Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bears might not re-sign Forte

LordHelpOurColts

First they MIGHT not resign him....

Second..... It would be great for the Colts to have any good proven RB.

Third..... No thanks! He might have over 1,000 yards for the past couple seasons but last year he didn't really play that great. The whole team didn't though I guess. Forte seems to be a guy that will want over paid also. I am completely fine with Gore and a younger back such as Boom or Robinson.

In my opinion the Colts should have probably drafted a young RB earlier in this years draft because there were some studs out there. Any of those guys could have been their RB of the future and could have split with Gore their first couple seasons.

I'm still excited to see if Robinson can be an impactful player!

Third..... No thanks! He might have over 1,000 yards for the past couple seasons but last year he didn't really play that great. The whole team didn't though I guess. Forte seems to be a guy that will want over paid also. I am completely fine with Gore and a younger back such as Boom or Robinson.

In my opinion the Colts should have probably drafted a young RB earlier in this years draft because there were some studs out there. Any of those guys could have been their RB of the future and could have split with Gore their first couple seasons.

He was the highlight of their offense last year...had 102 receptions for over 800 yards... Not exactly a weak performance.

Bears fan here I don't like Forte and he doesn't fit with the Colts , good in open field does not run with Heart. :thmup:

Did not know you were a Bears fan. I have always liked Forte. He gets hurt a lot but when he plays, he seems to be one of the better RBs.

Did not know you were a Bears fan. I have always liked Forte. He gets hurt a lot but when he plays, he seems to be one of the better RBs.

As long as theres gaping holes , what I mean by open field , but hes not great between the tackles. Im Colts first , however the Bears are my second team. :thmup: IMO  not worth the money , think we have a better RB in Gore.

Why would they? He's only like 80% of their offense.

I know right. He's still an extremely productive back. Matt shouldn't get any flack for Cutler's incompetence on the football field. I can't imagine John Fox letting him go or phasing out his touches. John's not stupid. 

Who's Jay's backup? Jimmy Clausen. He's servicable nothing spectacular though. 

To go from Peyton Manning to crybaby Cutler. LOL! That's not a drop off that's falling off a freaking mountain man. Ouch! Hang in there Fox. It's gonna be brutal. 

I can't wait to see those Jay I don't give a bleep press conferences whenever the Bears lose. They're morbidly fascinating to watch. Jay's boredom & complete indifference I mean. The Chicago fan base deserves much better than him. He acts like he won a SB & there's no way he's getting past Aaron Rogers this year. 

If he is released would love to see the Pats pick him up.

He's looks good in black & orange. I don't want to see him in another uniform.  I don't blame you for wanting him, but NE can't always get the star veteran free agent with decent tread still on the tires. Nice try though.  :D

Bears  fan here I don't like Forte and he doesn't fit with the Colts , good in open field does not run with Heart. :thmup: 

Trust me Jay, if you played with Cutler, you'd lose your passion for winning & lunging for that extra yard too as the season progressed. Cutler's not exactly inspirational or awe inspiring demeanor wise. 

He's got a rocket for an arm yes, but so did Jeff George, & he never won any shiny hardware either. Jay doesn't listen to any coach: Shanahan, Smith, Trestman, all fired...Are you detecting a pattern here? I sure am. 

I'm a Matt Forte fan.    I think he's very good.    A modern-day, poor-man's Marcus Allen.    Similar style game.

But he's roughly 30, and in the last year of a deal that has paid him, on average, $7.5 mill per.

His next deal,  whoever it's with,  is going to be for less.   Most likely $4-5 Mill per.    The world has changed for RB's.

I'd like to keep an eye on this....   a possible free agent next year?    Hmmm.........?

I'm a Matt Forte fan.    I think he's very good.    A modern-day, poor-man's Marcus Allen.    Similar style game.

But he's roughly 30, and in the last year of a deal that has paid him, on average, $7.5 mill per.

His next deal,  whoever it's with,  is going to be for less.   Most likely $4-5 Mill per.    The world has changed for RB's.

I'd like to keep an eye on this....   a possible free agent next year?    Hmmm.........?

Normally, I'd agree with you NCF except when you remember where Melvin Gordon [#15] & Todd Gurley [#10] were taken in this year's draft. I get your main point about a diminished salary potential now except that both Gordon & Gurley could both be franchise backs in a couple of years similar to say Curtis Martin or LaDainian Tomlinson in their prime. 

I still need to see a WI Badger prove to me he can thrive at the NFL level, but even I will admit it's remotely possible. Just don't be Ron Dane all over again Gordon. Spectacular in college & a dud in the NFL please. I'm getting tired of hype & false hope man. Don't tell me you belong Melvin; Show me.

I saw him in a degree deoderant commercial recently. I hate when rookies do TV ads before they have arrived. It sends the wrong message to me. Earn your role on the team & then get paid with endorsement deals. I'm old school I guess.

Normally, I'd agree with you NCF except when you remember where Melvin Gordon [#15] & Todd Gurley [#10] were taken in this year's draft. I get your main point about a diminished salary potential now except that both Gordon & Gurley could both be franchise backs in a couple of years similar to say Curtis Martin or LaDainian Tomlinson in their prime. 

I still need to see a WI Badger prove to me he can thrive at the NFL level, but even I will admit it's remotely possible. Just don't be Ron Dane all over again Gordon. Spectacular in college & a dud in the NFL please. I'm getting tired of hype & false hope man. Don't tell me you belong Melvin; Show me.

I saw him in a degree deoderant commercial recently. I hate when rookies do TV ads before they have arrived. It sends the wrong message to me. Earn your role on the team & then get paid with endorsement deals. I'm old school I guess.

I was talking about free agent RB's,  SW1.

I have no problem with Gurley/Gordon.....  and if they turn into great RB's,  then their 2nd contract will look a lot more like DeMarco Murray's than Frank Gore's.    Murray got 8.5 per for 5 years.   Gore got 4.2 per for 3 years.    Two different worlds.

But many more RB's are getting deals like Gore's than Murray.    And that's really all I meant....

I know right. He's still an extremely productive back. Matt shouldn't get any flack for Cutler's incompetence on the football field. I can't imagine John Fox letting him go or phasing out his touches. John's not stupid. 

Who's Jay's backup? Jimmy Clausen. He's servicable nothing spectacular though. 

To go from Peyton Manning to crybaby Cutler. LOL! That's not a drop off that's falling off a freaking mountain man. Ouch! Hang in there Fox. It's gonna be brutal. 

I can't wait to see those Jay I don't give a bleep press conferences whenever the Bears lose. They're morbidly fascinating to watch. Jay's boredom & complete indifference I mean. The Chicago fan base deserves much better than him. He acts like he won a SB & there's no way he's getting past Aaron Rogers this year. 

They will be lucky to finish third in division in my opinion. Theres no Dents or Singletary Fencics or of course Sweetness in Chicago right now. IMO they are a franchise in disarray.

Trust me Jay, if you played with Cutler, you'd lose your passion for winning & lunging for that extra yard too as the season progressed. Cutler's not exactly inspirational or awe inspiring demeanor wise. 

He's got a rocket for an arm yes, but so did Jeff George, & he never won any shiny hardware either. Jay doesn't listen to any coach: Shanahan, Smith, Trestman, all fired...Are you detecting a pattern here? I sure am. 

Oh I agree Tammy and I despise Cutler , What a waste. Forte is not great between the Tackles and often doesn't give the effort. Lol I want them all gone. D is not great either.

Gurley & Gordon were the only stud RB'S that were worth a 1st or 2nd this year. We got a steal with Robinson. No harm done. You have an elite QB, don't need an elite RB. Would help, but not needed.

Not to mention he's a horrible leader

Every time they're losing, he's got his hands in his lap with that same dumb expression on his face

This is common knowledge up here..He's 30...and he wants large cash..

This will be Forte's final year as a Bear...He served them well and, considering the time he missed, paid well..

Considering the time he missed? He missed 5 games in 7 years. He is one of the most durable backs in the league. They will regret not signing him if that's what they choose

Considering the time he missed? He missed 5 games in 7 years. He is one of the most durable backs in the league. They will regret not signing him if that's what they choose

I don't know why I too thought he was oft injured. He is one of the best.

and he's been paid $7 mil the last 3 years...after his injury...

He got paid even though he'd missed some time. He has been treated fairly and its time to let him go.

The Bears will let him walk...and they will not regret letting a 31-year old RB walk. .

I don't know if I buy this rumor. 

If it's true, then who is going to start over him? 

John Fox is a run heavy coach. I don't see him letting Forte go unless he has a weapon that is much better, which is a mystery right now. 

This will probably be a rebuilding year for them. Hiring Fox was the right call for Chicago. Historically, they are a defensive minded team with a lot of past history in defense and I believe given in a few years, he could generate them a nice defense. Denver's defense wasn't that bad in the last few years, going back to the Tebow team that made the playoffs. 

and he's been paid $7 mil the last 3 years...after his injury...

He got paid even though he'd missed some time. He has been treated fairly and its time to let him go.

The Bears will let him walk...and they will not regret letting a 31-year old RB walk. .

He is one of the most versatile players in the league. They will make him a good offer. They aren't just not going to offer him a solid contract. Someone else may offer him more. But the bears will try to keep him

And all players get hurt at some point. But Forte has been available more than most players at his position

If you're saying they will offer a deal they KNOW he'll refuse, I agree.

He is one of the most versatile players in the league..but you dont sign over-30 running backs because they break down

They may 'Urlacher' him ..offer him a deal far under market value..it will only be 'good' from management's view.

...he will be over 30 and the Bears new regime is not keeping past vets unless they're young ones.

Its a new day in Chicago

Matt wont be a Bear in 2016 and he sounds like he knows that now.

If you're saying they will offer a deal they KNOW he'll refuse, I agree.

He is one of the most versatile players in the league..but you dont sign over-30 running backs because they break down

They may 'Urlacher' him ..offer him a deal far under market value..it will only be 'good' from management's view.

...he will be over 30 and the Bears new regime is not keeping past vets unless they're young ones.

Its a new day in Chicago

Matt wont be a Bear in 2016 and he sounds like he knows that now.

The colts just signed a rb who is over 30.

They will offer him a solid contract for 2 or thtee years. It certainly won't be a one year 2 million dollar offer like they offered urlacher

Matt Forte is not Frank Gore..and the Bears are not title contenders.

They're cutting ties with the old guard...Peanut Tillman, Lance Briggs...were not offered..Brandon Marshall was shipped out ..

Time for a change...wouldn't shock me to see Forte traded before or during this season. Its a new regime

Matt Forte is not Frank Gore..and the Bears are not title contenders.

They're cutting ties with the old guard...Peanut Tillman, Lance Briggs...were not offered..Brandon Marshall was shipped out ..

Time for a change...wouldn't shock me to see Forte traded before or during this season. Its a new regime

You're right, Forte isn't gore. Forte is better at this stage in their careers. John Fox won't trade his best player. He likes to have a solid running game. Forte will be the focal point in the offense this year

Frank Gore is a better runner than Matt Forte..in my opinion. Forte is a better pass catcher

.....and Fox wont trade his best player..who is probably Kyle Long. But that's not the biggest issue

A new brush sweeps clean....and Forte ..like th eotehr vets have to go....

Fox will have a solid running game...with who ever they draft in 2016.

They are moving the old guard out. Not as loudly as Chip Kelly, But you'll see. They can be 5-11 without Matt Forte