Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nothing more satisfying than settling the Colts with a loss

krunk

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Needless to say, the repeated references to the Colts in the Hall of Fame speeches didn't fly under the radar:

Between Kraft and Belichick's speeches.. a lot of dirt shoveled on top of the Colts organization today.
— Mike Loyko (@NEPD_Loyko)

Jonathan Kraft and now Robert Kraft BOTH making shots at the
during their
speech.
— Mike Grinnell (@ESPNGrinnell)

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2015/08/06/new-england-patriots-robert-kraft-nothing-more-satisfying-than-settling-indianapolis-colts--loss/31246607/

Jeesh I just can't wait for this game.  I just want to stick it to these dudes so bad

Of course they mentioned Colts. What would you expect, that they talk about all the times that they beat crappy football teams, or when they get a tough win over a really good football team? 

For those that don't want to waste your precious time to read the link here's a summary.

Kraft:  Remember that time in 20xx when we cheated and beat the Colts.  That was very satisfying.

BB:  Remember that other time in 20xx when we cheated and beat the Colts.  Good times.

But in the spirit of the Pats HOF I will recall my McGinest Moment.

Remember when the pats were out of timeouts and the Colts were marching down the field to win the game and McGinest faked an injury to stop the clock and allowed the Pats to substitute players.  That was hall of fame acting there.

How is recalling great McGinnest moments "taking a shot" at the Colts"? Did the events happen or not?

If all of McGinnest's great moments were against a single team, he would not be entering the HOF.  Calling out one team in the midst of all this ridiculousness is a momentary lapse in Kraft's usually-classy judgement.  This was a shot at a team that made him salty, and you know it. 

I cannot wait for this mess to go away.  There is enough shadiness on the part of the Pats to where I firmly believe they circumvented the rules to a degree.  I also think the league has made a complete mess of everything in this investigation too.  There is enough ignorance on both sides to last a lifetime - enough already.  This nonsense from Kraft's just further fuels the ignorance.

I honestly want Brady's suspension overturned and for him to miss no time because I want there to be no excuses for when they play in October.  

I cannot wait for this mess to go away. There is enough shadiness on the part of the Pats to where I firmly believe they circumvented the rules to a degree. I also think the league has made a complete mess of everything in this investigation too. There is enough ignorance on both sides to last a lifetime - enough already. This nonsense from Kraft's just further fuels the ignorance.

I honestly want Brady's suspension overturned and for him to miss no time because I want there to be no excuses for when they play in October.

I couldn't agree more. Such a waste of calories reading about this, for me.

If all of McGinnest's great moments were against a single team, he would not be entering the HOF.  Calling out one team in the midst of all this ridiculousness is a momentary lapse in Kraft's usually-classy judgement.  This was a shot at a team that made him salty, and you know it. 

+1

I cannot wait for this mess to go away.  There is enough shadiness on the part of the Pats to where I firmly believe they circumvented the rules to a degree.  I also think the league has made a complete mess of everything in this investigation too.  There is enough ignorance on both sides to last a lifetime - enough already.  This nonsense from Kraft's just further fuels the ignorance.

Now, I agree with you more than any other poster on the forum (much to your dismay I'm sure) but I don't understand this line of thinking.  I don't understand the thought that sweeping the whole situation under the rug is somehow beneficial for anyone other than the Pats.

I understand if you personally don't want to read anything more about it.  But the Pats cheated, now matter how the league messed up the investigation the former is still true and sweeping it under the rug won't change that, plus it's fun to poke the Pats fans on here once in a while.

Of course they mentioned Colts. What would you expect, that they talk about all the times that they beat crappy football teams, or when they get a tough win over a really good football team? 

It's not just any talk, it's trashing the Colts and the Organization.  I'm just excited for the game in general,  I hate that team!

you pretty much said why this will never go away. No matter what the judge says Pats fans are never going to admit they cheated and Colts fans will never admit they didn't. It's the new Manning vs.Brady debate here just only a lot more heated.

Extremely non-professional and unwarranted comments from the Patriots given the gauntlet laid down by their organization over the last 8 months or so.

Please take note, Indianapolis. You wanted fuel for the fire in October? Here it is in black and white. Do not forget.

Except that the Patriots didn't cheat. Keep drinking that ESPN Kool Aid.

I don't get on the cheating bandwagon much, but I do believe Mcguinest faked his injury during that game.  I was watching his commentary about it on NFL Network and he spoke on how they were aware Peyton liked to snap the ball reall fast during substitutions.  He claims he just so happened to get injured during that point, but then directly after that he starts talking about "situational football" with a smirk on his face.  What does that have to do with the fact he got injured?

To me he's basically saying yeah I faked the injury as a part of  our "situational football" game planning.  In other words they game planned for that type of situation in a tight game in the 4th quarter.  Everybody knows Bellichick plans for every kind of imaginable situation in a football game.  I don't doubt at all that Mcquinest was coached to fake the injury.  It's really no way for somebody to get caught if they do fake it.  

Extremely non-professional and unwarranted comments from the Patriots given the gauntlet laid down by their organization over the last 8 months or so.

Please take note, Indianapolis. You wanted fuel for the fire in October? Here it is in black and white. Do not forget.

fully agree with the top part but if they need this to get them fired up in October the Colts aren't doing something right.

Now, I agree with you more than any other poster on the forum (much to your dismay I'm sure) but I don't understand this line of thinking.  I don't understand the thought that sweeping the whole situation under the rug is somehow beneficial for anyone other than the Pats.

I understand if you personally don't want to read anything more about it.  But the Pats cheated, now matter how the league messed up the investigation the former is still true and sweeping it under the rug won't change that, plus it's fun to poke the Pats fans on here once in a while.

My personal opinion more than anything.  I am not suggesting they sweep it under the rug but it seems to me that investigation and collection of data was handled so poorly that any chance of definitively tying Brady and the Pats to wrongdoing is probably long gone.  

I do agree completely with tweaking Pats fans from time to time.  That is good fun.

I don't get on the cheating bandwagon much, but I do believe Mcguinest faked his injury during that game.  I was watching his commentary about it on NFL Network and he spoke on how they were aware Peyton liked to snap the ball reall fast during substitutions.  He claims he just so happened to get injured during that point, but then directly after that he starts talking about "situational football" with a smirk on his face.  What does that have to do with the fact he got injured?

To me he's basically saying yeah I faked the injury as a part of  our "situational football" game planning.  In other words they game planned for that type of situation in a tight game in the 4th quarter.  Everybody knows Bellichick plans for every kind of imaginable situation in a football game.  I don't doubt at all that Mcquinest was coached to fake the injury.  It's really no way for somebody to get caught if they do fake it.  

yeah remember him sprinting all the way to the other end of the field after that play

Exactly...lets not fool ourselves...several of those wins against Colt teams were like winning the SB. It was like when we beat NE in 06. The SB was almost a let down because we were favored to win so easily. It was a mere formality. Beating us in some of those big games was quite an accomplishment. You still have to play the game to win it all but playing us was THE game of the year. The SB was almost the undercard event. That is a compliment....and McGinnest was an all-time great....nothing to be ashamed of to lose to those teams. Like losing to the Bulls in the 90s...they were a GREAT football team....historical.

I can't view the content of the article. Can anyone copy and paste it here?

According to MassLive's Kevin Dillon, team owner Robert Kraft reminisced about his favorite Willie McGinest moments (with the former Patriots linebacker being inducted), and games against Indianapolis were prominent among them:

Some of my favorite, most memorable McGinest moments came in regular season clashes against the Colts. In the 2004 season-opener, he preserved a three-point win in the final seconds with a 12-yard sack on Peyton Manning, turning a chip shot, game-tying field goal into 48-yard miss by Mike Vanderjagt. Arguably his most iconic moment came in a game at Indy in 2003, when he stopped Edgerrin James at the goal line in the last seconds.

... As a pass rusher, he had the speed to wreak havoc on a quarterback. Just ask our good friend Peyton Manning.

And Kraft didn't stop there:

During Willie's career, there was nothing more satisfying than settling the Colts with a loss — something the Patriots did 16 times in 21 attempts during Willie's 12 seasons with the Patriots.

Kraft wasn't the only one to mention the Colts. Patriots coach Bill Belichick did as well:

Of course, there was the Indianapolis game. We all know the story of that game — the goal line stand, the fourth-and-one, McGinest comes in there and makes the play ...We come into the locker room and I kind of talked to the team after the game and the last thing I told them was, 'Look fellas. It's the Colts. Great win, really enjoy this one but this is a good football team and we are probably going to see these guys again.' And in the back of the room there, I heard Willie say, 'Yeah, but the next time it will be in Foxborough.'

Although it won't be the end of the world if the pats beat us but after all the smack talk by the patriots organization and from their fans and from Brady himself calling it "sour grapes" it would still be pretty disappointing if we lose to them after all this. If the team isn't fired up for week 6, I'm not sure if they will ever be fired up.

Why did Kraft agree to the fines and loss of picks then?  Why was Brady suspended?

Because he thought that it would basically be quid pro quo. I accept these fines, you drop the allegations and suspension on my boy, kind of an "I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine type" situation. He said he had the league's and owners' best interests in mind, but in reality, he just wanted Brady's suspension overturned. Can't blame him for trying, you'd think $1,000,000 would be enough to buy something like that.

But Goodell's being bullish at this point, and having Brady sit out 4 games is laughable, to me anyways. I know most people here are enjoying this whole debacle in New England, but it's gotten to be ridiculous.