Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Adongo

RockThatBlue

wait until he makes the team atleast

Facepalm.

I'm gonna take bets that he gets injured on a special teams play during a pre-season game.... any takers?

Double facepalm.

Good read, OP. I never realized Adongo was such a scholar. I like him even more now. Very cool.

If he knew the game he would be playing the game...plenty of time during his non-injured time.

His first year he was learning the game and his 2nd season (last year) he was on IR. There goes your theory.

At this point, he likely knows the game better than you do. Now it's whether he can play it at a high level or not.

He is in the position now where he has to play lights out in preseason and if he does I still don't think he will make the roster.

That wouldn't make any sense. The Colts have invested time and money into a project player, yet when he plays "lights out" they decide to cut him....

He is still PS eligible as far as I know......Wish him the best no matter what happens...But realistically he aint crackin the 53  

OLB's

1.Mathis

2.Cole

3.Werner

4.Walden

5.Newsome

6.Hodges/Galea

Is who I think will make the 53

His first year he was learning the game and his 2nd season (last year) he was on IR. There goes your theory.

At this point, he likely knows the game better than you do. Now it's whether he can play it at a high level or not.

Excuse me, but I simply cannot get enthusiastic about this Dongo person......ever.

At least Swoope Dog is looking like he is catching on to the game and shows some promise.

Dongo is the one Colt p...woops, can't call him player...Colt roster member, who I cannot stand being on the team....stupid ego experiment by Grigson (I can make a football player out of any athlete).

Let it go, Ryan, let it go!

Excuse me, but I simply cannot get enthusiastic about this Dongo person......ever.

At least Swoope Dog is looking like he is catching on to the game and shows some promise.

Dongo is the one Colt p...woops, can't call him player...Colt roster member, who I cannot stand being on the team....stupid ego experiment by Grigson (I can make a football player out of any athlete).

You don't know that for sure. You have an opinion and that is all. Grigson and Pagano see him on a daily bases and I trust their judgment over yours. If he don't work out he has drew very little salary from the Colts and it is no big deal. If he does work out then it would look like a good choice was made. We wait and see.

You have no idea whether Adongo can play or not. You just hate the Adongo signing so much that you blatantly make slanderous statements about the guy. You've had a stick up your ... since the day Adongo was signed, for what ever reason, and apparently it's still firmly in place. The Adongo "ego experiment" literally is no risk, high reward. I've never seen someone get as worked up as you over such a trivial roster spot.

I love to see Grigson taking chances on insane athletes, like Swoope and Adongo, rather than just signing another camp body who has no shot. Crazy, I know.

Also, you can't say Grigson needs to stop doing these experiments and then compliment Swoope in the same breathe. That's slightly contradictory.

He is in the position now where he has to play lights out in preseason and if he does I still don't think he will make the roster.

At least not to play OLB. To much depth there. You got Walden, Cole, Newsome, Werner, and Mathis if he can come back healthy. He would never see a snap at OLB, even as a rotational guy. I'd he doesn't kill it on special teams, he won't make the team.

At least not to play OLB. To much depth there. You got Walden, Cole, Newsome, Werner, and Mathis if he can come back healthy. He would never see a snap at OLB, even as a rotational guy. I'd he doesn't kill it on special teams, he won't make the team.

Yes, he needs to kill on STs, as do all guys fighting to be backups.

But (if he can actually play) he may be a futures guy. Mathis and Cole are getting up there. It's nice to have some younger guys learning the position that have potential.

Yes, he needs to kill on STs, as do all guys fighting to be backups.

But (if he can actually play) he may be a futures guy. Mathis and Cole are getting up there. It's nice to have some younger guys learning the position that have potential.

True. But you also have Newsome and Werner. Plus eventually the Colts might eventually draft a pass rusher in the first or second round soon, so it's either now or never for him. No one is going to keep him around just to be a future 4th string rotational guy behind our future starters at OLB. If I had to quantify it, I'd say he would need to show as much potential as Newsome to have a shot.

True. But you also have Newsome and Werner. Plus eventually the Colts might eventually draft a pass rusher in the first or second round soon, so it's either now or never for him. No one is going to keep him around just to be a future 4th string rotational guy behind our future starters at OLB. If I had to quantify it, I'd say he would need to show as much potential as Newsome to have a shot.

Should we assume we carry 5 OLBs?

Mathis, Cole, Newsome, Walden, all probably make it barring injury. So that leaves one spot.

Werner, most likely we don't give up on a first rounder that so.

Now if Mathis starts on the PuP, Adonga has a good chance.

Just MHO.