Steelers - 70's era - 9 players in HOF

49ers - 90s era - 5 players in HOF

Bears - 90s era - 3 player in HOF

Looking ahead:

I see Peyton as a first ballot HOF. 

I see Marvin Harrison making it in at some point

I think Wayne is 50/50

I think Vinateri is 50/50

The teams that win many SBs or have a long record of great success will do well on the HOF (No Duh)

But something very interesting to me is, look at the Patriots.

This current era Patriots team, unless something really strange happens, will probably have ONLY ONE HOF player......

Tom Brady

Irregardless of the PSI, that does say something about our hated rival.

Great coaching and a superstar QB....(Sprinkle in a bit of cheating) ........ CAN win championships

I have a chip on my shoulder in regards to the Patriots and want to beat them 100-0 in the LOS. but..........

It is amazing to me, that a team that has gone to 6 Super Bowls recently.. will only field one player 

Thoughts?

Am I missing anything?
(I dont count a one year rent from Revis, just like I dont count Richard Dent for the Colts)

Belichick will also be a HOF'er as well which I think more than makes up for the fact that Brady is really their only sure fire Hall inductee.

Well, other than Randy Moss. But does he really count?

Wilfork definitely has a higher chance than 20% - 25%...

Also, as much as I hate the guy because he is a total and utter meat-head / *ic / immature and downright stupid person... You better believe that Gronk will be in the HoF when he is done.

You are forgetting Edgerin James as well. He may not get in in the immediate future, but for sure he will get in.

Wilfork definitely has a higher chance than 20% - 25%...

Also, as much as I hate the guy because he is a total and utter meat-head / *ic / immature and downright stupid person... You better believe that Gronk will be in the HoF when he is done.

You are forgetting Edgerin James as well. He may not get in in the immediate future, but for sure he will get in.

I think Wilfork isnt a lock...... he was very good.... but a lock for HOF?  I dont know about that

I forgot about Gronk, and you may be right. But..... he needs 4-5 years more of amazing production to be considered

I just dont know about Edge.... I want him to be there.... but......  put the number more like 10%. He needed more time in his role than he had IMHO

He also had some very average years after the injury that hurt him

I think Wilfork isnt a lock...... he was very good.... but a lock for HOF?  I dont know about that

I forgot about Gronk, and you may be right. But..... he needs 4-5 years more of amazing production to be considered

I just dont know about Edge.... I want him to be there.... but......  put the number more like 10%. He needed more time in his role than he had IMHO

He also had some very average years after the injury that hurt him

I never said Wilfork was a lock, but definitely higher than 20% - 25%.

With the NFL going more and more towards the pass, Edge's numbers are going to look more and more respectable and they will run out of people more worthy than him.

Carrying on after injury shouldn't hurt your chances of getting into the HOF and he is 11th all time in rushing as well.... That is higher than 16 RB's already in the HOF....

I never said Wilfork was a lock, but definitely higher than 20% - 25%.

With the NFL going more and more towards the pass, Edge's numbers are going to look more and more respectable and they will run out of people more worthy than him.

Carrying on after injury shouldn't hurt your chances of getting into the HOF and he is 11th all time in rushing as well.... That is higher than 16 RB's already in the HOF....

That is a very valid point about James. Not to mention he won rookie of the year and lead the league his first two years and had 4 pro bowls. Those are worthy of a HOF selection IMO.

Some quick questions

Is Brady a HOF QB without BB?

Is Terry Bradshaw a HOF QB.... without the other 7 HOFs?

It is a shame that Bradshaw gets the bad rap that he does. He still has 4 rings. He was a pro bowl player 3 times. He did earn 2 super bowl MVPs and a league MVP. Yes he played on a stacked team but that shouldn't skew what he did as a player. He may have had 7 HOF players on his team but that didn't stop him from getting sacked 307 times and dealing with multi injuries while with the Steelers. Keep in mind he played in an era of time when the QB was not protected. Bradshaw took many a poundings when he played QB.

It is a shame that Bradshaw gets the bad rap that he does. He still has 4 rings. He was a pro bowl player 3 times. He did earn 2 super bowl MVPs and a league MVP. Yes he played on a stacked team but that shouldn't skew what he did as a player. He may have had 7 HOF players on his team but that didn't stop him from getting sacked 307 times and dealing with multi injuries while with the Steelers. Keep in mind he played in an era of time when the QB was not protected. Bradshaw took many a poundings when he played QB.

Bradshaw barely completeled half his passes.

Some quick questions

Some quick answers...

Brady - does it matter?  Is BB a HoF coach without Brady?  They are bound together and both will be in Canton.

Bradshaw - does it matter?  He was the QB of a team that won 4 Super Bowls - seems to me that if they won because of him or in spite of him is not important because he is in Canton.

So what? QBs in those days did not have the protection of todays QBs and very few had high percentages across the board. Your mind set about Bradshaw is exactly is exactly my point.

And yet Tarkenton played at the same time with worse teams and played much better.

The real question is, if we were to get a SB win this year, would Adam go in as a Colt?

Players don't go in with a certain team, They go in just as individuals so Adam will go in having played for the Patriots and the Colts but he wont go in with either team, He will just go in as a Kicker IF he gets in which I doubt. Only 1 pure place kicker has ever gotten in

The real question is, if we were to get a SB win this year, would Adam go in as a Colt?

There is no distinction in the NFL Hall of Fame.  Not like baseball where their busts show them in particular team ballcap.

So what is your point? Tarkington is a HOFer. The name of the thread is Hall Of Fame thoughts. Find someone else to argue with.

My point is you can't blame his era on his production when he wasn't as good as other people with worse supporting casts.

If you want to stop arguing then no one is forcing you.

My point is you can't blame his era on his production when he wasn't as good as other people with worse supporting casts.

If you want to stop arguing then no one is forcing you.

His production? What are you even talking about? Bradshaw numbers speak for themselves just as Tarkington do. Oh by the way Tarkington's career passing percentage is less than 55%

His production? What are you even talking about? Bradshaw numbers speak for themselves just as Tarkington do. Oh by the way Tarkington's career passing percentage is less than 55%

Nice try Terry Bradshaw (;

The Vikings had six HOF, from those 70s teams (FYI..... I forgot to include the)

Does an Archie Manning make the HOF.... if he is drafted by 50% of the other teams.... Maybe

If he somehow slips to the Steelers in 71........  And Bradshaw goes to New Orleans..... Does Bradshaw fare worse than Archie Manning?

I think so

Does Emmitt Smith make the HOF, if he is drafted by another team that hasn't been handed 1000 draft picks for Hershal W,

I don't think he does. He used to take his FIRST hit from the defense 3 to 4 yards from LOS.............  That line was an amazing thing.

Obvious hypothetical situations

But back to the main topic........ The Pats for ALL their SB appearances and wins will probably fall very short of some of the great teams in making Pro Bowls

Anything can happen, and I think Teddy B was a very good player, but HOF?   There are almost too many people in line in front of him that had more impressive careers

Do you make Marvin Wait to put him in?

I truly think you may see Brady and possibly Vinateri make it in.... and maybe Gronk..... if he keeps going....

I was thinking about the Colts in the HOF, and came to

Colts - late 50s, early 60s - 6 players

Looking at some other teams

Cowboys - 70's era - 7 players in HOF

Cowboys - 90's era - 5 players in HOF

Steelers - 70's era - 9 players in HOF

49ers - 90s era - 5 players in HOF

Bears - 90s era - 3 player in HOF

Looking ahead:

I see Peyton as a first ballot HOF. 

I see Marvin Harrison making it in at some point

I think Wayne is 50/50

I think Vinateri is 50/50

The teams that win many SBs or have a long record of great success will do well on the HOF (No Duh)

But something very interesting to me is, look at the Patriots.

This current era Patriots team, unless something really strange happens, will probably have ONLY ONE HOF player......

Tom Brady

Irregardless of the PSI, that does say something about our hated rival.

Great coaching and a superstar QB....(Sprinkle in a bit of cheating) ........ CAN win championships

I have a chip on my shoulder in regards to the Patriots and want to beat them 100-0 in the LOS. but..........

It is amazing to me, that a team that has gone to 6 Super Bowls recently.. will only field one player 

Thoughts?

Am I missing anything?
(I dont count a one year rent from Revis, just like I dont count Richard Dent for the Colts)

Vinatieri will get in.  Wayne will most likely get in at some point (he retired in top ten all time in yards and receptions and is 2nd behind Rice in most post-season receiving categories).  Edge will get in at some point.  Freeney has a good shot, though I don't think he gets in.  Mathis, if not for his PED suspension, would be a lock IMO.  Tony Dungy will get in at some point (next year with Marvin, I'd bet).

I doubt he makes it in, but I could see Saturday in the top 25 at some point. 

Freeney and Mathis too

It would be nice.... 

They deserve it.... but I think they miss out to players in bigger markets that get more media attention 

If Mathis has another amazing year or two (Please, oh please)

He could.

Vinatieri will get in.  Wayne will most likely get in at some point (he retired in top ten all time in yards and receptions and is 2nd behind Rice in most post-season receiving categories).  Edge will get in at some point.  Freeney has a good shot, though I don't think he gets in.  Mathis, if not for his PED suspension, would be a lock IMO.  Tony Dungy will get in at some point (next year with Marvin, I'd bet).

I doubt he makes it in, but I could see Saturday in the top 25 at some point. 

I wouldn't really count the PED suspension against him because he didn't use it for "on the field" performance. 

Some quick questions

Is anybody a Hall of Fame player without all the players and coaches that they had?      I seriously doubt it.

Football is the ultimate team game.

I wouldn't really count the PED suspension against him because he didn't use it for "on the field" performance. 

He says he didn't use it for on the field performance.  I have always liked Mathis, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

However, he has an asterisk next to his name because he was suspended for PED usage.  Whether he used it for on the field performance or not, he still tested positive for a banned substance.  As a professional athlete and a veteran, he should have known to check with the league about anything he puts in his body.

But back to the main topic........ The Pats for ALL their SB appearances and wins will probably fall very short of some of the great teams in making Pro Bowls

Anything can happen, and I think Teddy B (Bruschi) was a very good player, but HOF?

I truly think you may see Brady and possibly Vinateri make it in.... and maybe Gronk..... if he keeps going....

What about Ty Law? I think he has a much greater chance than Bruschi.

As for the Colts, I always thought of Freeney as a HoF player. I am surprised that he does not receive much support from Colts fans.

The Vikings had six HOF, from those 70s teams (FYI..... I forgot to include them)

Five Vikings players from the 90s are in the HoF. That does not include Warren Moon, who played 3 years in the 90s with the Vikes, making 2 Pro Bowls as a Vikings player. Randy Moss should also make the HoF soon. It is disappointing that with those players, the 90's Vikes never made it past the NFCCG.

The Pats have demonstrated that you don't need many HoF players to win championships.

Ty Law was excellent against Peyton

He was a great player.... buy HOF? I dont know

Just throwing that out there. You mentioned Bruschi. I think Ty Law is much more HoF-worthy. He, Harrison and Wilfork (already mentioned by Crazycolt1), maybe even McGinest and Seymour would get more votes than Bruschi. JMO.