Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is JJ Watt a Jerk ?

dw49

My wife and daughter call JJ Watt "Captain Killer." So, yeah, no one's gonna do anything about it.

"Captain Killer" huh?  Does JJ Watt have a nickname yet? If not, we can put throw this in the ring along with....

MegaWatt

JJ Swatt

Any others?

I have a better question....

would anyone else in the NFL stand a chance against JJ Watt in an all out battle royal/thunder-dome type match to the death?

The answer to that riddle is no. JJ Watt is a freak of nature.

would anyone else in the NFL stand a chance against JJ Watt in an all out battle royal/thunder-dome type match to the death?

To the death?  Aaron Hernandez comes to mind....

IMO I gained MORE respect for him after the spat. Mettenburger started it all like a whiny brat. JJ Watt's comment was more like "go fly a kite."

The only way the latter would be ever as good as the former would be if the former spits, and the latter drinks it, resulting in the greatness of the former transferring to the latter. Unfortunately, the latter is not even worthy of drinking the former's spit. :)

Judging from the tweet it would seem pretty innocent. The cabin he built is awesome. However, the incident from the June 29th Zac Brown concert in Milwaukee may be a little concerning. For those who do not know, he tackled a stage rusher and flattened him. Now, whether this was staged or not, I don't know. Seems as though he should give these antics some more thought. You never know what kind of outcomes could occur, accidental or not. Aligning himself with more caution could prove to be the wiser move.

I dunno, but his comments about working out during the offseason at his "minimalist cabin" were eye rolling.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25089353/look-jj-watts-cabin-in-the-middle-of-nowhere-is-insane

Cool link BOTT. Thanks. 

When that female reporter said that JJ's cabin was in the middle of nowhere 2 and a half miles from the nearest Starbucks I burst out laughing. Out in the boonies to me is like 500 miles from civilization minimum. Since when did 2 miles become remote & desolate?  haha

Probably. He's pretty annoying and comes off as really pretentious.

Zach Mettenberger yes absolutely. JJ Watt, on the other hand, anything but. JJ is 1 of the nicest guys you will ever meet Dustin. I know this personally. I will always sing his praises. 

Put a T in front of Watt and there you go....

I get that you are just joking around BOTT & yes, he plays as a division rival in the AFC South, but come on man, JJ's not a self centered ego manic.

When he says stuff like "You mess with me; You got problems" etc. it's just a way to adopt a different persona on the field & get the adrenline flowing that's all.

We're cool BOTT; SW1 is just very protective of guys from my alma mater UW-Madison in football & basketball.  

Uh huh. Part of me wishes like when NFL Network does that segment the N IF L that Lawrence Taylor could have played with JJ in LT's prime. That would have been so freaking awesome! 

You can even put LT in Texans uniform if you want & then just watch those 2 devour QBs alive. Fantastic. LOL! 

Off topic: Is JJ dating anybody right now? Normally, I steer clear of an athlete's social life, but I just want #99 to be happy & content. He deserves that. Okay, back on topic. 

I really respect that he looks up to Vince Wilfork too & wants to learn everything he can from him. I want Houston to do well because it's a quality franchise & Bill O'Brian is a darn good coach. 

I get that you are just joking around BOTT & yes, he plays as a division rival in the AFC South, but come on man, JJ's not a self centered ego manic.

When he says stuff like "You mess with me; You got problems" etc. it's just a way to adopt a different persona on the field & get the adrenline flowing that's all.

We're cool BOTT; SW1 is just very protective of guys from my alma mater UW-Madison in football & basketball.

I like Watt....best defensive player I have ever seen. But he plays for the Texans, so he gets a disparaging nickname lol

Zach Mettenberger yes absolutely. JJ Watt, on the other hand, anything but. JJ is 1 of the nicest guys you will ever meet Dustin. I know this personally. I will always sing his praises.

Why would you consider ZM to be annoying or pretentious? Because he takes selfies? If that is the case then over half the population fits that description.

I would not consider Watt to be a jerk, however I do not understand why he takes offense to or concerns himself with another player taking selfies.

Why would you consider ZM to be annoying or pretentious? Because he takes selfies? If that is the case then over half the population fits that description.

I would not consider Watt to be a jerk, however I do not understand why he takes offense to or concerns himself with another player taking selfies.

I think it was the whole message it sends without meaning to. On one end you have Watt who works his butt off keeping his head down and out of the spotlight except a commercial or 2 in the offseason, On the other end you had Mettenberger plastering his face all over Twitter, spending a lot of time on Twitter even going as far as doing it before the Texans game, That could say to Watt that Mettenberger is cool calm and collective and is not worried about Watt or the Texans defense...So Watt took exception to it

Trivial really...But at the same time it would probably * me off as well if a no name QB was acting like a diva before a game as if my team was a pushover or I was.......That's not to say Mettenberger thought that...But that's the message it sends.....So Watt sent his message on the field...multiple times

On a side note....Its interesting to read about the rest of the divisions squabbles while we just simply get ready for another playoff birth and run

Honestly for me, it boils down to the fact that JJ has more than proven he belongs in the league whereas Zack on the other hand, has proven absolutely nothing on an elite level. Zero, zilch, nada. 

I don't get this selfie obsession at all. It's dumb, lame, & pointless IMO. I didn't grow up with social media or twitter & I used to have a cell phone, but I used it so little that I couldn't justify the expense of keeping it.

JJ is probably looking at the situation like I am. Zack has really nothing to celebrate on a professional football level & selfies creates the false impression that a person is elite & has arrived. Zack deserves credit for making it into the league, but nothing else.  

In short, it's probably a generational gap thing. I'm old school; You prove your value 1st & then once that happens with NFL awards or team contributions, you can be seen in commercials or on the internet as frequently as you want. I value peace & quiet & I let my actions speak for itself.

"Greatness needs no self promotion because everyone else can see it on their own." Zack hasn't figured that out yet. Some guys never do unfortunately. 

At least half

I like Watt....best defensive player I have ever seen. But he plays for the Texans, so he gets a disparaging nickname lol

Yeah, that's what I figured you meant BOTT.  haha It's all good man. Team jabs at a rival in jest are perfectly fine. No real harm done. I know that; JJ knows that & even QuizBoy & Vance know that. 

You asked me a good question about Zack & selfies BTW Cynjin. I wasn't upset at your question & I have no objection to people who use FaceBook, Twitter, or Instagram to post pictures.

Just carry your weight in your profession before I cut you some slack on the celebrity front. That's all I ask. 

If Zack proves me wrong & makes a name for himself down the road, I will acknowledge that fact. But, as it stands now, I am not impressed by him. Perhaps that will change in time.