Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Deflategate Central (one thread, merged, moderated)

IndyD4U

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some more info:

Regarding NFL decision to uphold Brady suspension, here is league statement:

In the opinion informing Brady that his appeal had been denied, Commissioner Goodell emphasized important new information disclosed by Brady and his representatives in connection with the hearing.

On or shortly before March 6, the day that Tom Brady met with independent investigator Ted Wells and his colleagues, Brady directed that the cell phone he had used for the prior four months be destroyed. He did so even though he was aware that the investigators had requested access to text messages and other electronic information that had been stored on that phone. During the four months that the cell phone was in use, Brady had exchanged nearly 10,000 text messages, none of which can now be retrieved from that device. The destruction of the cell phone was not disclosed until June 18, almost four months after the investigators had first sought electronic information from Brady.

Based on the Wells Report and the evidence presented at the hearing, Commissioner Goodell concluded in his decision that Brady was aware of, and took steps to support, the actions of other team employees to deflate game footballs below the levels called for by the NFL's Official Playing Rules. The commissioner found that Brady’s deliberate destruction of potentially relevant evidence went beyond a mere failure to cooperate in the investigation and supported a finding that he had sought to hide evidence of his own participation in the underlying scheme to alter the footballs.

Posted · Hidden by Superman, July 28, 2015 - shots at another member
Hidden by Superman, July 28, 2015 - shots at another member

Amfootball will have a perfectly reasonable essay explanation for this.

I have a better chance of winning a nobel prize than her absolute garbage complaints and snide backhanded comments against us. Enjoy September you cheatin scum

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, July 28, 2015 - calling out other posters
Hidden by Nadine, July 28, 2015 - calling out other posters

Incredible too that the Pat posters just disappear when this kind of stuff comes out. Destroyed his cell phone LOL....The audacity of Kraft , Brady .Morty , AM and Virdulant for claiming this guy is innocent. This of coarse is assuming that Goodall is not embellishing anything here.

LOL.

I hope he takes this to court.  PLEASE.  And the NFL shouldn't let him play until the court is settled and when it is strip him of everything because he is literally putting the league before him and trying to defame the entire organization.  He is full of himself and a cheater.  And most importantly a self centered liar :-).

Some more info:

Regarding NFL decision to uphold Brady suspension, here is league statement:

In the opinion informing Brady that his appeal had been denied, Commissioner Goodell emphasized important new information disclosed by Brady and his representatives in connection with the hearing.

On or shortly before March 6, the day that Tom Brady met with independent investigator Ted Wells and his colleagues, Brady directed that the cell phone he had used for the prior four months be destroyed. He did so even though he was aware that the investigators had requested access to text messages and other electronic information that had been stored on that phone. During the four months that the cell phone was in use, Brady had exchanged nearly 10,000 text messages, none of which can now be retrieved from that device. The destruction of the cell phone was not disclosed until June 18, almost four months after the investigators had first sought electronic information from Brady.

Based on the Wells Report and the evidence presented at the hearing, Commissioner Goodell concluded in his decision that Brady was aware of, and took steps to support, the actions of other team employees to deflate game footballs below the levels called for by the NFL's Official Playing Rules. The commissioner found that Brady’s deliberate destruction of potentially relevant evidence went beyond a mere failure to cooperate in the investigation and supported a finding that he had sought to hide evidence of his own participation in the underlying scheme to alter the footballs.

Wow...thats...well I'm speechless. This whole time I've thought that Brady has had conversations with the ball boys stating that he likes them to the lowest level they could be prepared. That the ball boys on their own would let air out after they were measured and Tom had no knowledge of this happening....just that they were prepared that way for the game. Makes it very difficult for me to continue to believe this now. I keep giving Tom the benefit of the doubt and I keep getting dissappointed. If that is the case I don't know how Tom can win an appeal unless its said that giving electronic communication on a personal phone goes beyond what the NFL as an employer can legitly ask for and hold someone accountable for not turning over. It's pretty clear he stone walled the investigation....I thought the suspension was too stiff but I can see where they are coming from. This kinda has a Lois Lerner/Hillary Clinton feel to it....and I don't think Tom wants to be in that company right now. I wish he would have just made a statement and could have made this all go away...likely a fine and maybe a game to begin with and the NFL could have destroyed all the evidence AGAIN and he would have looked better. Had he just said what Kraft said he would have looked like he was taking the high road. Now its hard not to think the negative no matter what he does now. This is the worst news I've heard on this matter yet. If this is indeed true thats just a shame. Hopefully he gets back on the field and makes us all forget this dirty situation and we can move on. The more that comes out the worse it gets. Just bite the bullet and then go play great football again Tom. That's where you are at your best.

LOL.

I hope he takes this to court. PLEASE. And the NFL shouldn't let him play until the court is settled and when it is strip him of everything because he is literally putting the league before him and trying to defame the entire organization. He is full of himself and a cheater. And most importantly a self centered liar :-).

I hope he does too. Then he and everyone involved will be forced to reveal everything, and it will be all open to the public, right now it's mostly private. They were already under oath, so if it goes to court and is found out differently, perjury. There is no way he wins if he takes it to court. He destroyed his phone but his phone records will be subpoenaed and revealed, along with everyone else involved. Possibly even belicheck and Kraft because they will be called as witnesses. I doubt they want to lie in federal court. The deflator already lost their jobs, now jail time?

Please take it to court brady. It will be hilarious!

Wow...thats...well I'm speechless. This whole time I've thought that Brady has had conversations with the ball boys stating that he likes them to the lowest level they could be prepared. That the ball boys on their own would let air out after they were measured and Tom had no knowledge of this happening....just that they were prepared that way for the game. Makes it very difficult for me to continue to believe this now. I keep giving Tom the benefit of the doubt and I keep getting dissappointed. If that is the case I don't know how Tom can win an appeal unless its said that giving electronic communication on a personal phone goes beyond what the NFL as an employer can legitly ask for and hold someone accountable for not turning over. It's pretty clear he stone walled the investigation....I thought the suspension was too stiff but I can see where they are coming from. This kinda has a Lois Lerner/Hillary Clinton feel to it....and I don't think Tom wants to be in that company right now. I wish he would have just made a statement and could have made this all go away...likely a fine and maybe a game to begin with and the NFL could have destroyed all the evidence AGAIN and he would have looked better. Had he just said what Kraft said he would have looked like he was taking the high road. Now its hard not to think the negative no matter what he does now. This is the worst news I've heard on this matter yet. If this is indeed true thats just a shame. Hopefully he gets back on the field and makes us all forget this dirty situation and we can move on. The more that comes out the worse it gets. Just bite the bullet and then go play great football again Tom. That's where you are at your best.

He's at his belt while cheating?  I guess.  hasn't legitimately won anything on the field.  Seems like all he is really good at is cheating. Because he can't even lie properly rofl

ESPN breaking the phone issue down on a timeline.....

The game was in mid/late January.

The phone is destroyed in early March.

Brady does NOT tell the NFL his phone is destroyed until......    mid-June!

Adam Shefter says Brady's people are saying the destroying of the phone is.....   routine.    That as a famous public person, Brady gets a new phone every three to four months,  likely to prevent hacking.    OK.....   that sounds reasonable.

BUT.....

Destroying a phone needed for an investigation is wrong....    and then NOT telling the investigators about that until more than three months later (roughly 100 days)  screams cover-up to me.   Screams guilty to me.

Good for the NFL for standing strong.      Props to the Brady camp for leaking out how great and cooperative he was during the appeal healing -- that appears to be far, Far, FAR from the truth.

On one of the ESPN football shows today,  Bill Polian says he thinks the NFL can win this appeal.    Sure hope he's right.

Brady and the NFLPA are out of control......

LOL.

I hope he takes this to court.  PLEASE.  And the NFL shouldn't let him play until the court is settled and when it is strip him of everything because he is literally putting the league before him and trying to defame the entire organization.  He is full of himself and a cheater.  And most importantly a self centered liar :-).

The courts would likely issue an injunction, permitting Brady to play while the legal process plays out. Long and short, if Brady sues, he's going to play. 

I think Tom has misplayed this. I think he thought in the field of public opinion that the NFL would look like the bad guys in all this. The Wells Report had some holes in it and well Tom is a much beloved public figure and Goodell and the NFL are the bad guys. Then its Brady's press conference, the text messages, and now this news just no matter what side your on or how much you want to believe him and how much you dislike Goodell and the NFL execs....Brady's behavior just is inexcusable for that of an innocent man. Some how he looks worse than he did before...the longer this drags out the more his name is dragged under. Whatever ends up happening I'm still going to look at Tom as the great player and not this unfortunate debacle of judgement...I wish this would just all be over soon because it isn't doing either side any favors. Tom just needs to get back on the field and play...still one of the greatest at his position and people will start to forget altogether...but the longer this drags out the more it hurts his character.

From Schefter's FB page:

"On or shortly before March 6, the day that Tom Brady met with independent investigator Ted Wells and his colleagues, Brady directed that the cell phone he had used for the prior four months be destroyed. He did so even though he was aware that the investigators had requested access to text messages and other electronic information that had been stored on that phone. During the four months that the cell phone was in use, Brady had exchanged nearly 10,000 text messages, none of which can now be retrieved from that device. The destruction of the cell phone was not disclosed until June 18, almost four months after the investigators had first sought electronic information from Brady."

_________

Don't know how anyone could defend this.

ESPN breaking the phone issue down on a timeline.....

The game was in mid/late January.

The phone is destroyed in early March.

Brady does NOT tell the NFL his phone is destroyed until......    mid-June!

Adam Shefter says Brady's people are saying the destroying of the phone is.....   routine.    That as a famous public person, Brady gets a new phone every three to four months,  likely to prevent hacking.    OK.....   that sounds reasonable.

BUT.....

Destroying a phone needed for an investigation is wrong....    and then NOT telling the investigators about that until more than three months later (roughly 100 days)  screams cover-up to me.   Screams guilty to me.

Good for the NFL for standing strong.      Props to the Brady camp for leaking out how great and cooperative he was during the appeal healing -- that appears to be far, Far, FAR from the truth.

On one of the ESPN football shows today,  Bill Polian says he thinks the NFL can win this appeal.    Sure hope he's right.

Brady and the NFLPA are out of control......

In the courts eyes, that'll go down as evidence tampering.  With that knowledge, no way he'll win in court. No way at all.

From Schefter's FB page:

"On or shortly before March 6, the day that Tom Brady met with independent investigator Ted Wells and his colleagues, Brady directed that the cell phone he had used for the prior four months be destroyed. He did so even though he was aware that the investigators had requested access to text messages and other electronic information that had been stored on that phone. During the four months that the cell phone was in use, Brady had exchanged nearly 10,000 text messages, none of which can now be retrieved from that device. The destruction of the cell phone was not disclosed until June 18, almost four months after the investigators had first sought electronic information from Brady."

_________

Don't know how anyone could defend this.

and he only gets a 4 game ban...he got off easy in that case