Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Reject NFLPA Recusal Motion

Gramz

Two possibilities:

- Goodell had the stones to tell Kraft what's what when they had that little meeting a few days ago. He's standing by it, but is open to whatever horse spit lies evidence Tom Brady presents to him.

-Goodell doesn't want someone else to take the reigns since he made a back door deal with Kraft during their little session a few days ago regarding Brady's suspension.

I'm guessing the first one, but either way we'll see if Roger is still Kraft's puppet or he's had enough of covering for him.

Two possibilities:

- Goodell had the stones to tell Kraft what's what when they had that little meeting a few days ago. He's standing by it, but is open to whatever horse spit lies evidence Tom Brady presents to him.

-Goodell doesn't want someone else to take the reigns since he made a back door deal with Kraft during their little session a few days ago regarding Brady's suspension.

I'm guessing the first one, but either way we'll see if Roger is still Kraft's puppet or he's had enough of covering for him.

Well I would hope it would be the first option and not the second.

But nothing would surprise me anymore.

Two possibilities:

Or a third possibility.

That this is what is negotiated in the 10-year basic agreement between the NFL and its players.

Or that when the facts argue against your case..you try to change the judge

Just a thought.

Roger Goodell has always been the 'Guy' talking about Integrity of the Game, and Defending the Shield.  Even though his job in doing that is largely regarded as 'poor', that is his mission statement.  For Him not to hear the Appeal on a drastic 'Integrity of the Game' issue would be preposterous.  He has no recourse, and he knows it.  Come what may afterward.

NFL’s Goodell: ‘My No. 1 Job Is Protecting The Integrity Of The Game’

Embattled Commish Speaks After Owners Huddle Up On Domestic Violence Issues

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/10/09/nfls-goodell-my-no-1-job-is-protecting-the-integrity-of-the-game/

I don't see what the NFLPA is whining about. The players voted on giving Goodell sole responsibility in these matters. All they were worried about when the negotiations were going on was a bigger piece of the pie. They traded off all control for more money. Goodell takes too much blame and or credit for a lot of things. He is a well paid employee who is paid to be the face of the owners. The owners do not want to face the media so in turn Goodell does. He don't have as much control over things than some believe he does. I don't think Goodell does anything without majority owners approval.

I don't see what the NFLPA is whining about. The players voted on giving Goodell sole responsibility in these matters. All they were worried about when the negotiations were going on was a bigger piece of the pie. They traded off all control for more money. Goodell takes too much blame and or credit for a lot of things. He is a well paid employee who is paid to be the face of the owners. The owners do not want to face the media so in turn Goodell does. He don't have as much control over things than some believe he does. I don't think Goodell does anything without majority owners approval.

I'd agree somewhat but I don't see Goodell getting much credit for anything.  He just seems to be the target for irrational scorn.  I wasn't an NFL fan before Goodell, but did other commissioners get boo'ed at the opening of the NFL draft?

I'd agree somewhat but I don't see Goodell getting much credit for anything.  He just seems to be the target for irrational scorn.  I wasn't an NFL fan before Goodell, but did other commissioners get boo'ed at the opening of the NFL draft?

Goodell gets paid well to take the boos because the owners don't want to be the ones in the spotlight. That's just my take. The draft is a funny thing. Not too many are happy with anything, lol

Goodell gets paid well to take the boos because the owners don't want to be the ones in the spotlight. That's just my take. The draft is a funny thing. Not too many are happy with anything, lol

I agree with that.  Someone has to step out there and take it.  I personally don't understand it, it's become like a tradition the commish walks onto the stage to open the draft and he's booed.  

Like he's made mistakes and all but people treat him like he's ruining everything.  

I agree with that.  Someone has to step out there and take it.  I personally don't understand it, it's become like a tradition the commish walks onto the stage to open the draft and he's booed.  

Like he's made mistakes and all but people treat him like he's ruining everything.  

He's done some things right and some things wrong. I will say he is about to ruin the NFL though. The extra point rule is just the start. A few examples are putting a team in mexico or somewhere else outside the U.S., extending the season to 18 games, and adding an additional team in the playoffs in each conference. The NFL may still be around in 10 years, but there will be major issues that will have short and long term effects.

He's done some things right and some things wrong. I will say he is about to ruin the NFL though. The extra point rule is just the start. A few examples are putting a team in mexico or somewhere else outside the U.S., extending the season to 18 games, and adding an additional team in the playoffs in each conference. The NFL may still be around in 10 years, but there will be major issues that will have short and long term effects.

Just how did Goodell change the PAT?  It was the owners who wanted a change and took a vote. It is not Goodell who wants 18 games. The owners want the extra money, not Goodell. Goodell gets his money no matter. There are other things to be down on as far as Goodell is concerned but a couple you mentioned are not his doing. Pointing the finger at Goodell is overlooking the fact that it is the owners who run things. If it wasn't Goodell it would be some other employee paid to be the face of the owners. Keep in mind that money is the bottom line and the owners are the ones who control.

you understand the owners vote for those changes. Goodell has little to do,with it

All of those are rumors which may or may not happen.  

I also don't think having a team outside the US would ruin the game nor would an additional playoff team.  The 18 games thing I think they would have to clear that with the NFLPA.  

Personally I think if he wants to add a team outside of the US he should look to Canada.  Other pro-leagues have quite successfully put a team on Canadian soil.  Doing it in Europe and Mexico would present some challenges that the NFL shouldn't try to face down.  They should instead try to push and promote leagues that already play American football in Europe.  (They exist but are at an extremely amateur level.) 

I disagree with the Additional team. I went back as many years as espn would allow and found that only three (if I remember right) 8-8 teams would have made the playoffs and zero 7-9 teams would have made the playoffs in the 10 years.

People who claim otherwise are ignorant of the facts. Sub .500 tans just won't make the playoffs unless they are division winners, and very rarely will 8-8 teams make it.

Now as far as putting teams in another country, well yes that is ridiculous.

I doubt 18 games will happen too.