Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What Would Cleveland Give For The No.1

To the Colts:

- They would give Their 2 first round picks, Seneca Wallace, Joe Haden, and a 2nd round pick for 1st overall and our 4th round pick.

For the Rams:

- They would give 2 first round picks, Ron Bartell, Quinton Mikell, and a 3rd round pick for 1st overall and Montario Hardesty. Oh and what the heck, they'l give em Vince Ferragamo too :)

BC........We'd have to give them OUR No. 2 this year and No.1 next year..in the deal you outline...

.. our picks will be late rounders (hopefully)

Let me make sure that I am on the same page. In order for the Colts to trade the rights to the 2012, the Colts would get Cleveland's pick # 1 this year and its # 2 pick this year and the Colts would have to give up picks next year?

To the Colts:

- They would give Their 2 first round picks, Seneca Wallace, Joe Haden, and a 2nd round pick for 1st overall and our 4th round pick.

For the Rams:

- They would give 2 first round picks, Ron Bartell, Quinton Mikell, and a 3rd round pick for 1st overall and Montario Hardesty. Oh and what the heck, they'l give em Vince Ferragamo too :)

Why would the Colts want Seneca Wallace?

He's a very reliable backup, and a good starter. I wouldn't mind seeing him on the Colts. Plus, he's the most talented QB on that team, he's better than McCoy.

Sorry. I respectfully disagree that the Colts would want Wallace. To get the rights to the # 1 pick, the Colts will want multiple picks and starters in return. I have a hard time believing they will want a perennial back-up as part of the compensation.

Sorry. I respectfully disagree that the Colts would want Wallace. To get the rights to the # 1 pick, the Colts will want multiple picks and starters in return. I have a hard time believing they will want a perennial back-up as part of the compensation.

Yeah, I realized that Colt McCoy would be more valuable and better in return. :) My bad.

Let me make sure that I am on the same page. In order for the Colts to trade the rights to the 2012, the Colts would get Cleveland's pick # 1 this year and its # 2 pick this year and the Colts would have to give up picks next year?

The way I'm thinking...to get their 2 No. 1s....we'd have to swap No. 2s this year and

we'd have to give them our No. 1 next year (which will be hopefully a LOW lst rounder)

We're getting 2 for 1......now.....we've got to give up soemthing...

We;'d ned up with 3 of the top 50 picks this year..and

The way I'm thinking...to get their 2 No. 1s....we'd have to swap No. 2s this year and

we'd have to give them our No. 1 next year (which will be hopefully a LOW lst rounder)

This shows a complete lack of understanding of the value of the # 1 pick. If Indy gets the pick and decides to trade it, they will most certainly not be giving up a first round pick back to the Browns. Heck, I saw something on from a noted NFL writer in Howard Balzer who suggested the price tage to get Luck maybe up 6 first round draft picks.

This shows a complete lack of understanding of the value of the # 1 pick. If Indy gets the pick and decides to trade it, they will most certainly not be giving up a first round pick back to the Browns. Heck, I saw something on from a noted NFL writer in Howard Balzer who suggested the price tage to get Luck maybe up 6 first round draft picks.

I've never heard of Howard Balzer and if I ever see something written by him, I will discard it as nonsensical. Even Herschel Walker didn't bring that much and he was NFL proven. Like an earlier post indicated, we'd be lucky to get the Browns' two 1st rounders and 2nd rounder this year and a swap of our 1st and 2nd with their 1st and 2nd next year. Cleveland has set their franchise back about 10 years trying to acquire a great starting QB. They just can't get it right. If Luck was a bust and they made this trade, they'd be done for another 10 years.

I've never heard of Howard Balzer and if I ever see something written by him, I will discard it as nonsensical. Even Herschel Walker didn't bring that much and he was NFL proven. Like an earlier post indicated, we'd be lucky to get the Browns' two 1st rounders and 2nd rounder this year and a swap of our 1st and 2nd with their 1st and 2nd next year. Cleveland has set their franchise back about 10 years trying to acquire a great starting QB. They just can't get it right. If Luck was a bust and they made this trade, they'd be done for another 10 years.

Balzer used to be the main editor of Pro Football Weekly and now works for Lindy's. Whether you believe it or not, he is noted in the football media. I personally don't think 6 # 1's is realistic either and I only mentioned to counter the thought that the Colts would be giving up or swapping # 1 picks next year with the Browns. That is way too low a value for the rights to Luck.

You are so wrong, look up a trade value chart!!! How many times do I have to tell people to do this?

And I'm tired of linking one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://walterfootbal.../draftchart.php

Cleveland has two No.1 draft choices....and no QB who can lead them to the playoffs...

Be it the Colts..or the Rams...what would they be winlling to give up...?

...anybody?

Cleveland is not going to trade both first round picks for this draft.. they will most likely wait for Barkley next year and give McCoy at least 1 more year/chance to prove himself.

Cleveland is not going to trade both first round picks for this draft.. they will most likely wait for Barkley next year and give McCoy at least 1 more year/chance to prove himself.

if they are targeting barkley next year, they should trade one of their first three picks for a #1 next year (plus other picks). two #1's will give them something to trade for the first pick if they don't have the worst record.

You are so wrong, look up a trade value chart!!! How many times do I have to tell people to do this?

And I'm tired of linking one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://walterfootbal.../draftchart.php

That chart is helpful if there is only one team that wants to trade but, if there are two or more desperate teams competing (eg. Miami/Cleveland/Washington) then it basically becomes an auction; the highest bidder wins and that chart goes out-the-window.

I think people are really OVER VALUING the #1 overall pick. It's valuable, and more so than in the past, but you have to look at what previous trades have resulted in - you can't base it off the Oakland Raiders crazy giveaway for Carson Palmer and THEN increase that.

I think people are really OVER VALUING the #1 overall pick. It's valuable, and more so than in the past, but you have to look at what previous trades have resulted in - you can't base it off the Oakland Raiders crazy giveaway for Carson Palmer and THEN increase that.

and the only reason it is over valued is because it is in the colts favor. that's why i don't comment on any of the crazy mock drafts after a one sided trade for a pick the colts might not even have.

Browns fan here, been perusing this board regarding the draft. Lots of discussion amongst us Browns fan too on what we would be willing to give up. I think we are now in the #4 slot. I think a lot of us fan would probably be willing to give up a lot but not mortgage the draft. Someone posted they think its worth our first 4 picks plus Haden which will not happen. Thats 3 1st rd picks plus 2 additional high value picks to move up 3 slots. I can see us giving up say both our first this yr a 3rd and maybe a 2nd next yr. I think how Cleveland addresses the team needs in FA will be indicator on how willing to deal they will be. More aggressive, would tell me they will to trade picks to move up. If they dont fill some major holes in FA then I doubt they will trade up. Just my two cents.

what the heck??

what the heck??

Let me try again...my assumpitions was..that we'd be drafting 2nd

Now they we are drafting 1, not 2..

To get OUR No.1 overall..

Cleveland needs to give us their two No.1s....their No. 2

..and Colt McCoy to back up Manning..

If they want Andrew Luck..they dont need McCoy..and they'd still have their no.1 next season..

If they want Andrew Luck..they dont need McCoy..and they'd still have their no.1 next season..

i would want more than that

why would we want colt mccoy??

but look what the falcons gave up for julio jones. granted, not everyone is going to give up the farm, but it's a highly valuable position to be in.

Struture me a deal you'd take.....BLOOD-man..and the team you'd approach

too many possibilities...and i'm far too lazy for that. but i know one thing, i would want a proven player or players that could make an impact.

but look what the falcons gave up for julio jones. granted, not everyone is going to give up the farm, but it's a highly valuable position to be in.

Let's look at the value on this trade - let's for simplicity assume both Cleveland and Atlanta knew exactly where ATL would be drafting in 2012 and/or they discounted the picks to prepare for this risk.

Falcons get:

#6 pick - 1600

Cleveland gets:

Current Year: 1038

#27 - 680

#59 - 310

#124 - 48

Future Year: 1050

#25 - 720

#57 - 330

The current year values leave Cleveland needing 562 points to make the trade equivalent. However, they required 1050 to make the trade. Therefore we can assume a ~50% discount rate on picks 1 year in advance. I know that we should be looking at more than just this one selection and there are other factors.

Therefore, let's play this out -

Colts trade:

#1 - 3000 + 500 (Luck Premium?)

Cleveland Trades:

#4 - 1800

#25 - 720

#36 - 540

#57 - 330

Total Value: 3390 - so let's assume they want to keep pick #36

New Value 2850

Future Pick: #8 overall - 1400 (Discounted to 700)

Total Value: 3550

======

In Summary:

Colts give:

2012 - #1

Cleveland Gives:

2012 - #4

2012 - #25

2012 - #57

2013 - #1

Draft Value Chart: http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php