Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Floyd Vs Blackmon

Am I the only person on hear that thinks Floyd is a better pick then Blackmon. Has 3 inches on him and 20+ pounds. Yes he had alcohol charge but that doesn't take away his ability. He wins a jump ball with a cb everytime. Great speed, route running and amazing hands/vertical. Ive seen all his games at Norte dame and rarely does a cb tackle him one on one. Almost always makes first guy miss, takes two people to bring him down.

Here's a little video to prove my point. Turn volume down music is horrible

At 2:13 nuff said

Floyd vs. Blackmon? It's still Alshon Jeffery vs. both of those 2 for me. He's the biggest and most physical WR out of the 3 and he is very athletic. He also was extrememly productive as a sophomore. His drop in production this year has more to do with a young quarterback and loss in production of the running game to me. I don't really think a WR is necessary in the top of the first round, but if we got one I would take Jeffery.

Id rather get nick toon or kendall wright in round 2.

There are other thing I would rather see us address in round 1.

maybe a corner or if they feel Kalil is that great take him move castonzo to RT and Ijalana to guard.

If we were to take a receiver i would rather have us take blackmon. although i dont really think that is the best option in this case unless we can trade down to 10-12 and still get him, which is doubtful

Id rather get nick toon or kendall wright in round 2.

There are other thing I would rather see us address in round 1.

maybe a corner or if they feel Kalil is that great take him move castonzo to RT and Ijalana to guard.

If we were to take a receiver i would rather have us take blackmon. although i dont really think that is the best option in this case unless we can trade down to 10-12 and still get him, which is doubtful

Michael Floyd - 6'3" 224 lbs.

Alshon Jeffery - 6'4" 229 lbs.

Not needed? Wayne might be gone with gonzo

I didnt say the position isn't needed, its just not necessary to take one in the first round. I would much prefer a CB, Dline or OG with the first selection. You can get quality wrs later in drafts, especially with Manning at QB. Collie is a 4th, Garcon a 6th and Tamme is a 4th. Blair white was undrafted and Manning made him look like a mid round pick. We should improve a position that Manning cant help improve, such as anything on Defense or Oline.

I didnt say the position isn't needed, its just not necessary to take one in the first round. I would much prefer a CB, Dline or OG with the first selection. You can get quality wrs later in drafts, especially with Manning at QB. Collie is a 4th, Garcon a 6th and Tamme is a 4th. Blair white was undrafted and Manning made him look like a mid round pick. We should improve a position that Manning cant help improve, such as anything on Defense or Oline.

With the multiple holes this team has had exposed this season, I doubt they get a WR in the first round unless they trade down for a bunch of draft picks...

At least, I hope they don't

I'm hoping for a veteran FA OG.

Colts also need an early round safety (IMO)

Would you rather have Reggie Wayne like player who is Mr.Reliable and has great hands

or a

a red-zone threat who has good speed with good hands (but not as good as Blackmon). He's kinda like not as good Kenny Britt.

Plus, Blackmon has put up better numbers than Floyd and Blackmon is a junior. He has more upside than Floyd as Floyd is a senior. Almost everything about Blackmon is better.

If we're going to compete with the best, we need to get a super duper TE. NO has Graham. Pack has Finley. Pats have Gronk. Defenses don't know how to stop these guys. I have seen mocks with us getting a TE, but I doubt he is in the same league as the aforementioned.

You don't think Dallas Clark and Jacob Tamme are super duper tight ends.

When healthy, Clark gets 1000 yards receiving.

Tamme was the best TE in the 2nd half of football last season.

Would you rather have Reggie Wayne like player who is Mr.Reliable and has great hands

or a

a red-zone threat who has good speed with good hands (but not as good as Blackmon). He's kinda like not as good Kenny Britt.

Plus, Blackmon has put up better numbers than Floyd and Blackmon is a junior. He has more upside than Floyd as Floyd is a senior. Almost everything about Blackmon is better.

Lol that's your opinion.

Where have you been????

There are several people who actually with disagree with u. I know it's weird the world doesn't revolve around you. Floyd is an extremely talented WR. If he hadn't been arrested he would be considered above Blackmon.

There are several people who actually with disagree with u. I know it's weird the world doesn't revolve around you. Floyd is an extremely talented WR. If he hadn't been arrested he would be considered above Blackmon.

I was litterally asking Jason where he has been... not saying anything about Blackmon or Floyd.. who looks like a real ..... now!

I was litterally asking Jason where he has been... not saying anything about Blackmon or Floyd.. who looks like a real ..... now!

Suuuuurrrrreeeeeeee

But seriously sorry. There are a lot of people being jerks around here lately. I apologize

Hank Baskett- 6'4" 220 lbs.

Marvin Harrison- 6'0" 178 lbs.

But yea, size is clearly the most important thing.... not route running, hands, speed in and out of breaks.

Calvin Johnson - 6'5" 239 lbs.

Thousands of other small guys that I could use in this comparison.

Don't act like big, tall guys can't have good route running, hands, and speed in and out of breaks.

Lol that's your opinion.

Yeah.....

Calvin Johnson - 6'5" 239 lbs.

Thousands of other small guys that I could use in this comparison.

Don't act like big, tall guys can't have good route running, hands, and speed in and out of breaks.

I don't believe that is his point. I think he is trying to say that size is not everything basically. Nobody ever said tall guys can't run good routes, have good hands or be quick/fast out of breaks.

I don't believe that is his point. I think he is trying to say that size is not everything basically. Nobody ever said tall guys can't run good routes, have good hands or be quick/fast out of breaks.

You can say that, but that is what he was implying. Why would you pick some randon tall wide receiver and then a smaller hall of famer in Marvin Harrison? Come on, that's not fair and it doesn't prove any point at all.

You can say that, but that is what he was implying. Why would you pick some randon tall wide receiver and then a smaller hall of famer in Marvin Harrison? Come on, that's not fair and it doesn't prove any point at all.

Hank Baskett- 6'4" 220 lbs.

Marvin Harrison- 6'0" 178 lbs.

But yea, size is clearly the most important thing.... not route running, hands, speed in and out of breaks.

Where's the implication? Unless ya want to try to make something out of nothing he isn't saying anything negative about tall receiver's route running, hands and breaking ability. He's simply pointing out that you don't have to be 6'4+ to be a good receiver. It proves that height isn't everything so saying it doesn't prove a point at all is false. It's completely fair. If you want to use another example we can use Randy Moss who is 6'4 and might be a more 'fair' comparison for you.

Where's the implication? Unless ya want to try to make something out of nothing he isn't saying anything negative about tall receiver's route running, hands and breaking ability. He's simply pointing out that you don't have to be 6'4+ to be a good receiver. It proves that height isn't everything so saying it doesn't prove a point at all is false. It's completely fair. If you want to use another example we can use Randy Moss who is 6'4 and might be a more 'fair' comparison for you.

No, it doesn't prove a point... you don't have to be small or tall to be a good WR...

You're right that WR isn't necessary in the 1st round. I still think the "best player available" is the right policy regardless of position. If the guy is clearly the best available but doesn't fit your system, then trade him for someone who does and another pick besides. It's still early, but so far I don't see anybody, with possible exception of Luck, who looks to be that stand-out guy who's head and shoulders above the other top guys. I don't think there's a Suh in this draft (I'm talking strictly talent now). The WR class seems pretty strong. Maybe one or two of them will be elite guys. I've kind of admired the Colts for going against the grain by not drafting these huge WRs, but if they decide to stay with the power running scheme more, it may be time to join the bandwagon and draft bigger receivers just for blocking ability and red zone threats. If they are deep threats too, then you've got that elite guy.

In my opinion, I would say Blackmon. Floyd is just behind him. Blackmon has amazing hand-eye coordination and runs just as good routes as Floyd (actualy, I read from a few mocks that he runs lazy routes). Blackmon is also a year younger, which IMo gives him more upside and also seems to have a better character than Floyd. Look at it this way, they are virtually the same. But blackmon has better hand eye coordination but is 2 inches shorter. Floyd is bigger and possible stronger but runs lazy routes. I would say Blackmon, since he IMO would probably suit PM better.

For alshon Jeffery, I believe he will be the next jamarcus russel for WRs if hes selected first out of these 3 WRs. The guy is out of shape. Nothing about him yells great reciever to me. When jamarcus russel went to the pros, he sucked because he was lazy and out of shape. I hope im wrong, but I think alshon jeffery will be lazy in the NFL too.

In my opinion, I would say Blackmon. Floyd is just behind him. Blackmon has amazing hand-eye coordination and runs just as good routes as Floyd (actualy, I read from a few mocks that he runs lazy routes). Blackmon is also a year younger, which IMo gives him more upside and also seems to have a better character than Floyd. Look at it this way, they are virtually the same. But blackmon has better hand eye coordination but is 2 inches shorter. Floyd is bigger and possible stronger but runs lazy routes. I would say Blackmon, since he IMO would probably suit PM better.

For alshon Jeffery, I believe he will be the next jamarcus russel for WRs if hes selected first out of these 3 WRs. The guy is out of shape. Nothing about him yells great reciever to me. When jamarcus russel went to the pros, he sucked because he was lazy and out of shape. I hope im wrong, but I think alshon jeffery will be lazy in the NFL too.

agree 100% with the Jeffery part. He seems like he has all the physical talent in the world but is lazy and unmotivated