Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Using The Big Board

Using the updated CBS Big Board

Trade the #1 overall pick to Cleveland for their two firsts and their second this year, their first and second next year. Then trade back from #5 since Kalil, Blackmon, and Claiborne are gone to #8 so Washington can get RGII. Get their first and second round pick this year.

Round One (8)- Dre Kirpatrick CB

Round One (25)- Zach Brown WLB

Round Two (33)- Dontari Poe NT

Round Two (37)- Mark Barron SS

Round Two (40)- Ashlon Jeffrey WR

Round Three- Kelechi Osemele G

Round Four- Michael Brewster C

Round Five- Malik Jackson DE

Round Six- Antoine McClain G

Round Seven- Derek Wolfe DT

It is this years firsts and second and next years first and second from Cleveland for the #1 pick. Adam Schefter said the value is 3 first round picks 2 second round picks.. Cleveland has 2 first round picks this year, so there is the 5 picks.. Then it is a trade down with Washington who wants to move up for RGIII, exchanging firsts and getting their second. What part of that is farfetched? Its a very realistic scenario, and a very strong mock using the Big Board!

Trade the #1 overall pick to Cleveland for their two firsts and their second this year, their first and second next year. Then trade back from #5 since Kalil, Blackmon, and Claiborne are gone to #8 so Washington can get RGII. Get their first and second round pick this year.

Unless they have a dramatic change of philosophy, I have a hard time seeing them investing a high # 1 pick in a corner.

It is this years firsts and second and next years first and second from Cleveland for the #1 pick. Adam Schefter said the value is 3 first round picks 2 second round picks.. Cleveland has 2 first round picks this year, so there is the 5 picks.. Then it is a trade down with Washington who wants to move up for RGIII, exchanging firsts and getting their second. What part of that is farfetched? Its a very realistic scenario, and a very strong mock using the Big Board!

What is farfetched is:

1) passing on Luck (I know your belief, but Luck will be the pick if Colts get the # 1 selection)

2) any mock draft that involves the Colts and trading in round 1 with 2 different teams

3) any mock draft in general, be it from Mel Kiper or a random message board fan

Unless they have a dramatic change of philosophy, I have a hard time seeing them investing a high # 1 pick in a corner.

What is farfetched is:

1) passing on Luck (I know your belief, but Luck will be the pick if Colts get the # 1 selection)

2) any mock draft that involves the Colts and trading in round 1 with 2 different teams

3) any mock draft in general, be it from Mel Kiper or a random message board fan

Passing on Luck is farfetched in your opinion, not mine, so that was just my opinion.... That is what I would do if I were the GM, and that looks like some great compensation, based on who would fall. Well in farness if you are going to be critical of a Mock and how a player won't go here or the Colts won't take this, maybe you would have the Kahoonas to post a mock, while others rip into it...

What is farfetched is:

I don't know, if you read the latest Polian Corner he makes it sound like CB is a position he is lokking at very closely. And don't forget in 2005? we drafted Jackson in the first, granted, not this high, and then followed with Hayden in the second.

Having said that, there seems to be corners to be had in the second and third rounds as well, so we may tartget someone else.

Passing on Luck is farfetched in your opinion, not mine, so that was just my opinion.... That is what I would do if I were the GM, and that looks like some great compensation, based on who would fall. Well in farness if you are going to be critical of a Mock and how a player won't go here or the Colts won't take this, maybe you would have the Kahoonas to post a mock, while others rip into it...

I have never and will never do a mock draft. They are all at once entertaining and pointless. It has nothing to do with having enough sack to put one out. Even the most informed people don't come close to being right.

My opinion on Luck and the Colts is no more valid than yours, except for the fact that I am 99% certain they will take him if he is available to them.

I have never and will never do a mock draft. They are all at once entertaining and pointless. It has nothing to do with having enough sack to put one out. Even the most informed people don't come close to being right.

My opinion on Luck and the Colts is no more valid than yours, except for the fact that I am 99% certain they will take him if he is available to them.

Time will tell.. I think Sunday will give a better glimpse into the Colts future, as will March 8th.

I wouldn't do it if I were the Browns and here is why. Holmgren is the man in charge and he was able to win with Matt Hasselback and the Seahawks when Matt was nothing more than a career backup. Colt McCoy is as good as Matt, imo. He brought in Shurmur just for Colt, so he's keeping him and using his picks wisely to build the team. Seahawks were nothing before he went there.

I wouldn't do it if I were the Browns and here is why. Holmgren is the man in charge and he was able to win with Matt Hasselback and the Seahawks when Matt was nothing more than a career backup. Colt McCoy is as good as Matt, imo. He brought in Shurmur just for Colt, so he's keeping him and using his picks wisely to build the team. Seahawks were nothing before he went there.

The Browns are very mysterious and a true wild card to me.. What they do in the offseason will validate the direction they are headed in the draft. The Browns have a large amount of cap space they need to spend this offseason.. if they resign Hillis and go after a impact WR and make a play at a pass rusher like an Osi or Mathis... chances are they will be using those picks to trade up for Luck. With all their cap space I see them have more of an interest to fill some holes with proven veteran free agents, to compliment the talented young pieces they have... McCoy is average, nothing about his game play is special, I think they could be a majoy player for Luck..

That’s why I give short shrift to people who say, ‘The quarterback is all you need. If you have the quarterback, everything else will fall into place.’ That’s not true at all. This is a team game, and it’s the ultimate team game.

I don't know why but this part caught my eye in his latest Polian Corner.

the seahawks were mediocre until they took away some of holmgren's player personnel duties.....

as a colts fan, would you give up this years 1st & 2nd, 2013 1st & 2nd, and 2014 1st & 2nd to get the 1st pick this year?

you didn't answer the question. i would never do this trade, as it is close to what you are asking cleveland to give the colts.

your scenario is a great fantasy, but there are other teams bargaining on the other side of every trade. this is very one sided for the colts.

I took a close look at your mock,and i have a couple of problems with it.I think brown,jeffrey and brewster are bad picks IMHO.That's way to early to reach for brown and jeffrey is going to be a bust(he's fat,lazy and a horrid route runner).He's not a manning type of guy.I think we already have our center in pollack,so no need to draft another...unless saturday retires.Instead,i would take minnifield at 25,cousins at 40 and joe adams in the forth.I would even consider montee ball at 25,because i think he's a special type of player.He has an 'IT FACTOR'.

you didn't answer the question. i would never do this trade, as it is close to what you are asking cleveland to give the colts.

your scenario is a great fantasy, but there are other teams bargaining on the other side of every trade. this is very one sided for the colts.

That is not what I suggested, I clearly answered your question, with showing you how what I said with what you said don't match! The #1 overall pick for Cleveland's 2 first round picks and their second round pick. Then their first and second next year. That is 3 #1's and 2 #2"s which is what Schefter said the value would be for Luck. That is also this years draft and next, so 2012 and 2013... your adding 2014 to the equation, which I never said. Therefore I am not answering your question when it is not what I said! The other #1 and #2 are with Washington this year who are trading up for Griffin... so we swap firsts and get their second... the trades involve two teams! And it may be unrealistic to trade back twice... but with who would be gone, as I suggested Kalil, Blackmon, Claiborne are gone at #5, that's why I would trade down with Washington!

I took a close look at your mock,and i have a couple of problems with it.I think brown,jeffrey and brewster are bad picks IMHO.That's way to early to reach for brown and jeffrey is going to be a bust(he's fat,lazy and a horrid route runner).He's not a manning type of guy.I think we already have our center in pollack,so no need to draft another...unless saturday retires.Instead,i would take minnifield at 25,cousins at 40 and joe adams in the forth.I would even consider montee ball at 25,because i think he's a special type of player.He has an 'IT FACTOR'.

Jeffrey at 40 would be a steal! Yes he has gotten lazy this season, his QB play has been poor.. And he may have a bad attitude, but under Manning, there will be no reason to be anything but hungry to succeed with the Greatest of All Time throwing you the ball! Brown is projected as a first round and recent mocks have him falling out of the first round... thats fine I would take Brown at 33 and take Barron in the first to ensure the Colts get him...You have to be joking if you think Pollack is a quality replacement...

Jeffrey at 40 would be a steal! Yes he has gotten lazy this season, his QB play has been poor.. And he may have a bad attitude, but under Manning, there will be no reason to be anything but hungry to succeed with the Greatest of All Time throwing you the ball! Brown is projected as a first round and recent mocks have him falling out of the first round... thats fine I would take Brown at 33 and take Barron in the first to ensure the Colts get him...You have to be joking if you think Pollack is a quality replacement...

Question:Don't we get extra picks for sessions' and johnson leaving?If so,then what round?We could sure use those picks in this deep draft!

I think Minnifield could be around in one of those multiple second round picks... I would take Dennard at 25!

Question:Don't we get extra picks for sessions' and johnson leaving?If so,then what round?We could sure use those picks in this deep draft!

I thought it was contract based and maybe a 4th or 5th for Session and a 6th or 7th for Charlie Johnson, but I am really not sure, because we went out and got multiple players in free agency despite losing two players. If it is contract based, there will be compensation... But I am honestly not sure..

I think Minnifield could be around in one of those multiple second round picks... I would take Dennard at 25!

I think alot of it depends on reggie and if he resigns or not.If he does,then your board is pretty good,but if not,then we must totally redo it.I'm going by your formula regarding the trades.

Round One (25)- Montee Ball RB(I think most fans would scream at this selection,but he reminds me of barry sanders and i just can't pass him up)

Round Two (40)- Chase Minnifield CB(He plays like his dad and that's a good thing)

Round Three- kirk Cousins QB(He's the perfect colt in my eyes.He's another tim tebow,but with actual talent).

Round Four- Joe Adams WR(Could be the steal of the draft.He's an instant upgrade for our ST'S).

Round Five- Malik Jackson DE(A safe solid pick).

P.S.We may get even more comp picks as well.And any mock without 'LUCK' is a good thing in my eyes.

I think alot of it depends on reggie and if he resigns or not.If he does,then your board is pretty good,but if not,then we must totally redo it.I'm going by your formula regarding the trades.

Round One (25)- Montee Ball RB(I think most fans would scream at this selection,but he reminds me of barry sanders and i just can't pass him up)

Round Two (40)- Chase Minnifield CB(He plays like his dad and that's a good thing)

Round Three- kirk Cousins QB(He's the perfect colt in my eyes.He's another tim tebow,but with actual talent).

Round Four- Joe Adams WR(Could be the steal of the draft.He's an instant upgrade for our ST'S).

Round Five- Malik Jackson DE(A safe solid pick).

P.S.We may get even more comp picks as well.And any mock without 'LUCK' is a good thing in my eyes.

Yes my mock includes resigning our own only if affordable mainly for Mathis, Wayne, and Gacron. Otherwise I may have taken Coples with the first selection... But let me ask you if you like Minnifield, then the Colts don't need Kirpatrick... Powers is still in the equation... So then the first pick could be used on another position of need... if going Running back I would prefer Richardson in the first round! And there needs to be a WLB drafted....

Yes,i would still take kirkpatrick and minnifield...both.I've lost confidence in powers,because he's injury prone.Even if healthy,i still think powers,kirkpatrick,minnifield and lacey(or thomas)sound all right to me.And i think minnifield would beatout powers for the starting job.So imagine this secondary...

LCB:Dre Kirkpatrick

RCB:Chase Minnifield

Nickelbacks:Powers and lacey

SS:Bethea/Lefeged

FS:Bullit/barron(I would consider starting barron)

My only concern is that's such a young secondary.

I don't think we need any linebackers,unless a mega talented one falls deep into round 2.And i would still take ball over richardson.I love ball and he's a probowl type of back.

Yes,i would still take kirkpatrick and minnifield...both.I've lost confidence in powers,because he's injury prone.Even if healthy,i still think powers,kirkpatrick,minnifield and lacey(or thomas)sound all right to me.And i think minnifield would beatout powers for the starting job.So imagine this secondary...

LCB:Dre Kirkpatrick

RCB:Chase Minnifield

Nickelbacks:Powers and lacey

SS:Bethea/Lefeged

FS:Bullit/barron(I would consider starting barron)

My only concern is that's such a young secondary.

I don't think we need any linebackers,unless a mega talented one falls deep into round 2.And i would still take ball over richardson.I love ball and he's a probowl type of back.

You have the safety positions reversed... But I know what you ment, and I would start Barron over that injury prone chump Bullitt anyday! Bullitt is a back-up and special team player... I would only choose one of those 2 CB's in my opinion.. I am going to do a new mock with that in mind.

Wow. I wish.

There is no chance of us getting 5 picks for our No.1.

The best you can do is get their two No.1 s for our No. 1..and even then we might have to swap No. 2s

I do like your choices..though... :yes:

Trade the #1 Overall Pick to Cleveland for their two first round picks, their second round pick this year. In addition to their first and second round picks next year.

The first pick could be subject to change if the Colts do not retain Wayne or Mathis, based on who was available, and this also assumes moving away from the Tampa 2, Claiborne is a man to man corner.

Round One (4)- Morris Claiborne CB

Round One (25)- Mark Barron SS

Round Two (33)- Whitney Mercilus DE

Round Two (38)- Brandon Thompson NT

Round Three- Lavonte David or Sean Spence WLB

Round Four- Amini Silatolu G

Round Five- Nigel Bradham or Emmanuel Acho LB

Round Five (Compensatory)- Joe Adams WR

Round Six- Marcus Zusevkis G/T

Round Seven- Case Keenum QB

Using the updated CBS Big Board Trade the #1 overall pick to Cleveland for their two firsts and their second this year, their first and second next year. Then trade back from #5 since Kalil, Blackmon, and Claiborne are gone to #8 so Washington can get RGII. Get their first and second round pick this year. Round One (8)- Dre Kirpatrick CB Round One (25)- Zach Brown WLB Round Two (33)- Dontari Poe NT Round Two (37)- Mark Barron SS Round Two (40)- Ashlon Jeffrey WR Round Three- Kelechi Osemele G Round Four- Michael Brewster C Round Five- Malik Jackson DE Round Six- Antoine McClain G Round Seven- Derek Wolfe DT

I

If I had the picks in the mock draft at the top of the draft, I would pick:

Round 1 - 8. Morris Claiborne, CB LSU

7. Brandon Thompson, DT Clemson

Round 2 - 33. Cordy Glenn, G/OT Georgia or Kelechi Osemele, G/OT Iowa State

37. Alshon Jeffey, WR South Carolina

40. Mark Barron, SS Alabama

Round 3 - Stephen Gilmore, CB South Carolina

Round 4 - Sean Spence, OLB Miami

Round 5 - Michael Egnew, TE Missour

Round 6 - Chris Rainey, RB/WR Florida

Round 7 -

Too many picks! I don't know who to draft.

If I had the picks in the mock draft at the top of the draft, I would pick:

Round 1 - 8. Morris Claiborne, CB LSU

7. Brandon Thompson, DT Clemson

Round 2 - 33. Cordy Glenn, G/OT Georgia or Kelechi Osemele, G/OT Iowa State

37. Alshon Jeffey, WR South Carolina

40. Mark Barron, SS Alabama

Round 3 - Stephen Gilmore, CB South Carolina

Round 4 - Sean Spence, OLB Miami

Round 5 - Michael Egnew, TE Missour

Round 6 - Chris Rainey, RB/WR Florida

Round 7 -

Too many picks! I don't know who to draft.

haha I think my most recent one at the bottom represent an accurate trade down with just one team and that being Cleveland...

Trade the #1 Overall Pick to Cleveland for their two first round picks, their second round pick this year. In addition to their first and second round picks next year.

The first pick could be subject to change if the Colts do not retain Wayne or Mathis, based on who was available, and this also assumes moving away from the Tampa 2, Claiborne is a man to man corner.

Round One (4)- Morris Claiborne CB

Round One (25)- Mark Barron SS

Round Two (33)- Whitney Mercilus DE

Round Two (38)- Brandon Thompson NT

Round Three- Lavonte David or Sean Spence WLB

Round Four- Amini Silatolu G

Round Five- Nigel Bradham or Emmanuel Acho LB

Round Five (Compensatory)- Joe Adams WR

Round Six- Marcus Zusevkis G/T

Round Seven- Case Keenum QB

After looking at both claiborne and kirkpatrick,i would pull the trigger for kirkpatrick over claiborne.I think morris has some flaws to his game.I love the motor,skills and hustle of dre!The mercilus pick i simply wouldn't do,because we still have hughes,and even if mathis leaves,i would go ahead and start him and cross my fingers and hope for the best.I also would pass on thompson,but i wouldn't be surprised if we actually do pick him,because he fits our mold.I think spence could be had alot latter in the draft.The joe adams pick would be a steal for us!I really like him as well!I think he's similiar to percy harvin.I would go with vinny curry in the draft slot that you have spence.

P.S.And we will also get a comp pick for CJ.I think the comp pick for session is either a 4th or a 5th and the one for CJ is a 6th or 7th.But i'm not totally for sure.I would like to trade back twice(i don't see why not),but i think realistically just once is more likely.

After looking at both claiborne and kirkpatrick,i would pull the trigger for kirkpatrick over claiborne.I think morris has some flaws to his game.I love the motor,skills and hustle of dre!The mercilus pick i simply wouldn't do,because we still have hughes,and even if mathis leaves,i would go ahead and start him and cross my fingers and hope for the best.I also would pass on thompson,but i wouldn't be surprised if we actually do pick him,because he fits our mold.I think spence could be had alot latter in the draft.The joe adams pick would be a steal for us!I really like him as well!I think he's similiar to percy harvin.I would go with vinny curry in the draft slot that you have spence.

P.S.And we will also get a comp pick for CJ.I think the comp pick for session is either a 4th or a 5th and the one for CJ is a 6th or 7th.But i'm not totally for sure.I would like to trade back twice(i don't see why not),but i think realistically just once is more likely.

Sean Spence may fall...but I don't see it being that late! Otherwise that's a steal! Vinny Curry is projected to be a possible first, more than likely second round pick!