CR91

while keeping in mind luck's future 20+ a year contract

MUST KEEP

castonzo 4 year 48 m 24 g

hilton 5 year 50 m 25 g

allen 4 year 20 m 10 g

fleener 4 year 20 m 10 g

WOULD LIKE TO KEEP

freeman franchise tag not sure how much that would be.

adam v 2 year 8 mil if he still wants to play

doyle 4 year 8 mil

DEPENDS ON PERFORMANCE

ballard

herron

chapman

toler

herramans

I have a feeling Fleener will get more money then Allen.  TE's seem to be paid on the basis of receiving ability more then blocking ability.  On top of that Fleener has been more durable.  

I would say Fleener will get about between 7 and 8 million APY, probably closer to 8.  Allen more like 5 APY.

Hilton will probably get more like 11 to 12 mil APY. 

Castanzo def. less. 12 million APY would put him as the 2nd highest paid Left Tackle in the NFL.  Obviously contracts increase over time but it's the top 5 guys at the position who set the bar.  He's not a top 5 LT.

I can see Castanzo at closer to 8 or 9 million.  Possibly even a little less.  

I have a feeling Fleener will get more money then Allen.  TE's seem to be paid on the basis of receiving ability more then blocking ability.  On top of that Fleener has been more durable.  

I would say Fleener will get about between 7 and 8 million APY, probably closer to 8.  Allen more like 5 APY.

Hilton will probably get more like 11 to 12 mil APY, Castanzo def. less. 12 million APY would put him as the 2nd highest paid Left Tackle in the NFL.  Obviously contracts increase over time but it's the top 5 guys at the position who set the bar.  He's not a top 5 LT.

idk if id wanna give fleener 8 mil a year. that seems a bit steep and if you go back to the games allen was out, we struggled on offense so while allen doesnt put up a large stat line, his blocking is tremendous to our offense's success

Hilton will probably get more like 11 to 12 mil APY, Castanzo def. less. 12 million APY would put him as the 2nd highest paid Left Tackle in the NFL.  Obviously contracts increase over time but it's the top 5 guys at the position who set the bar.  He's not a top 5 LT.

I agree with everything except Allen.

If he "stays" in the world of injury this year the 5 mil is right on the nose.... but probably with another team

If he performs this year, and stay healthy he may go to 7 - 8mil

We actually have some great potential at the TE spot 

Doyle is a good player, that sees the field little due to the TE twosome.

I would also like to see what "Mr Basketball" can do as well.......

I wouldnt be surprised if Allen or Fleener is traded 

idk if id wanna give fleener 8 mil a year. that seems a bit steep and if you go back to the games allen was out, we struggled on offense so while allen doesnt put up a large stat line, his blocking is tremendous to our offense's success

Fleener's been well inside the top 10 of TE's in terms of receiving yards for 2 years now.  While 8 mil might be a little high (I'm figuring for salary cap increase) it's not that far off.  7 mil right now only puts him at #12 in terms of pay for TE.  But his stats put him well beyond that.  

Even if 8 mil is a little high I can almost guarantee he will get more then 7 mil.  

Here's my thoughts.  I think we have to be mindful of the need to trim salary for Luck, Costanzo, and Hilton's new contracts.  So, I'd aim at trimmng fat if we can replace them with young, developing talent.  It's the reality of the situation IMHO.  The LB corps in particular will need to see some strides from Newsome,Werner, and others. 

MUST KEEP

castonzo

hilton

freeman

fleener

WOULD LIKE TO KEEP

doyle

DEPENDS ON PERFORMANCE

Ballard

Herron

Butler

LET WALK (Due to Injury Past, Salary, Performance, or Age)

Allen

Adam V

Herremans

Chapman

Toler

Thomas

Mathis

D'Qwell

Cherilus

Walden

Here's my thoughts. I think we have to be mindful of the need to trim salary for Luck, Costanzo, and Hilton's new contracts. So, I'd aim at trimmng fat if we can replace them with young, developing talent. It's the reality of the situation IMHO. The LB corps in particular will need to see some strides from Newsome,Werner, and others.

MUST KEEP

castonzo

hilton

freeman

fleener

WOULD LIKE TO KEEP

doyle

DEPENDS ON PERFORMANCE

Ballard

Herron

Butler

LET WALK (Due to Injury Past, Salary, Performance, or Age)

Allen

Adam V

Herremans

Chapman

Toler

Thomas

Mathis

D'Qwell

Cherilus

Walden

No reason to not re-sign Vinatieri if his 2015 is anything like his 2014.

No reason to not re-sign Vinatieri if his 2015 is anything like his 2014.

I don't disagree.  But getting a younger and cheaper K is how I see it going in order to save some $.  That route will likely have us cursing the youngster one game in his rookie season due to a missed game-winning attempt...

Here's my thoughts. I think we have to be mindful of the need to trim salary for Luck, Costanzo, and Hilton's new contracts. So, I'd aim at trimmng fat if we can replace them with young, developing talent. It's the reality of the situation IMHO. The LB corps in particular will need to see some strides from Newsome,Werner, and others.

MUST KEEP

castonzo

hilton

freeman

fleener

WOULD LIKE TO KEEP

doyle

DEPENDS ON PERFORMANCE

Ballard

Herron

Butler

LET WALK (Due to Injury Past, Salary, Performance, or Age)

Allen

Adam V

Herremans

Chapman

Toler

Thomas

Mathis

D'Qwell

Cherilus

Walden

so Freeman is a must keep but Allen the best blocker and better overall TE isn't?

so Freeman is a must keep but Allen the best blocker and better overall TE isn't?

IMO, you don't re-sign folks who can't stay on the field to LT contracts, despite the fact that they are theoretically great players.  Freeman played uninspired football while hurt in his 3rd season, but at least he was playing.  Yeah, to me Freeman is a must keep, because he is our only really good ILB, even though he had a poor 2014.  Allen - I wish him the best, but he hasn't approximated his rookie greatness.  I hope he's 100% this year and goes to the PB (ala the brittle Gronk), which would likely change my mind on him.  But, as I see it now, I'm not throwing guaranteed $ after a players who's hurt that much...

IMO, you don't re-sign folks who can't stay on the field to LT contracts, despite the fact that they are theoretically great players.  Freeman played uninspired football while hurt in his 3rd season, but at least he was playing.  Yeah, to me Freeman is a must keep, because he is our only really good ILB, even though he had a poor 2014.  Allen - I wish him the best, but he hasn't approximated his rookie greatness.  I hope he's 100% this year and goes to the PB (ala the brittle Gronk), which would likely change my mind on him.  But, as I see it now, I'm not throwing guaranteed $ after a players who's hurt that much...

For me it depends on cost with Allen.  I think we can have him for a lower price maybe 4 or 5 mil. 

Fleener is the one that's going to cost.  I honestly think Fleener is one of the most underrated players on here.  His rookie year was forgettable but after that he's been top 10 in receiving yards among TE's.  

Here's my thoughts.  I think we have to be mindful of the need to trim salary for Luck, Costanzo, and Hilton's new contracts.  So, I'd aim at trimmng fat if we can replace them with young, developing talent.  It's the reality of the situation IMHO.  The LB corps in particular will need to see some strides from Newsome,Werner, and others. 

Allen -

Adam V

Herremans

Chapman

Toler

Thomas

Mathis

D'Qwell

Cherilus

Walden

Most of the guys on your "Let Walk" list should not be on it. 

Allen - What?  Let's see how healthy he is this year before we even consider him on this list

Adam V - Due to age, I can see him being on here...but all he does is FGs and extra points...no need to push him out the door if his leg is fine

Herremans -

Chapman - This coming season will only be his 2nd as a full time starter.  How about we see how he does?  No need to make a judgement on him this early

Toler - better find someone better first

Thomas

Mathis

D'Qwell - like Toler, better find someone better first

Cherilus

Walden - yeah probably, but we should see how our young guys do this year before already determining to let Walden walk.

MUST KEEP

castonzo

hilton

freeman

fleener

WOULD LIKE TO KEEP

doyle

DEPENDS ON PERFORMANCE

Ballard

Herron

Butler

Allen

Adam V

Herremans

Chapman

Toler

Thomas

Mathis

D'Qwell

Cherilus

Walden

I agree with your walk list. That would clear up more than enough salary space for the players were need, like Castonzo. With the exception of Vinateri, we have young promising replacements for those players. But Luck,Castonzo, and Hilton will be the biggest and most important contracts for the Colts. Those 3 are top priority

Fleener will be closer to 4/28 IMO. 

Hilton will be closer to 5/60 too.

Also, don't forget Lucks salary for this year is already 17M, so it should only be a 6-8M jump for future years. Lots of people forget that.

From what I see, Luck's salary this year is ~7mil.  NEXT year it would go up to 17mil if the team uses the 5th year option.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/indianapolis-colts/andrew-luck/

It starts with Castonzo IMO and then goes to TY and then the tightends. I think Adam pretty much said he was retiring when this contract was up but if not unless the wheels just come off this year I'd bring him back too. As a kicker who probably wouldn't want to leave unless the Colts had no interest I think he's a guy you just get done when you can. I don't think his deal would be as hard as some of the others.

Allen and Fleener need to be paid the same amount if they both stay, to keep

pride and emotions in check. They both have their strong points but are even

in production for the team. One is a better receiver and one is a better blocker.

agreed. that situation needs to be handled carefully to avoid any tension between fleener and allen