Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Does Anyone Else Not Feel So Bad About That Saints Game Anymore?

The Peytonator

I mean, my God. This team just keeps scoring points. They put up 45 on a Falcons team that's gonna be in the playoffs. They destroyed the Giants a few weeks ago. They'll at least make it to the NFC championship game. The Niners won't be able to hang with them. The Packers will give them a good fight because they have the offensive firepower, but without Jennings they may not have enough. I'm betting on a Saints/Patriots Super Bowl, in a shootout, that ends with NO pulling away towards the end.

As a Colts fan it hurts to put those two teams in the SB.

I cannot and will not ever like the current saints. They play dirty, and Brees is a chump. Imo. Brees will never stack up when people look back at these last 15 years. It still tickes me off the stunt they pulled in the super bowl. It was below the belt and just like the current saints. Im tired of the crap they pull. People will argue it was legal what they did, but thats not my beef.. it was cheap and i dont like cheap stunts.

As for the pats. Im a colts fan so... ya, pee on them too.

Id love to finally see the Ravens do something. I prefer underdogs..

If its a saints/pats super bowl, heck will have officially froze over. Odds are i will spend the day in tears and reflection on the good colts days.. ;)

A good running game and defense aren't good enough anymore. Teams have to be able to throw the ball. There isn't a defense in the league that can consistently quiet the big passing attacks. The 49ers (my other favorite team) won't get to the super Bowl because they may have to stop Brees and Rodgers in consecutive weeks. Not happening. The Saints and Packers will stack the line against the run and force the 49ers to throw. Running just doesn't score enough points anymore. The ground attack is easier to stop for mediocre defenses than a passing attack is for elite defenses.

As to our game with the Saints, it shouldn't be an embarrassing thought for anyone here. Why? Because no one, anywhere, is talking about it. No one cares, because the Colts were playing awful football, and the focus is all playoffs right now. I haven't heard one word about it. It's not going to be remembered, except by the few, sad Colts fans who can't let things go.

A good running game and defense aren't good enough anymore. Teams have to be able to throw the ball. There isn't a defense in the league that can consistently quiet the big passing attacks. The 49ers (my other favorite team) won't get to the super Bowl because they may have to stop Brees and Rodgers in consecutive weeks. Not happening. The Saints and Packers will stack the line against the run and force the 49ers to throw. Running just doesn't score enough points anymore. The ground attack is easier to stop for mediocre defenses than a passing attack is for elite defenses.

As to our game with the Saints, it shouldn't be an embarrassing thought for anyone here. Why? Because no one, anywhere, is talking about it. No one cares, because the Colts were playing awful football, and the focus is all playoffs right now. I haven't heard one word about it. It's not going to be remembered, except by the few, sad Colts fans who can't let things go.

That's not entirely true. The 49ers are 12-3 by running the ball controlling the clock and having a great defense. I know it's a padding league now but in green bay cold weather and snowy I think 49ers could do it. Then saints might have to play at 49ers in the rain with a sloppy field. Gonna be a fun playoff year

I cannot and will not ever like the current saints. They play dirty, and Brees is a chump. Imo. Brees will never stack up when people look back at these last 15 years. It still tickes me off the stunt they pulled in the super bowl. It was below the belt and just like the current saints. Im tired of the crap they pull. People will argue it was legal what they did, but thats not my beef.. it was cheap and i dont like cheap stunts.

If its a saints/pats super bowl, heck will have officially froze over. Odds are i will spend the day in tears and reflection on the good colts days.. ;)

What's the dirty and cheap stunts you are referring too? The Colts lost primarily because Garcon dropped an easy catch that may have gone for a TD and were not prepared for an onside kick which was just the sort of thing Payton would call These were gamechanging events. Moreover, the Colts played an incredibly soft defense allowing Brees and his receivers to play pitch and catch backyard style.

I mean, my God. This team just keeps scoring points. They put up 45 on a Falcons team that's gonna be in the playoffs. They destroyed the Giants a few weeks ago. They'll at least make it to the NFC championship game. The Niners won't be able to hang with them. The Packers will give them a good fight because they have the offensive firepower, but without Jennings they may not have enough. I'm betting on a Saints/Patriots Super Bowl, in a shootout, that ends with NO pulling away towards the end.

As a Colts fan it hurts to put those two teams in the SB.

I'm really hoping the Pats get taken out of the picture.I mean,we finally get a SB here and our boys have a off year.To add to it the Pats in our town AND in the SB,wow,major league suckage, haha .

And you know Beli and Brady are drooling over the prospect of rubbing it in our faces,lol.

Go Steelers!Go Ravens!Go anyone but Pats!

You are right about the game,,

SF Has NO CHANCE to take out New Orleans or Green Bay unless they play outdoors in very bad weather...

The game has changed dramatically....You only run the ball to give your lineman a chance to catch their breath..

Look at The Tebows....Denver lucked up and beat some non-playoff teams..

..but when they faced high-powered attacks..Detroit and NE..they got smoked like Italian sausage...

If your QB cant put up 300 yards every game..dont bother to make the playoffs

What's the dirty and cheap stunts you are referring too? The Colts lost primarily because Garcon dropped an easy catch that may have gone for a TD and were not prepared for an onside kick which was just the sort of thing Payton would call These were gamechanging events. Moreover, the Colts played an incredibly soft defense allowing Brees and his receivers to play pitch and catch backyard style.

I must be over it because, I, like SanAntonio was thinking you were talking about the SB. It didn't even register until I read the thread that we were referring to the 2011 meeting.

I realized last night that I am finally over the 2009 SB. It doesn't sting anymore. I regret us not winning it, but it doesn't sting like it used to. Kinda like the 2005 PO meeting with the Steelers.

I guess I'm in the minority that I don't really have a problem with the Saints.

:shrug:

As to the butt whooping they put on us earlier this year. Meh. I've moved on. It wasn't even in the playoffs, I just can't get that worked up about it (at least long term)

OK - you don't like the Saints, fine. But at least have some points that make sense for your reasons why.

1) Brees will stack up very nicely to all the QB's over the last 15 years. Only player with 2 seasons over 5000 yards, the current single season yardage record holder, at least one Super Bowl win and other accomplishments sure to follow. Yep - he won't stack up very well.

2) By stunt, you have to mean the on-sides kick and if so I think you have drastically misplaced blame for the Super Bowl "stunt." That the Colts did not recover the kick is a Colts issue.

Edited by 21isSuperman
Mod edit: personal shot

Unfortunately, some games are so terrible, they are unforgettable.

Much may have to do with the many contrasting emotions you have while watching these games(anger, sadness embarrassment)...like watching your car get towed from the "no-parking zone :ashamed: ".

The 41-0 playoff loss to Jets in 2002

The Jaguars 375 yard rushing game in 2006.

62-7 will also be remembered because unfortunately, it's in the record books.

A good running game and defense aren't good enough anymore.....

..... It's not going to be remembered, except by the few, sad Colts fans who can't let things go.

Not...sure...if...serious...trying to not......bash.......willpower......fading.,.......arragghhhhhhhh..