Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Release Unofficial Depth Chart

HtownColt

well for those that herrera would be cut, hes a 2nd stringer

That was really the only thing that caught my eye....I was a bit surprised to see Herrera ahead of Muamba on this depth chart.

Yes this isnt written very well.....   they should show 2 positions of DE      so who is Jones backup and so on?   

Actually this is how the Colt depth chart has been written since Pagano got here.  They run a hybrid front so it's not the standard DE - NT - DE.  They typically line the weakside lineman at 3-tech which is considered a DT.  So the Colt front is always listed as (from strong-side to weak-side) - DE - NT - DT.  So as of now, Langford would be the starting lineman on the strong side and Jones would be the starting lineman on the weakside, with Chapman at NT.

When I was there on the 7th he muffed a kickoff so bad that had the whistle not been blown I'm sure it would have been recovered by the kicking team at the 3 yard line.  It was pretty terrible, never seen a guy screw up a kickoff that bad.

Are you talking about Boom or Griff?  Was it worse than Cribbs against the Pats?  IN THE FACE lol

Are you talking about Boom or Griff?  Was it worse than Cribbs against the Pats?  IN THE FACE lol

Boom

And it's hard to say if it was worse or not but consider that on a kickoff if you muff the catch you usually have time to recover it and down it anyways.

With this it bounced off his hands forward and to the right and he had to run after it and from where I was standing it did not look like he would have had any chance of recovering it.  It would have basically given up a TD to the other team because either they would score it or they would down it so close to the endzone that the offense scoring the TD would have been a given.

Boom

And it's hard to say if it was worse or not but consider that on a kickoff if you muff the catch you usually have time to recover it and down it anyways.

With this it bounced off his hands forward and to the right and he had to run after it and from where I was standing it did not look like he would have had any chance of recovering it.  It would have basically given up a TD to the other team because either they would score it or they would down it so close to the endzone that the offense scoring the TD would have been a given.

That sounds pretty bad. Boom has always had a problem holding onto the football. I just don't understand why the staff wouldn't let Dorsett do it also. I mean, he is the fastest on the team with really good hands. Herron isn't even a fast RB who is notorious for fumbling. Or at the least get Carter out there to make some plays, and work him into the mix. Herron will get his reps as backup to Gore.

That sounds pretty bad. Boom has always had a problem holding onto the football. I just don't understand why the staff wouldn't let Dorsett do it also. I mean, he is the fastest on the team with really good hands. Herron isn't even a fast RB who is notorious for fumbling. Or at the least get Carter out there to make some plays, and work him into the mix. Herron will get his reps as backup to Gore.

It's hard to tell in practice who will be a better returner but I agree I don't want Herron doing it.  Dorsett would probably be my first choice.  

Looks like the thoughts about Muamba were right. Herrera has jumped in front of him. I wonder if he'll even make the team this year. Either way we are thin at ILB.

Thin? Freeman, DQ, Irving, Herrera.. I'm actually pretty pleased with this group considering where they were at depth wise the past couple of years..

Thin? Freeman, DQ, Irving, Herrera.. I'm actually pretty pleased with this group considering where they were at depth wise the past couple of years..

Remember though,Irving is coming off a knee injury. Plus that means we basically have one backup for each ILB spot. If someone goes down we'll only have 3 LBs total.

Remember though,Irving is coming off a knee injury. Plus that means we basically have one backup for each ILB spot. If someone goes down we'll only have 3 LBs total.

Irving is pretty much healthy and to be honest I don't remember the Colts carrying any more than 4-5 ILB's last year.