Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CR91

Black Monday

Recommended Posts

which coaches will be fired come monday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Possibly Caldwell

Probably Spagnuolo (though the problems with that team weren't his fault)

Raheem Morris

Possibly Andy Reid

Possibly though not likely Lezlie Fraser

....also, the Pats should fire Belichick. Just sayin...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

- Norv Turner

- Steve Spagnuolo

- Raheem Morris

- Jim Caldwell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i actually do hope spags gets fired. i would love him as our DC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Possibly Caldwell

Probably Spagnuolo (though the problems with that team weren't his fault)

Raheem Morris

Possibly Andy Reid

Possibly though not likely Lezlie Fraser

....also, the Pats should fire Belichick. Just sayin...

haha

Coaches usually get fired not because they're not good but because when teams lose...well the old sayin' "ya can't fire the players"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

haha

Coaches usually get fired not because they're not good but because when teams lose...well the old sayin' "ya can't fire the players"

Yeah...his defense was the worst in the league. That's completely unacceptable. I think they should just fire him and start rebuilding. Let some other team like the Colts hire Belichick while you guys can rebuild and make your team young again. It's a really good plan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Norv Turner is definitely gone.

Steve Spagnualo has a 75% chance imo.

Jim Caldwell has a 40% chance, 60% if they lose.

Raheem Morris escapes, but barely, imo.

Andy Reid has a 20% chance, imo.

Leslie Frazier is staying (according to sources).

That's all I got for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah...his defense was the worst in the league. That's completely unacceptable. I think they should just fire him and start rebuilding. Let some other team like the Colts hire Belichick while you guys can rebuild and make your team young again. It's a really good plan

Well I suppose we could trade for multiple draft picks and a blank stare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I suppose we could trade for multiple draft picks and a blank stare.

Hm...I'm not sure if he is worth that much. He did, after all, build the worst defense in the league. How does this sound:

Indy gets: Belichick, 1st round pick

New England gets: Caldwell, 6th rounder

I mean, if we are going to inherit the worst defense in the league, I would expect the Pats to have a little heart and throw a first round pick in there.

If you agree, I'll talk to the Colts people and you talk to the Pats people and we can make it work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hm...I'm not sure if he is worth that much. He did, after all, build the worst defense in the league. How does this sound:

Indy gets: Belichick, 1st round pick

New England gets: Caldwell, 6th rounder

I mean, if we are going to inherit the worst defense in the league, I would expect the Pats to have a little heart and throw a first round pick in there.

If you agree, I'll talk to the Colts people and you talk to the Pats people and we can make it work

umm..I think I'll play these cards. Belichick told me its not about stats and not to worry about the defense...so I'll trust him one more time.

Besides I'm afraid the blank stare could be contagious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

umm..I think I'll play these cards. Belichick told me its not about stats and not to worry about the defense...so I'll trust him one more time.

Besides I'm afraid the blank stare could be contagious.

The blank stare can really come in handy sometimes...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Playing Kelly for one game though isn’t going to really tell them much. But if he has worked hard I don’t have a problem giving him some time in the jags game to reward him for his hard work.
    • But this gives you so much valuable information as an organization, it clears up so much.  You can go into the draft will a much better direction.  If Chad wasn't close to as good to Jacoby then why keep him?  You can find much more stable backups than Chad.  Heck, we already have one of those guys in Hoyer.   1.  We have a guy with huge upside, so maybe we do get Love and see if he develops and gives Chad a run for his money.  Also, Chad my screw up again.   2.  Be aggressive in the draft because neither are going to be the guy.  They can fight it out for the backup.  See if you can get something for Jacoby or Chad.   3.  See number 2.     Show the team that the Colts walk the walk and that there will be competition at every level 
    • I couldn't agree more.  Who gets drafted where is so important to that QB's chances for success for all the reasons you mentioned above.   I think the Colts would be one of those franchises where a rookie would develop quickly and could wind up starting sooner rather than later.  Regarding Kelly none of us know anything about his leadership abilities.  He certainly looked in command of the team in the limited time we saw him play.  He's been squeaky clean this year off the field so maybe he has settled down.  We will see I guess.  Colin Cowherd had an interesting segment on his show today.  He talked about the success rate in the NFL of QB's coming out of Major programs with 4 and 5 star recruits versus the mid tier programs and the 3 star recruits.  The mid tier programs won in his analysis and this year he actually compared Burroughs to Love as an example of a power school to a mid tier school.  Interesting listen if you can find it.  He too feels where they land will determine how successful they become.  I have a feeling Love is going to get a lot of love leading up to the draft.  If he truly turns out to be Ballards guy I believe he is going to have to go out and get him.  JMO.
    • What about drafting a QB? Doesn't that tell JB he isn't the guy, and is just keeping the seat warm for when the new guy is ready?   If Kelly starts JB will get over it, and the team will embrace the staff for doing everything possible for this season and the future of the team.
    • There will never be another Peyton so we do agree on the 1% chance of landing something like that. I said 10% on landing someone Luck, perhaps that may have been a bit low but I would say a 20% chance is pushing it. We would have to get really lucky a 3rd time and hope whoever we draft ends up like Wilson or Mahomes. That is doubtful though.    Regarding Tom Brady I will say this, he has made the most out of his situation and accomplished 6 SB wins. I agree with your concept overall though, if a rookie QB goes to a good situation (like Wilson did) they have a better chance of succeeding. I love our GM, like our Coach, love our O.line but not happy with our WR core or our defense. Our defense has played great at times than has looked bad like this past Sunday.
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...