Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would Colt Fans Do This Trade To Get Luck If They Have The 2Nd Pick

Absolutely not. This team does not have a solid enough foundation right now to win with a rookie QB that will be growing into the NFL, and trading away all those picks will greatly hinder the effort to build a better foundation. If Manning does not come back, it is time to start rebuilding....probably in a way that is not as QB-centric. They will need draft picks to rebuild. I am okay with taking Luck with our own pick (not completely sold on it, but okay with it) but not with trading a ton of future picks to get him if we do not get the #1. In that case, I would rather take the next QB in line and use the remaining picks to start building our core for the future.

As much as I would like to see Luck in a Colts uniform, there is no way I would trade that much to move up 1 spot to get him. If we end up with the 2nd pick, then they should see if there is a team dumb enough to trade 2 or 3 good picks to get RG3 and then we could grab Ryan Tannehill in the late 1st or early 2nd.

if manning can't play. would you give up this years 1st & 2nd, 2013 1st & 2nd, and 2014 1st to get the 1st pick this year?

this is what so many seem to think the colts should get from other teams for the 1st pick.

I hope we don't give up 5 potential longterm starters for one potential longterm starter. I'd love it if we were in position to make that trade ourselves. Three straight first round picks from the Rams would make us mighty.

I wouldn't. My thinking is if we don't get Luck, we trade down from the 2nd pick to get a multitude of picks and bring in as much talent as we can. We know the Browns might want to move up to get a guy like RG3. Shanahan and Chan Gailey also like scrambling QBs, so they might be in the market to move up. Oakland also only has 5th and 6th round picks this year. I'd guess that they would be willing to trade future early picks to get some early round picks in this draft. So if we have the number 2 pick and we want to trade down, there are a number of different trading partners that might be willing to trade with us.

No way, not a chance, never in a million years.

EVEN if Manning is fit, we are giving away far too much. I'd rather we took RG3 (who I'm not a huge fan of!) by trading down than doing that deal.

Heck, I'd rather trade down and pick up an extra pick or two for some other team to get RGIII and then turn around and resign Orlovsky. I bet someone thinks RGIII is worth at least 2 1sts and a 3rd. Plug a hole or two on D and shore up our O-line and we'll be fine.

if manning can't play. would you give up this years 1st & 2nd, 2013 1st & 2nd, and 2014 1st to get the 1st pick this year?

this is what so many seem to think the colts should get from other teams for the 1st pick.

Where you pick makes a huge difference... i.e. #2 pick or #32 pick.

And no I probably wouldn't, but some people probably would.

Where you pick makes a huge difference... i.e. #2 pick or #32 pick.

And no I probably wouldn't, but some people probably would.

As much as i'd love for the colts to trade up, i wouldn't trade up from #2 to #1 with what the original poster says.. but they should definitely make an attempt to trade a 2nd round with the 1st pick to move up from #2 to #1 should the colts do the wrong thing and lose this sunday. This can be avoided if we just put Curtis Painter back in.