Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Manning visits Chattanooga in wake of shooting

bababooey

I wasn't exactly being 100% serious with the last post. I certainly did not think AMF would give me a link to see Brady's charitable efforts after that either. lol Whew....

I just think Peyton is class act for taking time committed to going to Chattanooga. He has kind heart to do so and shows his appreciation to our men and women in the military as well. Very cool to see. I just didn't want his actions to be degraded because "he's from there so it only makes sense to go" like its "no big deal."

Does anyone think Peyton Manning will lose an election, no matter what position he runs for in Tennessee? :)

Not diminishing anything but that guy is revered out there. I can see him as Governor or Senator from TN if he chooses to go that route.

It is amazing how you guys will turn everything into a Manning/Brady debate. lol.

Biggest case of pot calling the kettle black in the history of the known universe.  I can only assume that your "lol" was directed at the ridiculous nature of the preceding sentence.

A very kind act on his part to take time away from family to go do this. He is very generous and sincerely caring guy. Whether its his hand written letters, donations to childrens hospitals, or going and speaking and giving of his time (let's be real thats worth a heck of a lot more to millionares than money) he seems to be a really classy person. Indeed Peyton gets a lot more attention than most on these things...we all know many many instances of lesser celebrities etc that do just as much or more. That all said I just respect him for putting actions to his words....he is very often a person that lives out his values and one can't help but respect that. Some day Peyton like all the rest of us will have an embarrassing gaf or publicly make a mistake...but if he handles it with as much class as he does the rest of his business he will have a life long list of good acts to earn forgiveness. Kudos to Peyton and all those that give of themselves....AND ESPECIALLY LOVE AND PRAYERS to the families that lost and those that continue to GIVE every day for our freedoms!

It is amazing how you guys will turn everything into a Manning/Brady debate. lol. Brady's charitable efforts are well documented with his most recent being his donation of his speaking engagement check at Salem University to his Best Buddies foundation, https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2015/06/19/brady-donates-salem-state-speaking-fee-charity-says/8cGIqpw5lr22eMWhWK40EJ/story.html

But his charitable efforts are really never as publicized as Peyton's for some reason or perhaps he just chooses to do it more anonymously.

that doesn't make any sense at all. if he chooses to do it anonymously, how do you know about it and the media doesnt?

..adding his name to the fund might move more people to donate.

This is the kind of thing you may not want to do anonymously for that reason

It is amazing how you guys will turn everything into a Manning/Brady debate. lol. Brady's charitable efforts are well documented with his most recent being his donation of his speaking engagement check at Salem University to his Best Buddies foundation, https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2015/06/19/brady-donates-salem-state-speaking-fee-charity-says/8cGIqpw5lr22eMWhWK40EJ/story.html

But his charitable efforts are really never as publicized as Peyton's for some reason or perhaps he just chooses to do it more anonymously.

He got paid more than most people's salary to go and crack a few jokes. Not like he had to do much to earn it.

Such nonsense about him donating anonymously. As if you would be someone to know about it if he did. That's like ted danson donating anonymously in that episode of curb then telling everyone in private he's the anonymous donor so everyone thinks it's even greater than the ones who donate the same amount but attach their name to it. Either way his charitable efforts are not publicized because they don't exist as your warped mind allows you to believe. Even if they did, you wouldn't know about it so don't act like you do.

Does anyone think Peyton Manning will lose an election, no matter what position he runs for in Tennessee? :)

Not diminishing anything but that guy is revered out there. I can see him as Governor or Senator from TN if he chooses to go that route.

He could probably almost do anything he wants.  His contributions to society have been phenomenal.  He could probably literally pursue a career in politics if he wanted to.  I mean really if Arnold can do it, I'm sure Peyton can.