Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck #4 on QB countdown..

spartancolt

Rogers, Dink n dunk, Wilson, Luck then Manning.

Even though Brady is a 'system' QB see Matt Cassel, I still

put him 2nd only because he can handle pressure better

than anybody......maybe he would feel pressure if he was 

supposed to connect 20 yard plus passes. :76evil:

Agree with you on Brady..Not so much on Wilson..Where would Wilson be without Lynch and the read option? We will find out in a year or 2.

Russell Wilson is a more athletic Alex Smith. He doesn't belong in any top 5, and probably barely makes a top 10 list.

1.Rodgers

2. Brady

3. Luck

4.Manning

5. Roethlisberger

6.Drew Brees

7. Tony Romo

8. Matt Ryan

9. Rivers

10. Flaaco

Forgot about Flacco, he is better than most in your top ten. Manning may not be in the top 5-7

with Flaaco and Roethlisberger being pointed out.

Lol......how can the turnover machine be #1?

He does the most with the least. Last year the Colts had a below average running game, below average receiving group, below average pass protection, and maybe an average defense. Throw the "turnover machine" on one of those other teams and ask him to do what their QB does, and he'd be better than anyone in the NFL. Rodgers is the only possible exception, but even there I think Luck would do it better. 

He does the most with the least. Last year the Colts had a below average running game, below average receiving group, below average pass protection, and maybe an average defense. Throw the "turnover machine" on one of those other teams and ask him to do what their QB does, and he'd be better than anyone in the NFL. Rodgers is the only possible exception, but even there I think Luck would do it better.

Give me some of whatever you're smoking

Give me some of whatever you're smoking

Ok, well can you explain how the Colts made it to the AFC championship game? Was it cause of their 22nd ranked rushing attack? Their defense that gave up 369 points and 5483 yards? Their receiving group, who dropped by far the most passes in the NFL? Their offensive line, who used approximately 10,000 different combinations? Do you really think more than 2 or 3 QBs in the league could make it to a conference championship if they were starting for the Colts?

Ok, well can you explain how the Colts made it to the AFC championship game? Was it cause of their 22nd ranked rushing attack? Their defense that gave up 369 points and 5483 yards? Their receiving group, who dropped by far the most passes in the NFL? Their offensive line, who used approximately 10,000 different combinations? Do you really think more than 2 or 3 QBs in the league could make it to a conference championship if they were starting for the Colts?

Absolutely, Rodgers, Brady, and a healthy Manning could. The Colts benefitted from playing a depleted Bengals team and an injured Peyton Manning in the playoffs and then got destroyed when they played a real team.

Absolutely, Rodgers, Brady, and a healthy Manning could. The Colts benefitted from playing a depleted Bengals team and an injured Peyton Manning in the playoffs and then got destroyed when they played a real team.

Maybe they could. Maybe they couldn't. I tend to think they couldn't. Manning had more talent around him this year, yet lost to the Colts. I don't know if Brady has ever played on as talent depleted of a team as the Colts were in '14 or have been since '11. The offense was very talent depleted in his rookie year, but the defense was great. Bill Belichick has done too good job a with the roster.

So, in your mind, Wilson is better than Luck and Manning, and Flacco is better than Manning?

nick-cage-lol.gif

Judging by playoff success, yes. Luck may be better than all of them before it's all said and done.

Manning crumbles in playoffs and I would definitely take a host of QB's over him come playoff time.

Luck, Brady, Rogers, Wilson, Flacco and Rothelesburger to name a few.

Judging by playoff success, yes. Luck may be better than all of them before it's all said and done.

Manning crumbles in playoffs and I would definitely take a host of QB's over him come playoff time.

By your playoff success logic, Wilson is better than Rogers, and in fact, Rogers isn't even a top 5 QB. Your top 5 list should read, Brady, Big Ben, Eli, Peyton, and Wilson. 

Roethlisberger-30.2 passes per game playoffs

P Manning-38.9 passes per game playoffs

Brady-37.4 passes per game playoffs

Rodgers-32.2 passes per game playoffs

Wilson-25.2 passes per game playoffs

Flacco-29.8 passes per game playoffs

No doubt Manning struggles in the playoffs but he has been consistently asked to do a lot more because unlike the players on that list Manning has never really had a complete team in all phases of the game till Denver. 2 of Mannings 3 years in Denver he had a defense that was top 5 in defense yards allowed a game and all 3 years he has had an offense that's been no worse then 16th in rushing yards averaged a game and 2 other times 15th (which given that the QB is Peyton Manning and his teams throw a lot means 16th is not bad, Still in the top half of the league).......He threw an average 554.6 times a season as a Colt........613 as a Bronco...Which is more a product of the weapons around him then need to throw more I think (Speaking of Denver)

Roethlisberger-30.2 passes per game playoffs

P Manning-38.9 passes per game playoffs

Brady-37.4 passes per game playoffs

Rodgers-32.2 passes per game playoffs

Wilson-25.2 passes per game playoffs

Flacco-29.8 passes per game playoffs

No doubt Manning struggles in the playoffs but he has been consistently asked to do a lot more because unlike the players on that list Manning has never really had a complete team in all phases of the game till Denver. 2 of Mannings 3 years in Denver he had a defense that was top 5 in defense yards allowed a game and all 3 years he has had an offense that's been no worse then 16th in rushing yards averaged a game and 2 other times 15th (which given that the QB is Peyton Manning and his teams throw a lot means 16th is not bad, Still in the top half of the league).......He threw an average 554.6 times a season as a Colt........613 as a Bronco...Which is more a product of the weapons around him then need to throw more I think (Speaking of Denver)

Good post Gavin, your stats show that you need to run the ball effectively to win titles except for Brady

and his dink n dunk throwing style clouds these stats.

We all know Manning likes to throw the ball and I'm not sure if his teams have had no running game

or his pride checks into passing more than needed.  :dunno: