Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts believe Phillip Dorsett will be a superstar

TKnight24

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also believe he will be a superstar. As mad as I was when we picked a WR instead of a D-Lineman or another area of need I absolutely love Dorsett.

I've said it before. I think a lot of the forum members were more upset with the pick not the player. Don't think anyone here hates Dorsett, just didn't feel it was that urgent of a need

But this could work in our favor, you can never have too many weapons and with the 2 teams we face in the first 2 weeks of the regular season, we're gonna need to have all the weapons we can get

I've said it before. I think a lot of the forum members were more upset with the pick not the player. Don't think anyone here hates Dorsett, just didn't feel it was that urgent of a need

But this could work in our favor, you can never have too many weapons and with the 2 teams we face in the first 2 weeks of the regular season, we're gonna need to have all the weapons we can get

I never understood the outrage about the pick. Were they really supposed to pick Landon Collins when a guy like Dorsett just fell into Grigson's lap at #29?

I never understood the outrage about the pick. Were they really supposed to pick Landon Collins when a guy like Dorsett just fell into Grigson's lap at #29?

Most of the mock drafts and fans here wanted Collins or Brown if they were there. But with the Geathers pick...... maybe we don't need Collins

Problem with the Colts in the losses was teams just took away Hilton and no one else stepped up last season. Now with Dorsett, Johnson, Gore & others those problems shouldn't occur anymore. But defense was the glaring problem heading into the draft and we went offense first

I don't mind the pick now cause it's really Dorsett's opportunity to blow. He's in the best situation a rookie WR could be in. Playoff contender team, all-star QB, vet WR'S to learn from, and one of the easiest divisions in the NFL

It's almost as if he can't fail

I feel like dorsett WAS the best option for DEFENSE.  He makes us stronger on offense, which will allow us to score quickly, and gain a lead.  which will allow the defense to pin their ears back and get after the QB and not have to worry about the run D as much. It will give more opportunities to make more plays on D since it will give our DBs some chances at interceptions. 

Backwards logic I know. but getting a fantastic run stopper in the middle of the Defensive line doesn't help us score points... :)

I feel like dorsett WAS the best option for DEFENSE. He makes us stronger on offense, which will allow us to score quickly, and gain a lead. which will allow the defense to pin their ears back and get after the QB and not have to worry about the run D as much. It will give more opportunities to make more plays on D since it will give our DBs some chances at interceptions.

Backwards logic I know. but getting a fantastic run stopper in the middle of the Defensive line doesn't help us score points... :)

Your post makes sense but here's the problem..... now you're pegging us as the offense from the Peyton Era. Remember they thought the same, build the offense to just outscore people

That didn't work against teams like the Chargers, Steelers, & Patriots

Nothing wrong with having a high powered offense, but you better have a good defense to keep getting them the ball when they meet a team that can contain the offense

Colts were the #11 ranked defense last year so I believe we have the talent to be in the top 10. People just don't acknowledge that cause all they look at are the Pats losses and Steelers losses and say the defense stinks

Your post makes sense but here's the problem..... now you're pegging us as the offense from the Peyton Era. Remember they thought the same, build the offense to just outscore people

Nothing wrong with having a high powered offense, but you better have a good defense to keep getting them the ball when they meet a team that can contain the offense

Colts were the #11 ranked defense last year so I believe we have the talent to be in the top 10. People just don't acknowledge that cause all they look at are the Pats losses and Steelers losses and say the defense stinks

Remember that one time when Payton had a good defense and we won the Superbowl?  I am hoping that 11 rated defense with some holes fixed and an even better offense makes for a similar result...  several times in a row :) 

i hate to bring this up, since i normally hate this argument, but that had a lot to do with playing 4 games against the jags and titans

edit- the bengals game helped a lot too, they were really lacking in healthy talent when they played us.

the even half decent offences, made our d look middle of the pack or worse

People don't acknowledge it because they were 19th in PPG and gave up an average of 31 PPG outside the division. 

Yeah your right. I should have pointed out it was the pick that got me mad, not Dorsett himself. But yeah man we could have an unstoppable receiving corps for many years to come. I cant wait to see Dorsett and Hilton on the field together. Teams are going to have a really hard time defending the pass against us.

I guess we will find out how good the pick was this season.

I get he was a first round pick. He has played very well so far in camp.

I guess I'm the only one who isn't about all the hype he is getting. I think he can be good but people are already acting like he is T.Y. Hilton.

I think expectations are a little to high.

I personally had a meltdown with the pick, but in hindsight it's going to be fun to watch

opposing defenses try to stymie our loaded receiver mismatches.

If the run game can keep em' honest, then it's going to be a lot of fun watching Luck 

and company pick apart defenses,

my only concern is against smash mouth/ ball control teams that will keep our offense

on the sideline and out of rhythm.

People don't acknowledge it because they were 19th in PPG and gave up an average of 31 PPG outside the division. 

should i go by your expert opnion instead? seriously you might as well become a scout if you're that good

Scoring fast isn't necessarily that good of a thing either. They need to eat clock and give the D a rest, while keeping the other team's offense off the field. Enter Frank Gore.

I think after a few weeks into the regular season, this kid's jersey is going to be flying off the shelves.

I have no doubt that he'll put up good numbers when he gets the majority of the snaps. The question becomes will he produce so much better than WRs taken later in the draft to justify using our premium pick on him. 

I have no doubt that he'll put up good numbers when he gets the majority of the snaps. The question becomes will he produce so much better than WRs taken later in the draft to justify using our premium pick on him. 

The Colts have a lot of mouths to feed on offense, so I wouldn't anticipate TY Hilton type production right out of the gate.

So the guy is tearing up TC and he's a bad pick? 

No, it was a bad pick because it wasn't the best value. Draft picks are all about maximizing value. 

You can't even give the guy a chance? 

I don't know you think i'm not giving him a chance. I'm sure he's a fine player. 

I feel like dorsett WAS the best option for DEFENSE.  He makes us stronger on offense, which will allow us to score quickly, and gain a lead.  which will allow the defense to pin their ears back and get after the QB and not have to worry about the run D as much. It will give more opportunities to make more plays on D since it will give our DBs some chances at interceptions. 

Plus, Dorsett will have a much bigger impact than taking Brown or Collins would have. We can always draft for a D-lineman and safety next year. But there might not be a Dorsett type player next year. Take them when you can get them.

I personally had a meltdown with the pick, but in hindsight it's going to be fun to watch

opposing defenses try to stymie our loaded receiver mismatches.

If the run game can keep em' honest, then it's going to be a lot of fun watching Luck 

and company pick apart defenses,

my only concern is against smash mouth/ ball control teams that will keep our offense

on the sideline and out of rhythm.

I had a mixed opinion about it. I loved the player and will admit I only liked the pick because it was specifically Dorsett, who was my man crush pick at the time. If it was Breshad Perriman (WR who the Ravens took before us), Devin Smith, or Jaelen Strong, I would have been furious.

not impressed.  i dont have a lot of respect for sports writers but dustin is some random guy on a forum

Dustin put in a ton of work in the draft and he was very accurate. Even though I disagree with him sometimes, he is extremely good at what he does and has earned the respect of people on this forum, me included. I haven't seen you contribute anything to the draft and I doubt Dustin or the sports writers care if you respect them, especially when you put in 0 work at all. Even I showed some effort with my posts and mocks. So maybe you should show some respect to people who put in work, you may learn something. Unless you are just a mindless sheep that is a yes man to Grigson's decisions. I loved Dorsett, but it was from watching hours of tape, not because I just go with the flow.

I had a mixed opinion about it. I loved the player and will admit I only liked the pick because it was specifically Dorsett, who was my man crush pick at the time. If it was Breshad Perriman (WR who the Ravens took before us), Devin Smith, or Jaelen Strong, I would have been furious.

I have no doubt that the Colts would have taken Perriman if he hadn't gone before us. Just call it a hunch. But I think they liked him. 

Of course it wasn't.  Unless of course you judge drafts by how accurate they were to what ESPN projects.

Seriously?  

Dorsett was ranked in the teens on the Colts' board.   No other player available was close to him.    That's according to published reports that cited sources inside the Colts franchise.      And, no, I doubt I can find the link.   But I've been posting about it since roughly May.....     That was the same story that said Malcom Brown was a 2nd rounder on the Colts' board.

Grigson said BEFORE the draft that he'd take the BPA even if the player was at a position of strength if the player was ranked much higher than anyone else.     That's EXACTLY what happened.

Let me ask this......     are you not a fan of BPA or do you just think that Dorsett wasn't BPA?     Those are different issues.

EDIT NOTE:   For the record,  ESPN has been mostly critical of the pick.   They've mostly called it a "luxury" pick and wonder why the Colts didn't take either (A) an offensive lineman to help Luck or (B) a defensive player.       And for the record,  while I don't criticize the pick,  I've repeatedly said my pick would've been Goldman.