Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

QB Rankings sure to please Colts fans

NFLfan

I see him as having a Barry Bonds stigma. Sure he holds the records, but no one ever talks about him or the records once he's gone. I can see that easily happening, and I think his HOF status is also in jeopardy.

And you would be wrong on both accounts.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, but you know. He Cheated.... Not just on one occasion (DeflateGate, Spygate, etc) There is always that?

I'd have him ranked a LOT higher if it weren't for these blemishes.

On the other hand if not for these blemishes, you might actually have him lower.

I suppose we may never know the whole truth, and how much and for how long these "blemishes" have helped him.

What I find remarkable and amazing from this list is ...

1. Aaron Rodgers - 10 seasons

2. Peyton Manning - 17 seasons

3. Tom Brady - 15 seasons

4. ANDREW LUCK - __ 3 __ seasons

How much more does that come into play?

Interesting. Peyton was probably at the top right around his 10 year mark too. Pretty amazing that Andrew is right up there already and will keep climbing the list as he accumulates more years as well.

I wonder how many sustain that level of elite for going on 15 to 20 yrs. in the league?

Peyton's the odd man out......He's never had a stoopid beard. Or has he?

At this point, Big Ben is better than Brees and Rivers, IMO. Steelers are not that old pound the ball type of team and are carried by Big Ben, no two ways about it.

My top 10 would be this:

1. Aaron Rodgers

2. Tom Brady

3. Peyton Manning

4. Andrew Luck

5. Ben Roethlisberger

6. Tony Romo

7. Philip Rivers

8. Drew Brees

9. Russell Wilson

10. Matt Ryan

That's a good list Chad. Rivers & Roethlisberger seldom get much praise & they need to receive more. Nice Job! Can you do rankings from now on instead of Peter King?  :thmup:

When you see Luck's name mentioned in the company of those other elite QBs, it's pretty remarkable how well Andrew has fared in such a short time. Yes, I know INDY got creamed in the AFC Championship Game, but just getting there so soon is really mind boggling if you think about it. That was probably your primary thesis, which explains why you posted it CS. 

When you see Luck's name mentioned in the company of those other elite QBs, it's pretty remarkable how well Andrew has fared in such a short time. Yes, I know INDY got creamed in the AFC Championship Game, but just getting there so soon is really mind boggling if you think about it. That was probably your primary thesis, which explains why you posted it CS.

Exactly, SW1! Not only has Andrew Luck lead the Colts to 3 straight 11-5 seasons, he has elevated the team each and every year from a Wildcard Playoff to Divisional Playoff to AFC Championship status during his entire 3 year tenure in the NFL. Here's hoping the next step for Luck and the Colts will prove one more step up ... Super Bowl 50.

Speaking of Super Bowl 50 ... This post goes out to our fellow ColtsFan ... Jared Cisneros

Super Bowl 3

Super Bowl 5

Super Bowl 41

Now, add 3 + 5 + 41 = 49

Then, add this season (Colts favorite to win Super Bowl) = 1

49 + 1 = You got it - Super Bowl 50

Hey Jared, got an extra $10K floating around anywhere? I'll split it with ya!

haha:)

(just kick in' up the dust, man! :))

I see him as having a Barry Bonds stigma. Sure he holds the records, but no one ever talks about him or the records once he's gone. I can see that easily happening, and I think his HOF status is also in jeopardy.

Barry Bonds? No. Barry Bonds don't even have a job anymore. It's Mark McGwire I think is the fair one to compare him too. Both are golden boys. No one likes Barry Bonds anymore but you find tons of people that will crawl out of the woodwork to defend McGwire. 

Brady will still have a job 20 years down the road. Even if he admits to doing something wrong down the road like McGwire, he'll still have a loyal fan base to defend him. 

Speaking of Super Bowl 50 ... This post goes out to our fellow ColtsFan ... Jared Cisneros

Super Bowl 3

Super Bowl 5

Super Bowl 41

Now, add 3 + 5 + 41 = 49

Then, add this season (Colts favorite to win Super Bowl) = 1

49 + 1 = You got it - Super Bowl 50

Hey Jared, got an extra $10K floating around anywhere? I'll split it with ya!

haha:)

(just kick in' up the dust, man! :))

I brought it up a while ago.

Colts have won SB 5 and SB 41. SB 50 has the same sum of digits when added.

We were pretty irrelevant during the times of SB 14, 23 and 32 (did not make the playoffs any of those years 1979, 1988 and 1997).

During SB 5, 41 and 50, we were/are more relevant.

We will see how his court proceedings go but even missing the first 4 he will still be there contending for ring 5 at the end ...

That's a pretty bold statement, am. So, just to cut through the mustard, you're stating that Brady and the Patriots will be playing in Super Bowl 50.

Right?

That's a pretty bold statement, am. So, just to cut through the mustard, you're stating that Brady and the Patriots will be playing in Super Bowl 50.

Right?

No. But I think they will be contending in the post-season. As you know, anything is possible and can happen. But this Pats team seems formidable with the exception of the secondary which I am hoping Bill will have figured out as the season progresses.

No. But I think they will be contending in the post-season. As you know, anything is possible and can happen. But this Pats team seems formidable with the exception of the secondary which I am hoping Bill will have figured out as the season progresses.

Gotcha. When you said, "contending for ring 5 at the end", I thought that's what you meant. Going to the Super Bowl.

I'm still working on my QB rankings. Miller's are pretty good.

I don't understand how Luck's arm strength is 17/20, but Manning's is 16/20. He might be giving Manning some love there. But still, Manning's deep ball accuracy is 20/20. That guy is special, and continues to make up for what he lacks physically in a number of ways.

When do you expect to share your rankings and in which section will you post them?

At this point, Big Ben is better than Brees and Rivers, IMO. Steelers are not that old pound the ball type of team and are carried by Big Ben, no two ways about it.

My top 10 would be this:

1. Aaron Rodgers

2. Tom Brady

3. Peyton Manning

4. Andrew Luck

5. Ben Roethlisberger

6. Tony Romo

7. Philip Rivers

8. Drew Brees

9. Russell Wilson

10. Matt Ryan

Pretty good

Posted · Hidden by ColtsBlueFL, June 8, 2015 - trolling
Hidden by ColtsBlueFL, June 8, 2015 - trolling

At this point the QB rankings are Rodgers and Brady and all the rest. This is the first list that I have seen Manning listed that high. Most have him outside the top 5.

Brady definitely stands at the top and alone in the asterisks section. 

There is no more comparison. 

Where is my earlier post?.

Its funny how some posts automatically disappear.

What was the content?  If it has content that stirs the pot and and/or creates agitation with members that are fans of other teams, it may not pass muster and go to the 'zapped' zone...

Not at all. Straight forward post.

Of course, in your eyes... you're the one you wrote it. 

So whatever you wrote had factual supporting evidence to support it and other member(s) wouldn't be upset enough to report the post?  Just checking...

***  BTW- If you have issues with posts / moderation etc... you need to address it by sending a PM to a Mod with your concern.  Thanks. ***

Romo is a very talented QB. His only issue is that he makes bad decisions / mistakes at the wrong times. 

No doubt, he's talented, but I'm not ready to put him anywhere near the top 5. People aren't giving the o-line enough credit.

No doubt, he's talented, but I'm not ready to put him anywhere near the top 5. People aren't giving the o-line enough credit.

All anyone talks about is Dallas' offensive line. Romo actually got sacked just as much last year as he did the year before. Overall he played better, and while the line obviously helps, it's not like he didn't do his job. 

You said top 10, not top 5. Before last season, I had Romo close to my top 10 (12ish, I think). He'll probably be there for me this year. We'll see.

The narrative on Romo is stunning to me. He is second only to Aaron Rodgers for career passer rating. He is ahead of both Peyton Manning and Tom Brady.

All anyone talks about is Dallas' offensive line. Romo actually got sacked just as much last year as he did the year before. Overall he played better, and while the line obviously helps, it's not like he didn't do his job. 

You said top 10, not top 5. Before last season, I had Romo close to my top 10 (12ish, I think). He'll probably be there for me this year. We'll see.

Did you see the amount of time he had to throw though? If I'm not mistaken he had the most out of any QB in the NFL last season. Time helps to make the right decisions.

The narrative on Romo is stunning to me. He is second only to Aaron Rodgers for career passer rating. He is ahead of both Peyton Manning and Tom Brady.

You can't tout rings and stats. As a Patriots fan you know all too well that rings are the only thing that matters, right? Or is it only when it's convenient for your argument?

You can't tout rings and stats. As a Patriots fan you know all too well that rings are the only thing that matters, right? Or is it only when it's convenient for your argument?

I have never been a person that has only touted rings. For sure they are a part of the conversation but I think we all know that a QB's body of work take into consideration his wins, stats, teammates, coaches, etc. I think with Romo he takes a lot of blame when he has had clowns for head coaches, a lousy defense for most of his career and a petulant WR in Bryant. Yet the guy performs at an all time high level. I just don't get it. He is easily a top 5 QB for this season and has been his entire career.

Did you see the amount of time he had to throw though? If I'm not mistaken he had the most out of any QB in the NFL last season. Time helps to make the right decisions.

So is he not a good QB because he has good protection? I take stuff like that into consideration when I compare QBs, but I don't penalize one player because he has a better offensive line. I can adjust for it, but it doesn't make Romo any less of a QB.

And specific to Romo, he's suffered through some bad line play for a long time, and is known for buying time, extending plays, and still making good throws down the field. We know for a fact that his playmaking ability doesn't hinge entirely on having a good offensive line. This kind of criticism would be more appropriate for someone like Phillip Rivers or Kurt Warner, who we know are/were prone to struggle when their line play is bad.

His HOF status will be fine, although his bust will be an inflatable one, not bronze like the others....