Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

8/12/2015 TC Thread

TKnight24

Happy Wednesday folks. This time it's gonna be different. There's a few forum members who can't see the tweets when I embed them, so I'm going text style to see if this helps and gets better results

I have an android phone and the twitter app has changed a bit. I can copy the tweet text style but not the person's twitter name so the updates are gonna look like I'm typing them myself. So just bare with me and we'll see what happens. Snkdy and others may still pop in and post the actual tweets so we'll see

:colts:

:rantoff:

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

-The @Colts have three more afternoon practices left in Anderson (Wednesday-Friday). Full pads for today’s #ColtsCamp practice are expected

-Back to normal today at #ColtsCamp15. Sunny skies and open practice at 1:55 p.m.

-Jonathan Newsome says he's able to play faster this year from the start because he's already got playbook down. #ColtsCamp15

-Newsome's goal for this year: I definitely want to get double-digit sacks. #ColtsCamp15

-Chuck Pagano says he hasn't ruled out anyone yet for Sunday's preseason opener. Vontae Davis and Darius Butler are still day-to-day.

-QBs #Colts face in first 5 weeks:

Wk 1: Matt Cassel

Wk 2: Ryan Fitzpatrick

Wk 3: Marcus Mariota

Wk 4: Blake Bortles

Wk 5: Brian Hoyer

-Newsome's goal for this year: I definitely want to get double-digit sacks. #ColtsCamp15

-Chuck Pagano says he hasn't ruled out anyone yet for Sunday's preseason opener. Vontae Davis and Darius Butler are still day-to-day.

Defense should be drooling over that schedule.

Happy Wednesday folks. This time it's gonna be different. There's a few forum members who can't see the tweets when I embed them, so I'm going text style to see if this helps and gets better results

I have an android phone and the twitter app has changed a bit. I can copy the tweet text style but not the person's twitter name so the updates are gonna look like I'm typing them myself. So just bare with me and we'll see what happens. Snkdy and others may still pop in and post the actual tweets so we'll see

:colts:

:rantoff:

So, again. the many suffer for the few...

A sickness of our society these days!

How about you post both, the embedded & the text version.

I really like the pics and who the comments are attributed to as some of the sources are more credible.

No biggie.

I really like the pics and who the comments are attributed to as some of the sources are more credible.

No biggie.

....... Again, there's other posters here who post tweets as well. But I'm probably the most active one so I'm doing the text version. If the tweets have pics I'll tweet them. But if it's just comments..... really don't see the issue.

For those complaining about the way the guys who take their own time to show you what they have looked up, open a Twitter account and follow the guys who twit so you can get your fix the way you want it. My lord people have no appreciation for people who do their own work but it doesn't fit others style. Jeez

For those complaining about the way the guys who take their own time to show you what they have looked up, open a Twitter account and follow the guys who twit so you can get your fix the way you want it. My lord people have no appreciation for people who do their own work but it doesn't fit others style. Jeez

"twit"

Tweet...But Im just being picky just messin with ya :funny:

three of those five teams have top 5 defenses so while the defense maybe drooling, the offense is gonna have a challenge

That's great!  We will surely see what our offense is made of :)  I'm not really concerned though, because I do think our offense is to good for ANY defense to stop.  Only Seattle or New Englands defense last year would have a chance at shutting this offense down.

I don't fully disagree, but I also don't see the Colts putting up less than 30 against any of those teams, Bills & Jets included.

on the titans and jags sure, you might wanna lower your expectations on the other two

No biggie.

I think you should thank TK and all the other tweet posters, not try and tell them what to do.  Read the opening post.  TK said He was trying something new.  If you don't like it, go watch the Food Channel.  :)

Thanks TK for getting us any information you can in any way, shape or form!!! :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :colts:  :colts:

Edited by BrentMc11

on the titans and jags sure, you might wanna lower your expectations on the other two

I'm mostly taking BUF & NYJ respective QB issues into consideration. They're both gonna turn the ball over to our defense, probably more than once. I don't think the Colts offense is just going to run up and down the field, especially against those defenses, but I do see them getting the ball with good to great field position on most possessions. Give Luck and that offense a short field, and it's only a matter of time before they start scoring in bunches.

I don't fully disagree, but I also don't see the Colts putting up less than 30 against any of those teams, Bills & Jets included.

We'll see... two of the best offenses last year couldn't do it against the Bills. Actually.... No team team scored over 30 against the Bills last year. 

14 Dec 07 BUF 17 @ DEN 24 Final 76,913 Kyle Orton

355 Yds (BUF) Juwan Thompson

63 Yds (DEN) Sammy Watkins

127 Yds (BUF) 15 Dec 14 GB 13 @ BUF 21 Final 70,214 Aaron Rodgers

185 Yds (GB) Eddie Lacy

97 Yds (GB) Randall Cobb

96 Yds (GB)

I liked your post and then unliked it, just so I could Like it again.  You're absolutely right!

One thing I have not seen discussed is the change of Werner to SLB.  I think it is a better spot than Rush.  Here is an articlce from the Indy Star.  It is short....

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/colts-insider/2015/08/12/indianapolis-colts-depth-chart-bjoern-werner-position-change/31526117/

This really isn't much of a change though.  Werner has played mostly at Sam when he lines up in the base defense.  Yeah there were times when he's lined up on the other side, mostly last year while Mathis was out and while Newsome was still getting up to speed, but more often than not Werner has been lined up at Sam. :)

I'm mostly taking BUF & NYJ respective QB issues into consideration. They're both gonna turn the ball over to our defense, probably more than once. I don't think the Colts offense is just going to run up and down the field, especially against those defenses, but I do see them getting the ball with good to great field position on most possessions. Give Luck and that offense a short field, and it's only a matter of time before they start scoring in bunches.

Maybe the BIll's QB will. Fitzy is fairly conservative and good at preventing turnovers. Their WR core is largely improved and so is their secondary. I wouldn't discount them quite yet. 

I think we will be able to beat the BIlls solidly unless they figure out what to do at QB. I don't have much faith in a dancing McCoy in Roman's system to keep the chains going. 

No biggie.

You're not doing too bad if this is what you class as suffering. 

I think you should thank TK and all the other tweet posters, not try and tell them what to do.  Read the opening post.  TK said He was trying something new.  If you don't like it, go watch the Food Channel.   :)

Thanks TK for getting us any information you can in any way, shape or form!!! :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :colts:  :colts:

Guess I shoulda kept my mouph shut!

You do make a good point.

Thanks TK!

As I said "No Biggie"

Apologies to those I may have offended!

I liked your post and then unliked it, just so I could Like it again.  You're absolutely right!

This really isn't much of a change though.  Werner has played mostly at Sam when he lines up in the base defense.  Yeah there were times when he's lined up on the other side, mostly last year while Mathis was out and while Newsome was still getting up to speed, but more often than not Werner has been lined up at Sam. :)

He is now clearly second string, and not a rush backer as he started the season out.  I think it is more important than 'Dorsett is faster than Hilton posts :)

Guess I shoulda kept my mouph shut!

You do make a good point.

Thanks TK!

As I said "No Biggie"

Apologies to those I may have offended!

I edited it to put a smile on it.  No need for any apologies.  This is an open forum so you can say what you wish.  What you say will be held against you or for you :)  I learned that the very first day on here. :funny:

Thanks again TK...I could never read your posts before so thats helpful.

Also while we face some stiff defenses early on...we should really be able to get our defense started off on the right foot leading into that meeting with NE. Hopefully we build some confidence and cohesion.

Murderer's Row!

One thing I have not seen discussed is the change of Werner to SLB.  I think it is a better spot than Rush.  Here is an articlce from the Indy Star.  It is short....

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/colts-insider/2015/08/12/indianapolis-colts-depth-chart-bjoern-werner-position-change/31526117/

agreed, i think he is better suited there. He is far better against the run. 

Only 3 corners were targeted 80+ times without giving up a TD in 2014: (via @PFF)

1. Chris Harris Jr.

2. Vontae Davis

3. Orlando Scandrick

Only 3 corners were targeted 80+ times without giving up a TD in 2014: (via @PFF) 1. Chris Harris Jr. 2. Vontae Davis 3. Orlando Scandrick

— Cris Collinsworth (@CollinsworthNBC)

August 12, 2015

Davis hasn’t given up a touchdown in coverage since Week 13 of the 2013 season (more than 1,300 snaps). https://t.co/izW7eyR02o