Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Justin Blackmons career likely over

Colts_Fan12

I hope his career isn't over, but when the Jags took 3 WRs in last year's draft plus add Thomas at TE this offseason it became pretty clear they were moving on w/o him. Hopefully he does get reinstated & has his life in order so he can get a fresh start elsewhere.

Even if he does get reinstated after showing he's over his issues it's got to be tough come back into the NFL after so long out, especially as he's only really ever had one season. There seems to be a rolling supply train right now of decent WRs coming out of college, is he really worth the headache?

I really hope his career isn't over. I say this a bunch and sometimes take heat for it, but it just takes some kids longer to grow up and figure things out than it does others. I hate to see his career end over some silly stuff like this. But at the same time I think the NFL needs to loosen up on some of its drug testing policies. Honestly I'd say around 75% of players in the league probably use some type of illegal substance. Just only a certain percentage gets caught.

Even if he does get reinstated after showing he's over his issues it's got to be tough come back into the NFL after so long out, especially as he's only really ever had one season. There seems to be a rolling supply train right now of decent WRs coming out of college, is he really worth the headache?

He had 865 yards and 5 TD's with Blaine Gabbert and then Chad Henne throwing to him in 2012 and also 415 yards through 4 games in 2013....I'd say yes with some form of stipulations/incentives in his contract

Blackmon just needs a new scenery.  I still think he'll play in the NFL.

I think Dallas would be a good fit for him due to his relationship with Dez. Arizona took a chance on Mathieu cause of his relationship with Peterson & he hasn't had any issues. Maybe it can also work with Blackmon & Dez.

I think Dallas would be a good fit for him due to his relationship with Dez. Arizona took a chance on Mathieu cause of his relationship with Peterson & he hasn't had any issues. Maybe it can also work with Blackmon & Dez.

Yeah, I don't know about that one. Peterson strikes me as far more mature than Dez.

Yeah, I don't know about that one. Peterson strikes me as far more mature than Dez.

But after the incident Dez had with his mom prior to the 2012 season, he's been a model citizen since. He's now become the heart & soul of the Cowboys.

Great player, not a bad guy, just maybe not the mentoring type is all I'm saying.

Fair enough. I just believe since they were former teammates in college Dez could get through to him & keep him on the straight path if Blackmon were to end up in Dallas.

I don't think he's done just yet. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he proved me wrong, though.

In fact, a team like the Cardinals with a strong head coaching and locker room presence may help him. Cardinals do have a need at wide out following Michael Floyd's injury.