Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A Puzzling Issue

Per usual, the point has flown right over your head.

Look at what great QB's can do for a team. The Packers, Saints and Pats are all Super Bowl contenders solely because of their QB's. They overcome their own team's lousy defense. If Luck is deemed to be of that caliber under any circumstance, including a healthy Manning, do you pass on that guy. None.

The Packers are number one in the NFL in interceptions, and do a great job creating turnovers... the Saints defense isn't as terrible as they are made out to be... The great thing about both of those teams, is all the offensive weapons.. money spent wisely to have a multitude of weapons, who have a specific purpose and are all team players. Both then invest heavily into their defense, which is what the Colts need to do!

Using the updated CBS Big Board

Trade the #1 overall pick to Cleveland for their two firsts and their second this year, their first and second next year. Then trade back from #5 since Kalil, Blackmon, and Claiborne are gone to #8 so Washington can get RGII. Get their first and second round pick this year.

Round One (8)- Dre Kirpatrick CB

Round One (25)- Zach Brown WLB

Round Two (33)- Dontari Poe NT

Round Two (37)- Mark Barron SS

Round Two (40)- Ashlon Jeffrey WR

Round Three- Kelechi Osemele G

Round Four- Michael Brewster C

Round Five- Malik Jackson DE

Round Six- Antoine McClain G

Round Seven- Derek Wolfe DT

I like this. Kirkpatrick is starting to become my guy. He looks like he would fit our system perfectly and we could pick up a fair amount trading down to a postion where he should still be available.

The Packers are number one in the NFL in interceptions, and do a great job creating turnovers... the Saints defense isn't as terrible as they are made out to be... The great thing about both of those teams, is all the offensive weapons.. money spent wisely to have a multitude of weapons, who have a specific purpose and are all team players. Both then invest heavily into their defense, which is what the Colts need to do!

So the Colts do not invest in their defense? Is that what you are saying?

I like this. Kirkpatrick is starting to become my guy. He looks like he would fit our system perfectly and we could pick up a fair amount trading down to a postion where he should still be available.

All of these players are picked either before or at the exact spot the CBS Big Board has them, which ironically lines up with my scenario.. if the Colts could trade down and get that amount of picks and players, and this was the draft.. thats a SERIOUS draft! New secondary pieces, new linebacker, new nose tackle, new guards, a new wide receiver who fell out of the first round!

So the Colts do not invest in their defense? Is that what you are saying?

The Colts obviously invest in their defense, but heavily invest into one position (defensive end). There is no balance on the defense... the problem is the Colts overpay their own, plain and simple, and do not have the money to get free agents, because of cap management issues! Manning made it work last year with Tamme and White, the Saints do not have one high paid offensive weapon beside Brees. The Packers do not have high paid wide receivers.. With how talented Manning is, the Colts should draft young receivers like both these teams have, and whatever the draft doesn't fill and are positions of need like for example NT and SS, are positions that could be addressed in FA.

? We had good defenses those years...... are you even responding to me? And 2 bad teams? The playoff hopeful Titans with an above .500 record and the playoff bound Texans who won the AFC South and have the #1 defense in the NFL and the #2 running game? Yeah, more like what on Earth are you talking about??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Titans rnt a good team at all. Texans were with Matt now down to 3rd string qb.

And r u even listening to me. Our defense has been inconsistent for years. One game they do good then For 3 weeks give up 200+ rushing. It's been awhile since we have been consistent

Per usual, the point has flown right over your head.

Look at what great QB's can do for a team. The Packers, Saints and Pats are all Super Bowl contenders solely because of their QB's. They overcome their own team's lousy defense. If Luck is deemed to be of that caliber under any circumstance, including a healthy Manning, do you pass on that guy. None.

I think the point has flown right over your head, unless you invent an offense with 2 quarterbacks that is really good...

The Packers, Saints, and Pats also have very good pieces on offense. They have very good receiving corps, O-lines, and good running games. It's not all because of the quarterbacks.

A great team is better than a great quarterback.