Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Deflategate merge -- pending appeal results

Bad Morty

He stated that OPINION prior to actually doing any tests...then all of a sudden they are out of the picture in favor of the "sure Tobacco Industry - we'll get you a report that says second hand smoke doesn't cause cancer!" folks.

Wrong again. They were "out of the picture" because they chose not to field the NFL's questions, not because they came to different conclusions than the NFL. But you keep spinning and deflecting without any proof.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong again. They were "out of the picture" because they chose not to field the NFL's questions, not because they came to different conclusions than the NFL. But you keep spinning and deflecting without any proof.

And I wonder why they "chose not to field the questions"? Could it possibly be because an Ivy League university wasn't willing to compromise it's integrity by selling a rigged science report the way Exponent did?

And I wonder why they "chose not to field the questions"? Could it possibly be because an Ivy League university wasn't willing to compromise it's integrity by selling a rigged science report the way Exponent did?

Could it possibly be you are now grasping for straws? You have come up with just about every deflection and whine that could be thought of. You have pushed your opinion so far that it has become a joke. Fandom has taken over your ability to face the facts.

Where is your proof of that?

Here's a funny or not video of Bill the Science Guy on Bill Belichicks 'science' press conference---

***  Warning a spot or or where bee[ed out curse words- and a global warming rant...  ***

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/3d0c94936c/bill-nye-addresses-deflategate?_cc=__d___&_ccid=umsr5n.nqno7s

No, I don't think this is a peer reviewable scientific test...    LOL

(  Bill Nye, the Seahawk guy!  )

Funny. I doubt a few will find it that way? haha

Except Harbaugh denied more than once that anything was wrong with the Pats balls during that game. And Wells spent 100 days to try to find a history and came up with nada ...

"And Wells spent 100 days to try to find a history and came up with nada"

I thought the Wells Report was garbage, IYO. You know, the thing that's going to be shred to pieces in court.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, July 1, 2015 - baiting
Hidden by Nadine, July 1, 2015 - baiting

Just like you, I'm stil waiting for the Colts to get their fine/loss of picks for their role in the sting operation and deflating a souvenir ball which apparently is illegal.

I'm still waiting for the Colts to come within 20 of the Pats in a game...

Just like you, I'm stil waiting for the Colts to get their fine/loss of picks for their role in the sting operation and deflating a souvenir ball which apparently is illegal.

I think you missed it. The Colts were fined $200 but our equipment manager took an online course on how to properly stab a football and the fine was waived. As far as draft picks , they are talking about a 2030 17th rounder ... providing they go to 20 rounds by that year.

Last sentence- Goodell arguably has nothing to gain and everything to lose by voluntary allowing Brady to play in every game in the 2015 season. IMO Goodell does not want to sound weak and the four games stand is what I got out of this article.

Last sentence- Goodell arguably has nothing to gain and everything to lose by voluntary allowing Brady to play in every game in the 2015 season. IMO Goodell does not want to sound weak and the four games stand is what I got out of this article.

He has potentially a lot to lose if Brady takes it all the way to court.

I think you missed it. The Colts were fined $200 but our equipment manager took an online course on how to properly stab a football and the fine was waived. As far as draft picks , they are talking about a 2030 17th rounder ... providing they go to 20 rounds by that year.

Don't forget the NFL will require the Colts private room to have a have an urinals or toilet installed. There will be no more restrooms allowed without toilets or urinals.

Don't forget the NFL will require the Colts private room to have a have an urinals or toilet installed. There will be no more restrooms allowed without toilets or urinals.

Actually the ones without urinals or toilets are the newest things. Started out here in CA because of our drought. Saves water as you just pee on your shoes and save the water used for flushing.

He has potentially a lot to lose if Brady takes it all the way to court.

This ain't going to court. And besides, what does he have to lose at all? Goodell is a paid employee and follows the direction of majority ownership. The owners are the ones who hire and fire the commish. He has been paid millions of dollars already and as long as the owners make their money Goodell will not be going anywhere. If the owners do fire him they will just put another yes man in his place. You seem to think that Goodell has all this power? He is only as strong as the majority ownership allows him to be. You and some think Goodell is the be all for the NFL? Not hardly.

Sure. But if this goes to court than the appeal becomes part of the equation and a big part at that depending on how Roger rules and his reasons for upholding the suspension or part of it.

His reasons? Brady's non cooperation in an NFL investigation is reason enough. According to the NFFPA contract Goodell has control over fines and suspension and can do as he sees fit. This is an in house infraction so any other players past has no bearing. The players in the past that have had their suspensions lowered or vacated have faced criminal court where Brady has not. You used the word "if" so there is doubt in your mind that this will go any farther. IMO it will not go any farther because of a few factors already talked about. I will hope that when this is finally over we don't have to continue to hear about how Brady and the Patriots have been railroaded and picked upon. To bring that up at a later time would be of no use except to bring negativity to the forum.

That is an interesting scenario by Florio having Brady pay the game checks but be able to play. I don't believe that has ever happened before and I would doubt Brady would go for it. This just isn't about playing or getting paid but getting his name cleared. They will have to come up with a better deal than that I think to satisfy him.

You used the word "if" so there is doubt in your mind that this will go any farther. IMO it will not go any farther because of a few factors already talked about. I will hope that when this is finally over we don't have to continue to hear about how Brady and the Patriots have been railroaded and picked upon. To bring that up at a later time would be of no use except to bring negativity to the forum.

I have been saying "if" this whole time if you read my posts. I don't believe Brady wants to go to court and neither does the NFL so I would hope cooler heads prevail. I have said from the start that I hope this ends with the appeal, whatever it is.

In terms of your last sentence, so you are saying I am not entitled to my opinion?

Oy vey.....Do you even read the links that you post in here? That was 3 guys opinions, (one of them being that Cole guy that you claim to be the almighty NFL representative that conceded for the league)and 2 of them even seem convinced that brady is guilty and said this will follow him all the way to Canton "IF"" he gets in. You're spinning the wrong direction bud.

I have been saying "if" this whole time if you read my posts. I don't believe Brady wants to go to court and neither does the NFL so I would hope cooler heads prevail. I have said from the start that I hope this ends with the appeal, whatever it is.

In terms of your last sentence, so you are saying I am not entitled to my opinion?

Is that what I said? Now you are spinning everything said.

Is that what I said? Now you are spinning everything said.

You said, "I will hope that when this is finally over we don't have to continue to hear about how Brady and the Patriots have been railroaded and picked upon. To bring that up at a later time would be of no use except to bring negativity to the forum."

I read that as I am not entitled to my opinion if it goes against the majority view.

Of course none of this take into account the fact that Brady is still playing and is continuing to write his legacy. IF he does play as long as he desires at a high level of play, he could end up in the top 3 or 2 or even 1 for stats. Right now he is at least top 5 or higher in all the major ones. Also, what about other deep playoff runs or a potential 5th ring? It is these things that will determine his final legacy much more than deflategate. As one of the writers said, he already is the only iconic, multiple SB winning QB that would be in the Hall without having a hall of fame receiver for the majority of his career. This goes along with what Suggs said that he has won with whatever personnel he has had. It is those things that will define him ultimately not unproven air ball pressure.

Are you still looking for the link that proves this bolded statement?  How much time do you need?  I am really interested in seeing your proof of why those professors chose not to field the NFL's questions.

Or was it just more spin from you?

Are you still looking for the link that proves this bolded statement?  How much time do you need?  I am really interested in seeing your proof of why those professors chose not to field the NFL's questions.

Or was it just more spin from you?

generally when one starts a sentence with "could it be", what follows from there is clearly an opinion/speculation.

Oy vey.....Do you even read the links that you post in here? That was 3 guys opinions, (one of them being that Cole guy that you claim to be the almighty NFL representative that conceded for the league)and 2 of them even seem convinced that brady is guilty and said this will follow him all the way to Canton "IF"" he gets in. You're spinning the wrong direction bud.

Math - it can be tricky...

But extending that thought further and given the fervor that exists for Hall of Fame voting, I wondered if Brady (a first-ballot lock for Canton based on his play) would suffer at all in the minds of Pro Football Hall of Fame voters. So last week I contacted eight of the 46 Pro Football Hall of Fame voters (SI voters can speak for themselves in their own columns) to ask the group if their evaluation of Brady for the Hall had changed at all with the Wells Report. As you might have predicted, based on this sample, Brady appears to be in little trouble as a first ballot Hall of Famer if nothing new comes to light.

One guy out of eight said "maybe possibly might affect his 'first ballot' status. Everyone else already thinks "deflategate" is a non issue and a joke. 5 years from now people with laugh at the hysteria and garbage that was spewed by haters who thought (hoped and prayed, actually) that this would somehow leave a mark. As one HOF voter said, this doesn't even rank anywhere close to the level of offense that a PED suspension carries, and nobody ever gives a 2nd thought about the legitimacy of guys who get busted for that.

But extending that thought further and given the fervor that exists for Hall of Fame voting, I wondered if Brady (a first-ballot lock for Canton based on his play) would suffer at all in the minds of Pro Football Hall of Fame voters. So last week I contacted eight of the 46 Pro Football Hall of Fame voters (SI voters can speak for themselves in their own columns) to ask the group if their evaluation of Brady for the Hall had changed at all with the Wells Report. As you might have predicted, based on this sample, Brady appears to be in little trouble as a first ballot Hall of Famer if nothing new comes to light.

One guy out of eight said "maybe possibly might affect his 'first ballot' status. Everyone else already thinks "deflategate" is a non issue and a joke. 5 years from now people with laugh at the hysteria and garbage that was spewed by haters who thought (hoped and prayed, actually) that this would somehow leave a mark. As one HOF voter said, this doesn't even rank anywhere close to the level of offense that a PED suspension carries, and nobody ever gives a 2nd thought about the legitimacy of guys who get busted for that.

SpyGate, DeFlateGate, and any other "Gate" surrounding the Patriots are already set in stone. It'll take decades for the cement to dry.

SpyGate, DeFlateGate, and any other "Gate" surrounding the Patriots are already set in stone. It'll take decades for the cement to dry.

Among Colts fans, yes...I agree. The Patriots have caused you all a great deal of grief. I still can't believe you only got 1 superbowl with Manning. So I expect that from your perspective, the Patriots will always be illegitimate. That's the natural response. Same with Jets fans, who have to die inside every time they see Belichick hoisting the trophy, knowing that he was their coach ever so briefly until he rejected them for New England. But there are 32 teams in the league, and most of their fan bases have no real history with the Patriots. Among that wider group, nobody is going to be too worked up about this probably by week 2 of this year, let alone 7 plus years down the road when it comes time to recognize the greatest QB in the history of the game.

Among Colts fans, yes...I agree. The Patriots have caused you all a great deal of grief. I still can't believe you only got 1 superbowl with Manning. So I expect that from your perspective, the Patriots will always be illegitimate. That's the natural response. Same with Jets fans, who have to die inside every time they see Belichick hoisting the trophy, knowing that he was their coach ever so briefly until he rejected them for New England. But there are 32 teams in the league, and most of their fan bases have no real history with the Patriots. Among that wider group, nobody is going to be too worked up about this probably by week 2 of this year, let alone 7 plus years down the road when it comes time to recognize the greatest QB in the history of the game.

True you're only the 2nd most hated franchise according to recent polls :P

http://www.syracuse.com/superbowl/index.ssf/2015/01/super_bowl_2015_poll_new_england_patriots_hated_nfl_team_seahawks_cowboys.html

Posting links can be tricky too apparently, because that info you posted there is not anywhere to be found on the article you linked, unless I'm missing something?

So 8 of 56 that were "contacted?" Hmm that's not a very convincing number.

Of course it won't.   Brady being 'generally aware' that his footballs were being manipulated to get them the way Tom says he likes them is about the same in my mind that a MLB player is generally aware he has a corked bat within the arsenal of bats he brings to the ball park.  He pulls out the wrong (corked) bat and gets sawed off and it explodes wood chips and cork onto the field.  8-10 game suspension.  But that won't give the guy an asterisk, nor keep him out of the HOF if otherwise he deserved it.  And Brady should get 1 game for the incident, and 1 more for obstruction the investigation.  The one game is similar to the 8-10 a baseball player gets for a corked bat.

If Brady's suspension is reduced to two games, then I feel it is reasonable and justice served.  Then move on.  If Tom continues to fight tooth and nail, then I hope the whole 4 game penalty is upheld when it is said and done.  Then, again, just move on.