Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moncrief

Would The Rams?

Alright folks, seeing as how the #1 pick is boiling down to an end between the Colts and the Rams, I want to ask this question: If the Rams end up with the first pick, would they trade it away or would they take Matt Kalil and give Bradford some protection and time in the pocket?

Kail is nice....but 6+ other #1 pics allow them to find some folks to protect Sam and grab a few other pics??

Whomever gets that #1 spot will be inline to draft a great QB...or have a windfall of draft choices fall into you lap!!!

I think they take Luck, and they trade him as it's the best scenario. They can trade him to the Redskins for their 1st and 3rd round pick, Deangelo Hall, 2nd round pick and Jamaal Brown. They can get more value in drafting Luck and trading him then just getting Kalil. Plus, they already have Safford and Smith, who were both placed on IR. Drafting Kalil means one guy has to move inside, which is supposedly a pretty tough transition.

Other trade scnarios include:

- Trading Luck to the Seahawks for James Carpenter, 1st round, 3rd round pick and David Hawthorne

- Trading Luck to the Jaguars for Dawan Landry, 1st round pick, 3rd round pick and Clint Session

Alright folks, seeing as how the #1 pick is boiling down to an end between the Colts and the Rams, I want to ask this question: If the Rams end up with the first pick, would they trade it away or would they take Matt Kalil and give Bradford some protection and time in the pocket?

They almost have to trade the pick or not take Luck. Bradford has a huge contract that they can't cut or trade. They also aren't going to take Luck and have two really good young QBs on the same roster. My guess is that they will trade the pick and move back and get more for the pick than just taking another guy that they can get later anyways. I think there is a very real chance they trade the pick to the Colts because I think Irsay wants Luck and the question is how much are the Colts willing to pay to go up and get him. Two things in the Colts favors, they know the spot the Rams are in and they will have to trade the pick and they have the second pick which will have some real value to it and might drive the Rams asking price down just a little bit. A lot of unknowns between now and then though starting with will the Rams or the Colts have the top pick, Manning's health, how do guys do at the combines and pro-days, do the Rams, Colts, or another team just completely fall in love with a guy that they are willing to trade the moon to get him?

Well if the rumour that the pick is worth three 1sts and two 2nds, then they'd be stupid not to trade considering how tied to Bradford they are (I know a lot of people are saying we're tied to Manning but the age makes it a very different situation). Kalil would be great for them, but they have a lot of holes to fill, they're probably worse than 2011 Colts which is saying something.

I think they take Luck, and they trade him as it's the best scenario. They can trade him to the Redskins for their 1st and 3rd round pick, Deangelo Hall, 2nd round pick and Jamaal Brown. They can get more value in drafting Luck and trading him then just getting Kalil. Plus, they already have Safford and Smith, who were both placed on IR. Drafting Kalil means one guy has to move inside, which is supposedly a pretty tough transition.

- Trading Luck to the Seahawks for James Carpenter, 1st round, 3rd round pick and David Hawthorne

- Trading Luck to the Jaguars for Dawan Landry, 1st round pick, 3rd round pick and Clint Session

I think your value for Luck is a little low... consider they ahve said 3 #1 picks and 2 #2 picks.... even with players in the mix it may only eliminate one of the second round picks.....

If Indy trades up for Luck, then Manning has to be released, because they will not be in the running for a Super Bowl anytime soon following that scenario! Having Luck and Manning is already detrimental to the cap and the team! The value Luck would bring would improve all the holes on the team if Manning is healthy... It's one or the other guys, you can't have Luck and Manning and compete for a Super Bowl, especially with all the holes on the team..... now if Manning is not healthy obviously it's a no brainer who to select, and to free up that cap space from Mannings contract will allow some veteran free agents to be brought in.... it's ashame Indy hasn't sought free agents and tried to really improve the team while they had the best QB in the game at the healm....

There is no way under the sun that Luck is not the # 1 pick overall. It makes literally zero sense for the Rams to have that pick and take Kalil. They can trade down, get more picks and still get the guy they want if it is not Luck.

Where are you getting these trade scenarios

from?

from?

I am sure they are just what he thinks. In either case, that is not near enough compensation for the rights to Luck.

from?

Teams that need quarterback, and trades that are equal for both sides.

There is no way under the sun that Luck is not the # 1 pick overall. It makes literally zero sense for the Rams to have that pick and take Kalil. They can trade down, get more picks and still get the guy they want if it is not Luck.

exactly. the rams know they can still at least get our #2 pick in the draft and our 2nd round pick in the draft at the very least.