Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DaRick Rodgers: Cut by the Chiefs....

He's done. 

Maybe in the NFL, but he'll likely get a shot in Canada or in Arena league.  He could play there a couple years, fix his life, and get a new shot in the NFL similar to Carter.

If you are really talented or show a lot of potential you are going to get a lot of opportunities and chances.  That's just the way it is.  

I think he's too talented to be done (depending on what he did to get cut).  I think he can still contribute to a team.  For some reason, I think he'd be a good fit in Cincinnati.

Well considering at one point they had both Ochocinco AND Terrell Owens, I'd say anyone would be a good fit there.

Yeah....it's called sucking

You really think so? Rogers had all kinds of talent. His first game was a 100 yard performance against Cincy. And remember the catch against KC in the playoffs? The one that started our comeback? Rogers showed flashes of star potential. He just had issues staying out of trouble. I honestly believe if he had never gotten in trouble, he could have been a legit number 1 WR in the league. Now, depending on what he's done now he may not get another chance in the NFL this year. His best shot may be to go to Canada, tear it up, and get another shot in a year or 2 in the NFL with some team. Like Carter has done.

You really think so? Rogers had all kinds of talent. His first game was a 100 yard performance against Cincy. And remember the catch against KC in the playoffs? The one that started our comeback? Rogers showed flashes of star potential. He just had issues staying out of trouble. I honestly believe if he had never gotten in trouble, he could have been a legit number 1 WR in the league. Now, depending on what he's done now he may not get another chance in the NFL this year. His best shot may be to go to Canada, tear it up, and get another shot in a year or 2 in the NFL with some team. Like Carter has done.

Rofers was garbage. I wanted him to do well for us but, then I began to look closer when he was on the field. This guy was giving up on the play almost every single time the play was not coming to his side of the field. He could have at least engaged a defender in hopes it would generate yards for his teammates who were getting the ball.

Moncrief is everything Rogers should have been and more. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Rofers was garbage. I wanted him to do well for us but, then I began to look closer when he was on the field. This guy was giving up on the play almost every single time the play was not coming to his side of the field. He could have at least engaged a defender in hopes it would generate yards for his teammates who were getting the ball.

Moncrief is everything Rogers should have been and more. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

But you still cant deny the potential, the size, the athleticism, and just the pure talent and ability he possessed.

But you still cant deny the potential, the size, the athleticism, and just the pure talent and ability he possessed.

Well I can definitely deny the potential and ability parts... Just like he did.

I think he's too talented to be done (depending on what he did to get cut).  I think he can still contribute to a team.  For some reason, I think he'd be a good fit in Cincinnati.

Lots of ability but really poor route runner....

But you still cant deny the potential, the size, the athleticism, and just the pure talent and ability he possessed.[/quote

he's been unable to make it in the NFL, catching just 14 passes for 192 yards and two touchdowns while bouncing through three franchises.

It's undeniable

Physical monster with decent hands.  He'll find a job somewhere, unless he got busted for another DUI or something

Probably gets one more chance to stick with a team. Lets remember he went undrafted , so no real interest to begin with.

We don't know yet,  but he must've done....   something....

Otherwise, why would you cut someone right before the start of your mandatory mini-camp?

He reportedly got waived by Buffalo because of a poor work ethic and just not being impressive in practice. Seems like the same kind of situation here. His best shot was in Indy, and he messed it up with a DUI. 

Kansas City, a team that badly needs quality WR's has now cut former Colts WR DaRick Rodgers.

The Chiefs have not yet said why.......

The kid may be running out of chances....   (if he hasn't already....)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13089352/kansas-city-chiefs-release-wr-darick-rogers

From what I've read it has some things to do with the play and development of Chris Conley.  Seems the arrow is pointing the right way, so they were comfortable in releasing him.  Conley to me is a similar style player with more speed.

It's so annoying, and yet so sad that he can't tame the beast with in. Next article on him may include him receiving some medical treatment, and a doctor pleading his case to the nfl for reinstatement. If he hasn't figured it out before turning 26, then i'd say he probably done.....

But you still cant deny the potential, the size, the athleticism, and just the pure talent and ability he possessed.

That describes a lot of physically impressive receivers who have failed in the NFL.

Maybe in the NFL, but he'll likely get a shot in Canada or in Arena league.  He could play there a couple years, fix his life, and get a new shot in the NFL similar to Carter.

If you are really talented or show a lot of potential you are going to get a lot of opportunities and chances.  That's just the way it is.  

carter never actually did anything all that bad.  his story is that he was born into a rich family, and didnt want to pursue a degree that he had no use for.  unfortunately for him, for most people there is no other path to the nfl other than playing college ball.

as we know he was able to do very well in the cfl and convinve grigs that he might nfl talent after all. 

carter never actually did anything all that bad.  his story is that he was born into a rich family, and didnt want to pursue a degree that he had no use for.  unfortunately for him, for most people there is no other path to the nfl other than playing college ball.

as we know he was able to do very well in the cfl and convinve grigs that he might nfl talent after all. 

I've heard he had a similar poor work ethic while trying to play college ball.  

But to be fair I will agree, Carter's problems where never really legal issues, he didn't break the law that I can remember.  Just hated school a lot.

Carter was on the weed kick too I think their stories are similar. The difference is Rogers stuck in the NFL Carter didn't have it could not make a PS so he had to go to the CFL.

Has it helped him mature and their stories end differently? I hope so