Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Langford-Jones- Anderson - DL

Deano1818

Read it here on the Indy Star.

"What I can tell you is this: Indianapolis Colts rookie defensive end Henry Anderson is huge. So is free-agent pickup Kendall Langford.

Big is good. Big is change. At 6-6, 300 pounds – he's gained six pounds since being drafted out of Stanford and figures to play closer to 315 – Anderson is bigger than Ricky Jean Francois. At 6-6, 313, Langford is bigger than Cory Redding. The Colts' best new defensive linemen are bigger than the ones they replaced. That's what I can tell you."

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2015/06/04/doyel-otas-colts-defense-reveals-size-sound-little-else/28471345/

Great find!

Thanks for the link.     Personally, I hope they don't put too much weight on Anderson too soon.

I'd be fine if he played his rookie year at 300.    He can put on more in his 2nd year.

But,  either way,  it's good to read and confirm.  

Read it here on the Indy Star.

"What I can tell you is this: Indianapolis Colts rookie defensive end Henry Anderson is huge. So is free-agent pickup Kendall Langford.

Big is good. Big is change. At 6-6, 300 pounds – he's gained six pounds since being drafted out of Stanford and figures to play closer to 315 – Anderson is bigger than Ricky Jean Francois. At 6-6, 313, Langford is bigger than Cory Redding. The Colts' best new defensive linemen are bigger than the ones they replaced. That's what I can tell you."

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2015/06/04/doyel-otas-colts-defense-reveals-size-sound-little-else/28471345/

I don't really put much stock in rookie linemen until their second year, but this kid has my hopes up

to actually help out this season.

We have a bunch of defensive linemen in their second year so I hope they can make a jump this season.

Think about the great 3-4 defenses.

They always had a very good to great NT

Its a missing link to the monster that was planned

I hope Hughes and Kerr can step it up, if they done make this change.

with most teams playing a hybrid, I'm not sure a big time NT is needed as much. 49ers and Ravens haven't has a stud at nt in a long time.

Size doesn't always correlate to strength.  Olympic powerlifters are hardly the biggest guys in the world.  Does anyone know Anderson's squat numbers?

"Size doesn't always correlate to strength."

I know, With that said he was going to have to get a lot stronger coming in, That was evident on tapes

We were awesome on first down with Chapman through the 1st seven games.

we were not so awesome against the good teams though, like NE and pittsburgh.  chapman sure does look good agaisnt the jags and titans i guess

we were not so awesome against the good teams though, like NE and pittsburgh.  chapman sure does look good agaisnt the jags and titans i guess

didn't realize the colts only played 4 teams last year.

Anderson will add some strength and weight...but won't need to much unless he is to play NT(which he won't).  310-320 is a high end DT/DE in a 3-4 scheme.  And he played all the DL line tech's in college, so did Parry.  In a similar scheme Indy uses.  So I think he'll pick up well.  

I like Kerr over Hughes or Chapman myself, he seemed to show more ability to make plays.  His consistency was the problem, but I believe i read somewhere in the Colts page where he has been working on that.

Langford is solid.  And will be for a few more years.  Jones as well.  Depth is huge on the edges of the line, but I believe we are still short at the NT.

Anderson's not undersized, 6'6'' and 294 for a 3-4 DE is plenty, will probably be playing his rookie year at about 300-305 or so.

Justin Smith and Cameron Jordan are only about 6'4'' 285 lbs or so, as was Antonio Smith in his prime.

Anderson's not undersized, 6'6'' and 294 for a 3-4 DE is plenty, will probably be playing his rookie year at about 300-305 or so.

Justin Smith and Cameron Jordan are only about 6'4'' 285 lbs or so, as was Antonio Smith in his prime.

These guys are also different types of players that play in a different style of defense.