Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts believe Phillip Dorsett will be a superstar

TKnight24

Dustin put in a ton of work in the draft and he was very accurate. Even though I disagree with him sometimes, he is extremely good at what he does and has earned the respect of people on this forum, me included. I haven't seen you contribute anything to the draft and I doubt Dustin or the sports writers care if you respect them, especially when you put in 0 work at all. Even I showed some effort with my posts and mocks. So maybe you should show some respect to people who put in work, you may learn something. Unless you are just a mindless sheep that is a yes man to Grigson's decisions. I loved Dorsett, but it was from watching hours of tape, not because I just go with the flow.

guessing a few picks and making mock drafts is just for fun.  it has no value.  its like making a power ranking

will he admit to being wrong if dorsett works out well for us? 

i didnt like the werner pick when it was made, but i dont pretend to be smarter than the GM like some people do

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guessing a few picks and making mock drafts is just for fun.  it has no value.  its like making a power ranking

He does much more then make mock drafts and predict where players may go. He breaks down film based on studying film and numerous info out there explaining what scouts/gm's/coaches look for on film on a prospect http://forums.colts.com/topic/37501-scouting-report-final-hub-post-all-48-write-ups-updated-13042015/

I watch a lot of film as well but don't have the patience he apparently he does to type out things like you see in this link (if you look)

He and I don't always agree (Particularly about Shane Ray) but I respect his work alot

Remember that one time when Payton had a good defense and we won the Superbowl?  I am hoping that 11 rated defense with some holes fixed and an even better offense makes for a similar result...  several times in a row :)

Ha, awesome...

I read the first sentence of this post in a Chris Farley voice, a la, the Chris Farley Show skits...

Awesome...

Miss that dude, he made me laugh often...

I have no doubt that the Colts would have taken Perriman if he hadn't gone before us. Just call it a hunch. But I think they liked him. 

You may be right. I didn't see the Colts draft board and tried to avoid it as much as possible to be surprised on draft day. I think Perriman is fast like Dorsett but has butterfinger hands. That's why I didn't want him. I honestly think for choosing a WR, we got the right one. Time will tell. I know you like Tyler Lockett as do I (check my draft against Grigson's, I have Lockett), but I think Dorsett will be the best WR in the draft. Year 1 maybe not, but he'll be the no2 next year.

I've said it before. I think a lot of the forum members were more upset with the pick not the player. Don't think anyone here hates Dorsett, just didn't feel it was that urgent of a need

But this could work in our favor, you can never have too many weapons and with the 2 teams we face in the first 2 weeks of the regular season, we're gonna need to have all the weapons we can get

Eventually it won't if he does. Paying him and TY both could hurt.

Let me ask this......     are you not a fan of BPA or do you just think that Dorsett wasn't BPA?     Those are different issues.

I'm a fan of BPA when it represents the best value. There are positions that are inherently more important than others. Dorsett doesn't represent good value, because he's not so much better than the other options picked after him (Tyler Lockett and Devin Smith for example), that it's worth taking a low value position (especially at a position you don't need and have shown competence at drafting in the middle rounds) over ones that are inherently more important (pass rusher, interior d-line, cornerback, linebacker, ect...)

Ex. If I gave you two choices (A) You could have Demaryius Thomas and some random league average ILB or (B) Randall Cobb and CJ Mosely. 

I think we'd both agree that Thomas is better than Cobb (and even if we don't let's assume for the sake of argument he is). Taking A over B would give you an upgrade at the WR position. You'd be getting a top 5 WR. But, if you took B, you'd still be getting a good WR, probably a top 10 guy, but you'd also be getting an great ILB to bolster your defense.

A. Is what Grigson did. And I don't agree that that is the best philosophy for building a team. 

All that being said, I don't think Dorsett was the BPA either. 

You may be right. I didn't see the Colts draft board and tried to avoid it as much as possible to be surprised on draft day. I think Perriman is fast like Dorsett but has butterfinger hands. That's why I didn't want him. I honestly think for choosing a WR, we got the right one. Time will tell. I know you like Tyler Lockett as do I (check my draft against Grigson's, I have Lockett), but I think Dorsett will be the best WR in the draft. Year 1 maybe not, but he'll be the no2 next year.

Amari Cooper > all. We will see.

Unless I'm thinking of someone else, I thought Perriman was more similar to Dorsett with bad hands.

Perriman has similar size and speed to Moncrief. Dorsett I see more as a dominant slot WR who can be like Antonio Brown if he learns the whole route tree.

Perriman has similar size and speed to Moncrief. Dorsett I see more as a dominant slot WR who can be like Antonio Brown if he learns the whole route tree.

Definitely agree on the Dorsett/Brown comparision. I'll take a closer look at Perriman next time he practices. I think he's out with an injury right now. The size makes sense, I thought he had Dorsett speed, I may be wrong.

Definitely agree on the Dorsett/Brown comparision. I'll take a closer look at Perriman next time he practices. I think he's out with an injury right now. The size makes sense, I thought he had Dorsett speed, I may be wrong.

He's really fast. I liked him better than most (i still don't think he was a first round guy), I don't think I did a write-up on him, but my comp. on my initial watching was Torrey Smith, which makes him a pretty good fit in Baltimore. 

I'm a fan of BPA when it represents the best value. There are positions that are inherently more important than others. Dorsett doesn't represent good value, because he's not so much better than the other options picked after him (Tyler Lockett and Devin Smith for example), that it's worth taking a low value position (especially at a position you don't need and have shown competence at drafting in the middle rounds) over ones that are inherently more important (pass rusher, interior d-line, cornerback, linebacker, ect...)

Ex. If I gave you two choices (A) You could have Demaryius Thomas and some random league average ILB or (B) Randall Cobb and Bobby Wagner.

I think we'd both agree that Thomas is better than Cobb (and even if we don't let's assume for the sake of argument he is). Taking A over B would give you an upgrade at the WR position. You'd be getting a top 5 WR. But, if you took B, you'd still be getting a good WR, probably a top 10 guy, but you'd also be getting an great ILB to bolster your defense.

A. Is what Grigson did. And I don't agree that that is the best philosophy or building a team.

All that being said, I don't think Dorsett was the BPA either.

perfect explanation right here any sensible person would rather have Cobb and Mosley you would think but I'm not so sure about some here

Amari Cooper > all. We will see.

I said Dorsett was going to be the top receiver in the draft when he was still perceived as a 3rd round pick. He's done well so far working his way to the first round, ironically getting drafted to Indy, and doing well in training camp. Cooper is a beast with incredible route running and a great attitude. He is probably a bit more talented and has the starting job, so we will see.

Colts believe in Santa Claus too! That frail body has no longevity in it. A couple of good NFL type hits and tackles and the kid will be history. Drafting him over OL or DL was a mistake that was not necessary.

5'10" - 185lbs .... that's your sisters size. I guess she could play in the NFL too? We all know how this story will end but we still go there with blinders.

Have you ever heard of TY Hilton, Antonio Brown, or Desean Jackson? Hint: One of them is a Colt.

He's really fast. I liked him better than most (i still don't think he was a first round guy), I don't think I did a write-up on him, but my comp. on my initial watching was Torrey Smith, which makes him a pretty good fit in Baltimore. 

Torrey Smith is a solid comparision as well. If you can't catch the ball though, you're a liability. Heyward-Bey proved it, and there will be plenty more that do as well. Dorsett had trouble catching the ball early in college, but he seemed to fix it. As long as it's relatively rare now, I don't have a problem with him. I see him as an extremely safe pick. He won't bust, but he may not be a no1 WR either. We'll see. Perriman I see as a bust that will on a different team in 2 years.

Have you ever heard of TY Hilton, Antonio Brown, or Desean Jackson? Hint: One of them is a Colt.

There you go twisting the meaning of the post. Who said anything about them? If you want to compare size, then go ahead. My point was about longevity and injury risk vs drafting a real need.    

Edited by Superman

There you go twisting the meaning of the post. You must drive your husband crazy! Who said anything about them? If you want to compare size, then go ahead. My point was about longevity and injury risk vs drafting a real need.

I'm not twisting anything. I'm responding to your exact erroneous complaint, again.

Edited by Superman

There you go twisting the meaning of the post.  Who said anything about them? If you want to compare size, then go ahead. My point was about longevity and injury risk vs drafting a real need.    

Do you have any data that shows that smaller wide receivers get injured more often or miss more games? Because that's the first I've heard of this notion. 

I really like this kid. If Moncrief beats him out for the third spot, I think he can be a impact returner. Is he practicing at returner anyone?

Moncrief is not going to beat Dorsett out for the 3rd spot. The team may have some special sets to get Moncrief involved, but I would imagine that Dorsett will ultimately see more snaps than Moncrief. 

Posted · Hidden by Superman, August 6, 2015 - off topic bickering
Hidden by Superman, August 6, 2015 - off topic bickering

I'm not twisting anything. I'm responding to your exact erroneous complaint, again.

And nice insults, it's funny how you get on me about an innocent joke aimed at nobody and then turn around and call me a woman and make fun of a previous posters supposed overweight sister.

Who called you a woman? I did no such thing. And who said that sister was overweight .... you did. I just said she was the size of Dorsett who is small.

Who called you a woman? I did no such thing. And who said that sister was overweight .... you did. I just said she was the size of Dorsett who is small.

Ok, I'm not a woman. I'm a gay man. Got it. I'm glad that's cleared up. Hypocrite.

Small???

Bwahahahaha...

In Boxing he'd be like a light heavy weight or something!!!

Bwahahahaha,

Tell your sis to lay off the Twinkies...

Bwahahahaha...

There you go, making assumptions again. I see you like to dish it out but are not too keen on taking!

lmao, assumptions? Yes, I assume when you suggest I'm married to a man you are calling me either gay or a woman. What a leap I've made.

And I have no problem with your 3rd grade level name calling. Your insecurities are your own issue. I'm just pointing out your laughable hypocrisy.

I don't know Mr. Leaf In THe Wind, seems like you are off your game. I tell you what, why don't we just call a truce and start over? You show a little more respect for my posts and I will do the same for yours.

I don't know Mr. Leaf In THe Wind, seems like you are off your game. I tell you what, why don't we just call a truce and start over? You show a little more respect for my posts and I will do the same for yours.

Sure, stop saying boneheaded stuff and we'll be fine.