Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eagles release Evan Mathis [Merge]

21isSuperman

Franchising Thomas and all those free agent signings in 2013 and 2014. But I'm sure they could make it.

Yeah, superman said they have the space.

I do wonder though if Elway has switched gears and is no longer in the SB or bust mentality like he was in 2012. I think in his head he always knew that was a 3 year plan and now with the coaching change I wonder if he is more planning for the long term as well as the short. That is what I see anyways from reading the tea leaves this past off-season.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Von Miller coming up, too. They'd have some work to do, but it's not like it's impossible for them.

I just looked at their cap page and it would have to include signing Thomas or Miller to a new contract. I doubt they could mess with PM anymore and I don't see a lot more they can do. Where there's a will there's a way but it would be tough. The Colts on the other hand have that 3.5 mill contract for D Thomas...

Yeah, superman said they have the space.

I do wonder though if Elway has switched gears and is no longer in the SB or bust mentality like he was in 2012. I think in his head he always knew that was a 3 year plan and now with the coaching change I wonder if he is more planning for the long term as well as the short. That is what I see anyways from reading the tea leaves this past off-season.

I don't believe they have the space as we speak. What SM meant is they could make it.

I don't believe they have the space as we speak. What SM meant is they could make it.

If they wanted, they could do it now, depending on structure and future considerations and guarantees. But that would be tough.

They have $127m committed in 2016. A long term deal for DT could easily reduce his 2015 cap hold. Same for Von Miller. They could squeeze some space from Ware. 

If they wanted, they could do it now, depending on structure and future considerations and guarantees. But that would be tough.

They have $127m committed in 2016. A long term deal for DT could easily reduce his 2015 cap hold. Same for Von Miller. They could squeeze some space from Ware. 

Yeah.. Ware was the only guy I saw that they could restructure but he's approaching 33 years old... Way smarter (IMO) just to sign either Thomas or Miller to a new deal. No way they let either guy be a FA anyway...

Yeah.. Ware was the only guy I saw that they could restructure but he's approaching 33 years old... Way smarter (IMO) just to sign either Thomas or Miller to a new deal. No way they let either guy be a FA anyway...

They don't have a lot of unamortized bonus on Ware as it stands. There's a good chance he could be released after this season anyways. That's why I saw him as a potential candidate.

But you're right, it's more prudent to get Miller and Thomas taken care of.