Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Langford and Jones = Leadership

IndyD4U

Nice little article about Langford and Jones stepping up and taking over leadership for the D. That was a concern for myself without Redding and not knowing where Mathis would be.

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Colts-DE-Langford-Already-Taking-Leadership-Role/436392a1-3417-4282-8018-a2f6a98e885d

Right.  Someone wrote that practice was a little quieter without Redding.  I was hoping someone would step up and be the vocal leader.

My hope for the season is that teams won't run on us by the second quarter because they'll be playing catch up.

Right.  Someone wrote that practice was a little quieter without Redding.  I was hoping someone would step up and be the vocal leader.

My hope for the season is that teams won't run on us by the second quarter because they'll be playing catch up.

Hopefully this isn't the reason teams don't run on us but it may be the case with the offensive firepower

we have. Opponents getting stuffed at the line and abandoning the run would be an ideal scenario. :thmup:  

This team should get it at least over the 50 every time with the weapons we have.  I would go into every game with and "Operation Steamroll" approach.  If I was coaching I would NEVER let up on the gas!!!!!!!!! :thmup:

Hopefully this isn't the reason teams don't run on us but it may be the case with the offensive firepower

we have. Opponents getting stuffed at the line and abandoning the run would be an ideal scenario. :thmup:  

Agreed.  I don't want us outscoring opponents the ONLY reason teams won't run on us.  But I want it to be one of the reasons.

I'll have to go back and see how many playoff games we lost in the high powered Manning era because our offense was shut down.  I realize that you can't 'outrun' the better teams.

"This isn’t our first rodeo." --Kendall Langford. 

I love that expression. It basically means that there is nothing you can throw at me that I haven't seen & know how to counteract or neutralize it. Experience matters & I'm glad he's playing for us. 

Quaries can be DOMINATE, but he could also be a self serving knucklehead that's out of the league after this camp. It really is all on him, he's not a boy that needs a mentor, he's a grown * man that needs to grow up..

23 isn't a grown * man

Quaries can be DOMINATE, but he could also be a self serving knucklehead that's out of the league after this camp. It really is all on him, he's not a boy that needs a mentor, he's a grown * man that needs to grow up..

Typically a young person who needs to grow up also needs a mentor to show him the way.   

That happens in sports....   and that happens in the Real World as well........

Just sayin.......