri was flawless. Kicked 16 for 16 I believe today. Two were over 60 yards. He hit the camera guy in the cherry picker a couple times. Oops!

Pat McAfee is a funny dude. I asked if he could sign my football. I extended out the football and sharpie and he then begins to sword fight my sharpie with his sharpie. (That sounds terrible, I know, but it was funny) Then he saw my wife and just started talking to her. LOL Nice.

Was listening to 1070 and Conrad Bruner(?) believes Doyle is fighting for a roster spot with Sean McGrath. You seen anything of McGrath?

Some of my photos and videos for you guys:

Gore and Gore... lol

IMG_2115_zpsyy6gmeqz.jpg

The 4th Down Guys:

IMG_2142_zpsnli9z7gj.jpg

TY and Andre (Gonna see a lot of this):

IMG_2121_zpsiypevzat.jpg

Dwight Lowery, Josh Robinson, Frank Gore, Mike Adams:

IMG_2107_zpsqolzlad1.jpg

Vontae Davis and Darius Butler Watching today:

IMG_2136_zpsikm7bkyx.jpg

The O-Line with Frank Gore split out wide:

IMG_2135_zps8gnnalqy.jpg

The WR Group:

IMG_2119_zpsr242edwp.jpg

One of the t-shirts that we saw around camp today that people were asking about. There was another guy early in camp removed his jersey and the t-shirt underneath drew a large cheer from the crowd. Vulgar too explicit to write on this forum but it had to do with Bill Belichick. lol

IMG_2130_zpsssjl3xko.jpg

Andre Johnson and Duron Carter:

http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v479/icdrob/Colts%20Camp%202015/IMG_2128_zpsyiyzwnby.mp4

Pat McAfee being the Boomstick as always:

http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v479/icdrob/Colts%20Camp%202015/IMG_2110_zpsg0nht3dr.mp4

More Andre:

http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v479/icdrob/Colts%20Camp%202015/IMG_2125_zpsneov7w46.mp4

Frank Gore:

http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v479/icdrob/Colts%20Camp%202015/IMG_2124_zpspqnlvtrr.mp4

Was listening to 1070 and Conrad Bruner(?) believes Doyle is fighting for a roster spot with Sean McGrath. You seen anything of McGrath?

That very well could be. I did not see much of McGrath today but when I did he was blocking. Didn't see him make any catches but I did see Doyle make a couple. It will be interesting to see how that pans out but I think Doyle wins the battle honestly but we'll see. Sean McGrath does have one hell of a beard though.

Im sure he is, I'd say he is an upgrade even after watching him play, Doyle has had his moments but nothing consistent.

Judging by the angle of your pics, you must have been sitting in front of me. I saw the same things. Carter and Gore kept drawing my attention today. Carter was everywhere, and I was pleased to see him out on the field first. I thought Gore was a workhorse, keeping himself moving. He looked good. Also, since you mentioned him, I couldn't help but notice Varga's calf muscles. They were huge! I find it difficult to follow the defense when they aren't in full pads. They can't get too physical, but Geathers was interesting. He did look massive and was doing a decent job when I paid attention. And, in an effort at full disclosure, I took a pic of the back of the vulgar shirt because I am weak. I giggled...a lot.

Edited by 21isSuperman

Mike Adams yells to a fan in a colts suit on the sidelines - "That's a bad butt suit you got on man!!" Crowd laughs

Thats me...I got 3 suits..I goto the NFL draft every year and where them there..I try to make it to at least one train camp in the suit..it was a little toasty in it..

Thanks first thing I have heard about Varga in camp. His hands are huge. They said as big as an offensive linemen's during the Senior Bowl practices, catches everything thrown at him. Did he get any carries?  I really hope the kid gets some run in the Eagles game. I think he can make the team. He can do a lot of things. He should and will have to shine on special teams to have a shot.

I don't fully disagree, but I also don't see the Colts putting up less than 30 against any of those teams, Bills & Jets included.

I'm not making predictions here,  but I wouldn't expect more than 30 against either Buffalo or the NYJ.

We might score that many,  but I wouldn't expect it.

I'm expecting less than 30 in those games,  but wouldn't be shocked if we scored more than that.     I'd say surprised,  but not shocked.

I'm not making predictions here,  but I wouldn't expect more than 30 against either Buffalo or the NYJ.

I'm expecting less than 30 in those games,  but wouldn't be shocked if we scored more than that.     I'd say surprised,  but not shocked.

lmao. You just said the same thing 6 times.

You and me both. I really find it hard to believe the coaches really believe there's a battle for C. Only thing keeping Harrison here imo is the question mark that is Holmes health

Have the coaches done anything to tell you that the job doesn't belong to Holmes?    I know they said there would be an open competition for the job,  but hasn't Holmes been with the 1's every day.    Hasn't Harrison been mostly a 2nd string guy this camp?

In short,  hasn't Holmes already won this job?     I'm sure Harrison will still be given a few more opportunities in pre-season games,   but Holmes appears to be the man.   He's going to be our starter.

Actions speak louder than words.

As for Harrison,  he's a back-up.    He's likely struggling now because it doesn't seem like he's getting a lot of reps.

Judging by the angle of your pics, you must have been sitting in front of me. I saw the same things. Carter and Gore kept drawing my attention today. Carter was everywhere, and I was pleased to see him out on the field first. I thought Gore was a workhorse, keeping himself moving. He looked good. Also, since you mentioned him, I couldn't help but notice Varga's calf muscles. They were huge! I find it difficult to follow the defense when they aren't in full pads. They can't get too physical, but Geathers was interesting. He did look massive and was doing a decent job when I paid attention. And, in an effort at full disclosure, I took a pic of the back of the vulgar shirt because I am weak. I giggled...a lot.

Yep! My wife and I sat in the front row of the bleachers. I did notice Vargas calf muscles. Is that wrong for a dude to notice?? lol I tried to take a picture of that guys shirt but didn't come out that well. Don't feel weak, many many people loved it. lol

Thats me...I got 3 suits..I goto the NFL draft every year and where them there..I try to make it to at least one train camp in the suit..it was a little toasty in it..

That's awesome man! That's the first thing I thought of when I saw you. Had to be burning up in that today!

Duron Carter is going to be the #3 or #4 WR this year.

You may be right,  but I wouldn't bet on it,  and it's way, way too soon to know.....

Dorsett and Moncrief have looked very, very good.      Whoever ends up as our #5, will still be very, very good and make plays for the Colts.

Thanks first thing I have heard about Varga in camp. His hands are huge. They said as big as an offensive linemen's during the Senior Bowl practices, catches everything thrown at him. Did he get any carries? I really hope the kid gets some run in the Eagles game. I think he can make the team. He can do a lot of things. He should and will have to shine on special teams to have a shot.

I talked to him for a minute after practice. He seemed excited for the challenge. I didn't see him get any significant carries, mainly doing catch plays. I hope to see him shine as well.

I might be getting ahead of myself a little based on the fact that the offense is balling in training camp, but a guy can dream can't he?

You'll be wrong, don't worry. Not taking the bet was a wise choice.

I'll take that wager... No way does Carter overtake Moncrief and Dorsett.

None of this vagueness though, you cant make a bet and say he will be this or that... (3rd or 4th).... make a decision.

Also, if either Moncrief or Dorsett go down to injury for an extended period of time then he must take the 3rd spot at least for the wager to still be fair, equally if Carter goes down with an injury for an extended period then the bet is off.