Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My Colts Mock Draft(Assuming We Trade With Cleveland)...

My colts mock draft.

Colts will trade the first overall pick to Cleveland for both their first round picks this year(4 and 25)and their second this year(36).We will also receive their first and second next year.(Total 5 picks)

I’m also assuming reggie is resigned.

R1-4.Dre Kirkpatrick-CB

R1-25.Mark Barron-S(If he’s gone,then Chase Minnifield or Stephen Gilmore)

R2-33.Dontari Poe-DT(We need a true nose tackle and I think we pick him here)

R2-36.Montee Ball-RB(Dwight Jones,if wayne isn’t resigned)I would be thrilled to draft ball here!He’s the steal of the draft!Yes,I would cut either brown or addai for him.

R3.Chase Minnifield-CB(Either him or Stephen Gilmore)

R4.Kirk Cousins-QB(The perfect choice for our franchise and has a colt type personality)

R5.Joe Adams-WR/KR/PR(could be a special player,but will give us a homerun ST’S weapon)

R5.Malik Jackson-DE(Session comp pick)

R6.Sean Spence-OLB(If gone,then Danny Trevathan)

R7.Audie Cole-ILB

R7.Antoine McClain-G(CJ comp pick)

Those are my picks and would be thrilled to have any of them!I think this is our best option.Any thoughts?I think we should draft heavily on the ‘D SIDE’ of the ball this year.I also don’t think it’s a must to draft any O-linemen unless Saturday retires.Even if mathis isn’t resigned,then my mock remains the same.I believe we stick with Jerry hughes and he starts.Also,I think its wise to use two high picks on corners this year.I’ve lost faith in powers,because he’s injury prone.

I just don't see why people can't come to terms with them picking Luck if we get the 1st pick. You'll really save yourself some heartbreak in the long run.

We may draft him,but he'll be traded to either cleveland,dallas or washngton an hour later.He wouldn't be a colt for long.He has no future with our franchise,since we already have our franchise signal caller.

I honestly doubt that Polian would trade the pick...and i'm not so sure that even if we did, that Cleveland would be interested in such a trade....but i'll play along lol

At #4, i would take Claiborne over Kirkpatrick...some mock drafts even have Kirkpatrick falling to the bottom of the 1st round/top of the 2nd...in that scenario, maybe we could take Blackmon at #4 and Kirkpatrick at 25 and Barron at 33 then hope that Poe falls to 36...then maybe we luck out again and Foles is available at #65........then we fill in the rest of the draft with best players available...so in your trade scenario, here is MY draft...

Justin Blackmon WR

Dre Kirkpatrick CB

Mark Barron SS

Dontari Poe DT

Nick Foles QB

I honestly doubt that Polian would trade the pick...and i'm not so sure that even if we did, that Cleveland would be interested in such a trade....but i'll play along lol

At #4, i would take Claiborne over Kirkpatrick...some mock drafts even have Kirkpatrick falling to the bottom of the 1st round/top of the 2nd...in that scenario, maybe we could take Blackmon at #4 and Kirkpatrick at 25 and Barron at 33 then hope that Poe falls to 36...then maybe we luck out again and Foles is available at #65........then we fill in the rest of the draft with best players available...so in your trade scenario, here is MY draft...

Justin Blackmon WR

Dre Kirkpatrick CB

Mark Barron SS

Dontari Poe DT

Nick Foles QB

Well played!I can't argue any of your selections.+1

I'll guarantee you that will not happen!

I second this. There is no way the Colts draft Luck, then trade him.

R1-4.Dre Kirkpatrick-CB

R1-25.Mark Barron-S(If he’s gone,then Chase Minnifield or Stephen Gilmore)

R2-33.Dontari Poe-DT(We need a true nose tackle and I think we pick him here)

R2-36.Montee Ball-RB(Dwight Jones,if wayne isn’t resigned)I would be thrilled to draft ball here!He’s the steal of the draft!Yes,I would cut either brown or addai for him.

R3.Chase Minnifield-CB(Either him or Stephen Gilmore)

R4.Kirk Cousins-QB(The perfect choice for our franchise and has a colt type personality)

R5.Joe Adams-WR/KR/PR(could be a special player,but will give us a homerun ST’S weapon)

R5.Malik Jackson-DE(Session comp pick)

R6.Sean Spence-OLB(If gone,then Danny Trevathan)

R7.Audie Cole-ILB

R7.Antoine McClain-G(CJ comp pick)

I like the emphasis on defense. However, I don't think there is any way we cut Addai or Brown. Carter has fumbling problems, Addai just signed a new contract and Brown is having the best season of his entire career.

Could you imagine the media if the QB scenario in your draft happened? I'm not trying to say your draft bad in any way, but the QB selection would have everyone going nuts. All the media would call the Colts "the team that bypassed Andrew Luck to draft Kirk Cousins".

I second this. There is no way the Colts draft Luck, then trade him.

I like the emphasis on defense. However, I don't think there is any way we cut Addai or Brown. Carter has fumbling problems, Addai just signed a new contract and Brown is having the best season of his entire career.

Could you imagine the media if the QB scenario in your draft happened? I'm not trying to say your draft bad in any way, but the QB selection would have everyone going nuts. All the media would call the Colts "the team that bypassed Andrew Luck to draft Kirk Cousins".

I fully expect we take cousins over him.We have a history of selecting big ten QB'S.I also prefer cousins over him.

I fully expect we take cousins over him.We have a history of selecting big ten QB'S.I also prefer cousins over him.

I can understand your opinion. I'm just commenting on how the media would paint it out. I can see Rich Eison on NFL Total Access talking to everyone and saying "The Colts let Andrew Luck go and instead took Kirk Cousins to be their QB of the future" and every "expert" on that show would say we are nuts and make a huge deal out of it

I can understand your opinion. I'm just commenting on how the media would paint it out. I can see Rich Eison on NFL Total Access talking to everyone and saying "The Colts let Andrew Luck go and instead took Kirk Cousins to be their QB of the future" and every "expert" on that show would say we are nuts and make a huge deal out of it

Who cares what they think anyway.I'm pretty sure that some of them fussed over us taking manning instead of leaf also.

Who cares what they think anyway.I'm pretty sure that some of them fussed over us taking manning instead of leaf also.

Yeah, they are called experts, but well...

Marshall Faulk predicted we would go 10-6 a few years ago. That was the year we went 14-2 and made the Super Bowl. A lot of them said Tebow wouldn't do well and now that he has had success, they are all over him like "I knew this kid would do well, he is a hard worker, I've always supported him"

Yeah, they are called experts, but well...

Marshall Faulk predicted we would go 10-6 a few years ago. That was the year we went 14-2 and made the Super Bowl. A lot of them said Tebow wouldn't do well and now that he has had success, they are all over him like "I knew this kid would do well, he is a hard worker, I've always supported him"

And they especially hate us,even faulk does.The media always hated our colts(the indy colts).So i just tune them out.In that regard polian does a good job of sticking to his own instincts and not let the media influence his picks.

If Polian reads this he'll be more likely to trade the pick. He loves to tick off the "experts" who claim to be draft gurus.

If we draft Luck, I don't think we trade him. If we trade the pick, we would be loaded for years. No team has ever gained so many picks in a trade and had BAD things happen. (See: 90's Cowboys.) Right now, the "experts" predict 3 1st, 2 2nd. One guy even said Cleveland would have the best offer, since two of those first round picks are in the same draft.

There is no scenario where Luck would end up better for us than 2, or possibly 3 years full of high draft picks. He will never be worth that much.

That said, again, I don't think we trade him if we pick him.

And they especially hate us,even faulk does.The media always hated our colts(the indy colts).So i just tune them out.In that regard polian does a good job of sticking to his own instincts and not let the media influence his picks.

Some people enjoy picking against succesful teams just to have something else to talk about. Yeah, there are a couple who consistently find negative things to say (Faulk is not one of them, he respects Peyton as much as anyone on the planet) just as there are a couple who consistently find positive things to say. They're all different, so talking about "them" in those terms is a bit much. The Colts are just one out of 32 teams, and we've been getting an insane amount of positive attention since Manning was drafted. There is hardly any justification to feel persecuted.

If we draft Luck, I don't think we trade him. If we trade the pick, we would be loaded for years. No team has ever gained so many picks in a trade and had BAD things happen. (See: 90's Cowboys.) Right now, the "experts" predict 3 1st, 2 2nd. One guy even said Cleveland would have the best offer, since two of those first round picks are in the same draft.

There is no scenario where Luck would end up better for us than 2, or possibly 3 years full of high draft picks. He will never be worth that much.

That said, again, I don't think we trade him if we pick him.

Man i'm hoping we don't pick him.But i do see a draft/trade scenario with cleveland that may involve ford or haden plus picks.What do you think of my mock DQ?Is it possible with the cleveland trade?I know some guys may rise or fall depending on combine/proday results.

Yeah, I don't get all the hate the Colts get. Keyshawn Johnson said we were the worst 14-0 team in NFL history...in other words, we were the worst to never lose a game...what a shame...

Deion Sanders really has something against Indy. Warren Sapp shows us lots of love though

Yeah, I don't get all the hate the Colts get. Keyshawn Johnson said we were the worst 14-0 team in NFL history...in other words, we were the worst to never lose a game...what a shame...

Deion Sanders really has something against Indy. Warren Sapp shows us lots of love though

The media is jealous that the midwestern peep's lay a beatdown(with a healthy manning) on them on a regular basis!It gets to them badly that a small market team is so dominant.We've owned the NFL for over 10 years.

Keyshawn's a bum... he's overrated and needs to keep his mouth shut sometimes. Don't listen to what he says, I've never heart him say one good thing about the Colts.

Edited by 21isSuperman
Mod edit: language

this is if we have the #1 pick and we dont trade down

R1 Andrew Luck QB -- This Guy is a for sure Pro Bowler some day And if he were to learn from peyton manning for a 2 or 3 years he will be that much better

R2 Brandon Thompson DT -- We can not stop the Run for $#!* and he is a for sure start next year along with NEVIS and he can get passed the line and stop the run better then any other DT in the NFL

R3 Trevin Wade CB-- he is fast great hands and the boy has got Hops he is not a start right away player but he will in the next 2 years plus we have the wrost CB set up ever

R4 Mike Brewster C-- he is a big guy and we need to plan for when jeff saturday retires and he is by FAR the best Center in the Draft

R4 B.J. Cunningham WR-- he is big fast and catches as well as Larry Fitz we need to plan for reggie leaveing so i think Cunningham is the best fit for this team

R5 Matt Reynolds T-- he is haveing a rough year this year but last year he was exspected to be a top 10 pick and fell to R5 from injury but i think if we give him a year of learning he will be a great T

R6 Ryan Miller G -- he is a monster he is 6'8" 360lb he is very fast and very physical he is the kind of G that would sit Behind Ryan Deim for 2-3 years and come out and go to the probowl the next year

R7 Bobby Rainey HB/KR-- i can describe him in two words Darren Sproles he is 5'6" and is the fastest Player I have ever seen, He can catch and return

The media is jealous that the midwestern peep's lay a beatdown(with a healthy manning) on them on a regular basis!It gets to them badly that a small market team is so dominant.We've owned the NFL for over 10 years.

Simply wrong. "The media" that you refer to are a bunch of individuals from all over the country. There is no collective thought or action. The NFL is the most balanced sports league probably in the world, and several of the teams are midwestern, and many of them are small market. Do you think that they are also biased against Green Bay, Minnesta, Pittsburgh, etc etc etc.

Simply wrong. "The media" that you refer to are a bunch of individuals from all over the country. There is no collective thought or action. The NFL is the most balanced sports league probably in the world, and several of the teams are midwestern, and many of them are small market. Do you think that they are also biased against Green Bay, Minnesta, Pittsburgh, etc etc etc.

Do you believe ESPN favors the patriots(just an example)?Yes or no?I think we all know the answer to that.So...'yes',the media is bias and always has been.I also believe they still hold a grudge on our indy colts,because of the baltimore situation.And the NFL itself as a business prefers that a large market team is dominant and successful.This is why they push the jets,giants,patriots and cowboys down our throats.How long have they(NFL) been pushing for a team in LA?Years!Why?Large money making market opportunity.Enuf said.....

Chase Minnifield won't drop to the 3rd round. Sean Spence won't drop to the 6th round. Picking Dre Kirkpatrick 4th is a bit of a stretch.

That's a good point andy.I'm hoping chase and spence fall.But we'll have to wait for combine and proday results.I also believe its a stretch to take kirkpatrick that high,but i don't envision trading down twice,so we must take him there.

Do you believe ESPN favors the patriots(just an example)?Yes or no?I think we all know the answer to that.So...'yes',the media is bias and always has been.I also believe they still hold a grudge on our indy colts,because of the baltimore situation.And the NFL itself as a business prefers that a large market team is dominant and successful.This is why they push the jets,giants,patriots and cowboys down our throats.How long have they(NFL) been pushing for a team in LA?Years!Why?Large money making market opportunity.Enuf said.....

You seem to have a habit of stating your opinion's as if they are fact: "I think we all know the answer to that", uh no, that isn't true at all.

Perhaps you don't really mean "bias". Yes, broadcasters rely on ratings, so they prefer to show the teams with the largest fan bases. A Yankees-Red Sox game will make a lot more money than a Brewers-Pirates game. But in the NFL, many small market teams have enormous fan bases. People jump on the bandwagon when the team is successful. The fact is that Dallas isn't much smaller than Indianapolis, and the Colts bandwagon has grown substantially in the past ten years as well. As a practical matter the networks desire to air the best games, and for the past ten years that's often included the Colts.

But once the games are on the air, there is no "bias". There is no generalized bias amongst the studio performers either. A lot of the on-air personalities have their own preferences (some of them adoring Manning, some not), but they aren't speaking for anyone but themselves, and those opinions vary wildly from person to person. ESPN is physically located in New England, so I'm sure that many lower level employees are Patriots (and Jets and Giants) fans, but to suggest that the entire network (much less the entire industry) speaks with one voice is just silly.

I've seen MANY Colts games on ESPN and in fact the announcers have often raved about the Colts (when they were playing well) almost to the exclusion of the other team. If there is ever a bias amongst broadcasters it is towards whomever happens to be playing well at the moment. And your comment about the Baltimore situation makes no sense either. A large percentage of the people involved with the networks were children when that happened (if they were even born yet), and unless they happened to live in Baltimore at the time (or were Colts fans) I assure you that they couldn't care less.

You seem to have a habit of stating your opinion's as if they are fact: "I think we all know the answer to that", uh no, that isn't true at all.

Perhaps you don't really mean "bias". Yes, broadcasters rely on ratings, so they prefer to show the teams with the largest fan bases. A Yankees-Red Sox game will make a lot more money than a Brewers-Pirates game. But in the NFL, many small market teams have enormous fan bases. People jump on the bandwagon when the team is successful. The fact is that Dallas isn't much smaller than Indianapolis, and the Colts bandwagon has grown substantially in the past ten years as well. As a practical matter the networks desire to air the best games, and for the past ten years that's often included the Colts.

But once the games are on the air, there is no "bias". There is no generalized bias amongst the studio performers either. A lot of the on-air personalities have their own preferences (some of them adoring Manning, some not), but they aren't speaking for anyone but themselves, and those opinions vary wildly from person to person. ESPN is physically located in New England, so I'm sure that many lower level employees are Patriots (and Jets and Giants) fans, but to suggest that the entire network (much less the entire industry) speaks with one voice is just silly.

I've seen MANY Colts games on ESPN and in fact the announcers have often raved about the Colts (when they were playing well) almost to the exclusion of the other team. If there is ever a bias amongst broadcasters it is towards whomever happens to be playing well at the moment. And your comment about the Baltimore situation makes no sense either. A large percentage of the people involved with the networks were children when that happened (if they were even born yet), and unless they happened to live in Baltimore at the time (or were Colts fans) I assure you that they couldn't care less.

Likewise,because i too couldn't care less about them(the media).I'm simply stating what i've seen.And now back to my orginal post(my mock).I no longer wish to carry on this discussion with you.And please quit following me around from thread to thread,just because you dislike my perspective and opinions.Yes,you're entitled to your opinions and so am i,so let's leave it at that.

small market teams have a small number of reporters that follow them. big market teams have many more reporters that follow teams on the road than the small market teams have at home games. this leads to more local stories (and competition for new stories) witch leads to more stories for national media to pick up on.

Likewise,because i too couldn't care less about them(the media).I'm simply stating what i've seen.And now back to my orginal post(my mock).I no longer wish to carry on this discussion with you.And please quit following me around from thread to thread,just because you dislike my perspective and opinions.Yes,you're entitled to your opinions and so am i,so let's leave it at that.

"FOLLOW YOU AROUND?" Give me a break.

There is something a bit wrong with this picture, and I'm as curious as I am irritated. Perhaps I'll send a PM when I have more time.

I wouldn't let what those Bozos say bother me. It's not a matter of trading Luck for Cousins; it's trading Luck for all those players they get with the draft choices. In any event, even if Cousins was drafted (which I doubt), he would be gone and the next QB drafted as Peyton's replacement would be on the roster. Cousins ain't the guy.

Consider this under the Op's scenario. The first round pick next year from Cleveland turns out to be #1 overall. The QB from USC (can't remember his name) has a big year and is the next QB of the decade, he would be available to the Colts.. In that case, if PM is healthy and still playing great, trade that pick for a handful of picks from some other QB needy team.

I wouldn't let what those Bozos say bother me. It's not a matter of trading Luck for Cousins; it's trading Luck for all those players they get with the draft choices. In any event, even if Cousins was drafted (which I doubt), he would be gone and the next QB drafted as Peyton's replacement would be on the roster. Cousins ain't the guy.

Consider this under the Op's scenario. The first round pick next year from Cleveland turns out to be #1 overall. The QB from USC (can't remember his name) has a big year and is the next QB of the decade, he would be available to the Colts.. In that case, if PM is healthy and still playing great, trade that pick for a handful of picks from some other QB needy team.