Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chuck Pagano comments on the AFC Title Game

peytonmanning18

It's good to see the loss still burns with Pagano, now maybe he will grow a pair

against our nemesis and come up with a better game plan.

Im pretty sure growing a pair and coming up with game-planning against the Patriots are 2 totally separate deals

You could say "taken to the woodshed, spanked, etc...", but I think the coach summed it up.  Having read articles about the Pats coming in here mad, I can only say bring it.  If the difference in the off season acquisitions/losses don't favor the Colts, I'd be surprised.  I keep saying I see the DB's in that game for the Pats puffing and panting in the second half.  Take it to 'em guys.

Im pretty sure growing a pair and coming up with game-planning against the Patriots are 2 totally separate deals

It's nice to see that this still motivates this team, as it should. I expect a physical look this year...Something we're not used to seeing during the finesse years.

I have a feeling this week 6 game is gonna be like the old Pacers/Knicks games, blood path, a pure battle.  I can see some fighting in that game too.

I agree ^^^ Pagano should have had plenty of motivation before the game, we got stomped on the prior 2 games so these are just words IMHO until he actually shows he can game plan for a tough matchup like the Pats were and win the game while the players execute. I'm still not sold on Paganos ability to put the whole game together at this point but he is still a young head coach and even the evil BB failed at his first coaching job and now he is deemed the best coach ever possibly.

We always have more meeker coaches, from Dungy to Caldwell to Pagano. I would just love to have Rex Ryan.

Not just meeker, but seems like we never had a elite HC, or someone who was certainly considered one of the tops in league. I think some would have put Dungy up there, but I didn't consider elite. Especially running the cover 2.

Not since Don Shula, a bit before my time, have we had a advantage over other teams on the sidelines.

nothing at all to do with growing a pair

Then the whole team needs to grow a pair, getting waxed twice by the same team is just 

plain sickening to watch. We got punched in the teeth and wilted without a fight in either game.

Then the whole team needs to grow a pair, getting waxed twice by the same team is just

plain sickening to watch. We got punched in the teeth and wilted without a fight in either game.

Punched in the teeth? Yes

Wilted without a fight? No not all

It's nice to see that this still motivates this team, as it should. I expect a physical look this year...Something we're not used to seeing during the finesse years.

I don't know where this finesse crap came into the equation at all...You got Pagano, a tough, defensive minded coach who came from the Ravens system and Irsay who can't comment enough on how he wants a monster, a bully that holds it down at the line of scrimmage. I like Chapman's recent comments about it being time to dominate. Let's put those words into action my man...

I don't know where this finesse crap came into the equation at all...You got Pagano, a tough, defensive minded coach who came from the Ravens system and Irsay who can't comment enough on how he wants a monster, a bully that holds it down at the line of scrimmage. I like Chapman's recent comments about it being time to dominate. Let's put those words into action my man...

Finesse years i.e. Manning Era

I agree ^^^ Pagano should have had plenty of motivation before the game, we got stomped on the prior 2 games so these are just words IMHO until he actually shows he can game plan for a tough matchup like the Pats were and win the game while the players execute. I'm still not sold on Paganos ability to put the whole game together at this point but he is still a young head coach and even the evil BB failed at his first coaching job and now he is deemed the best coach ever possibly.

BB didn't really fail in Cleveland. He did pretty well considering the roster, lack of QB and the owner.

Belichik did a very solid job in Cleveland when you look at their progression in the early 1990s. That was a team on the rise when clevelanders had their hearts ripped out in 95. One of the toughest most loyal fan bases in all of sports and they get their team taken away from them. Had belichik had 2-3 more seasons there that team may well have reached the super bowl before the Ravens eventially did in 2000.

We always have more meeker coaches, from Dungy to Caldwell to Pagano. I would just love to have Rex Ryan . . . as a defensive coordinator.

Fixed that for you. :D

Ryan has a losing record as head coach.  46 (W) and 50 (L).

Not exactly a Canton-bound resume thus far. 

Pagano, in comparison, is 33 (W) and 15 (L). 

Dungy?  85 (W) 27 (L) in Indy.  Overall 139 (W) and 69 (L).  .668 winning %.

Ryan has a losing record as head coach.  46 (W) and 50 (L).

Dungy?  85 (W) 27 (L) in Indy.  Overall 139 (W) and 69 (L).  .668 winning %.

you can make a strong case Dungy was the second best coach of his era. If not he was top five of his era.

you can make a strong case Dungy was the second best coach of his era. If not he was top five of his era.

Absolutely agree.  Dungy won Super Bowls as both a player (with the Steelers) and a coach.

He was the first African-American head coach to win a Super Bowl.  He was the first coach to defeat all 32 NFL teams.

He also set a league record for consecutive playoff appearances by a coach in 2008, with 10.  And for some to complain that he was too "meek" is just absolutely mind-boggling to me (no offense to those folks).

Players loved playing for him and he got results.  I think those are pretty important/relevant traits for a coach in the NFL.

Ryan has a losing record as head coach. 46 (W) and 50 (L).

Dungy? 85 (W) 27 (L) in Indy. Overall 139 (W) and 69 (L). .668 winning %.

Rex fatal flaw was to never seriously address QB. The parts are there

You could say "taken to the woodshed, spanked, etc...", but I think the coach summed it up.  Having read articles about the Pats coming in here mad, I can only say bring it.  If the difference in the off season acquisitions/losses don't favor the Colts, I'd be surprised.  I keep saying I see the DB's in that game for the Pats puffing and panting in the second half.  Take it to 'em guys.

For that to happen Luck has to get time to throw and Billy Boy always seems to find a way to put pressure on our QB. Hopefully with Gore as a legit run threat we can make some damage on the ground and then hit em over the top.

Dungy had Great Hall of Famers Sapp, Derek Brooks and John Lynch that made him look like a top defensive coach.

He was a better leader of men than anything.

You could use this logic with basically any head coach in any sport that has had a level of success.

Phil Jackson had MJ, Pippen then Kobe and Shaq.

Jimmy Johnson had Aikman, Smith and Irvin.

We can say that coaches have had players that contribute to their own success but lets not be naive and think that these players do it all by themselves. Coaching and all that it entails has a lot to do with the success teams have.

You could use this logic with basically any head coach in any sport that has had a level of success.

Phil Jackson had MJ, Pippen then Kobe and Shaq.

Jimmy Johnson had Aikman, Smith and Irvin.

We can say that coaches have had players that contribute to their own success but lets not be naive and think that these players do it all by themselves. Coaching and all that it entails has a lot to do with the success teams have.

And to add to that point....who's to say that it wasn't the coaching they received that helped those elite players reach the elite level that they did?

BB didn't really fail in Cleveland. He did pretty well considering the roster, lack of QB and the owner.

With the owner I agree but he did have Kosar didn't he? He wasn't a bad option for the times to have. He wasn't the BB we see now for sure. My point was BB is seen as the daddy of all great coaches right now and he has plenty of experience. Pagans, while he does crap that makes you scratch your head, is a young head coach trying to put it all together. I'm hopeful that he will and be a Colt for a long time with success. He has all the tools to be able to succeed here. Solid owner, franchise Qb, several solid pieces sprinkled in and a football town now.

With the owner I agree but he did have Kosar didn't he? He wasn't a bad option for the times to have. He wasn't the BB we see now for sure. My point was BB is seen as the daddy of all great coaches right now and he has plenty of experience. Pagans, while he does crap that makes you scratch your head, is a young head coach trying to put it all together. I'm hopeful that he will and be a Colt for a long time with success. He has all the tools to be able to succeed here. Solid owner, franchise Qb, several solid pieces sprinkled in and a football town now.

Kosar had a bum arm and BB released him midseason.

I can't say I'm really impressed by pagano as coach. It's hard to judge from the outside, but he seems to nothing more than a middling coach.

Kosar had a bum arm and BB released him midseason.

I can't say I'm really impressed by pagano as coach. It's hard to judge from the outside, but he seems to nothing more than a middling coach.

Yep.....absolutely the truth.

At least Irsay/Grigson have him paying attention to the D while Chud and Pep handle the O....kinda seems like Coach Chuck is Head Coach in title only.

I think not having a healthy Art Jones really hurt us in the AFCC. I think he was out during the regular season game. He himself said he wasn't right physically most of last season. If he stays healthy, and the D can gel, I think we fare much better against the run this season. Not to mention the offense. A powerful, balanced offense makes the D better bc they aren't on the field as much. As for the Pats, don't forget they lost a lot of talent on D. They will be tough as always though. Their running game relies on a lot of pulling and gap assignments. It's all about their offensive line. That's why Jonas freaking Gray had 200+ yards on us. The D coaches have to figure out and counter their run scheme. For the most part, taking out New England...the Colts were decent against the run (15th I think without the NE games skewing the rankings)

Yep.....absolutely the truth.

At least Irsay/Grigson have him paying attention to the D while Chud and Pep handle the O....kinda seems like Coach Chuck is Head Coach in title only.

Wow......   just,  Wow!                :facepalm:

I guess when there are 20,000 fans on a website,  there are always going to be some that write posts like this......

I don't pretend to understand where it comes from,  but it's right there in black and white,  post after post......

I don't know if you'll be able to enjoy this season,  but I sure hope so......

Good luck......