Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFLPA formally files for Goodell to recuse himself from Brady Appeal

"The players also believe that the Commissioner's history of inconsistently issuing discipline against our players makes him ill-suited to hear this appeal in a fair-minded manner."

Lol how is one ill suited to do something when they are by name, given the right to do something in their sole discretion?

"The players also believe that the Commissioner's history of inconsistently issuing discipline against our players makes him ill-suited to hear this appeal in a fair-minded manner."

Lol how is one ill suited to do something when they are by name, given the right to do something in their sole discretion?

I guess, maybe the NFLPA should not have agreed to give him that authority.

The NFLPA thinks that no player should ever be disciplined no matter what they do and they are rear end hurt because tommy boy is being held accountable for being a jerk. The NFLPA should be told to stick it.

Well, to be fair, it's is their job to do this kind of stuff.

If the NFLPA had its way, no player would ever receive punishment excluding proven criminal acts. Yeah, it's their job alright. If mainstream companies and corporations ran business this way the entire capitalistic system would be a free-for-all and end up in collapse.

That's what I was thinking. The NFLPA and it's members are the ones who voted Goodell to have that sole power.

Well, to be fair, it's is their job to do this kind of stuff.

They are the ones who helped put Goodell in charge of fines and suspensions. So how fair is it they fight him tooth and nail? They got what they voted on.

That's what I was thinking. The NFLPA and it's members are the ones who voted Goodell to have that sole power.

Yeah, it's just a case of "we regret making this concession, so its' only fair that it gets changed so everything is neutral."  Except that's not how contracting works.  

I wonder what it will be like in 2020 when the CBA expires.  I could see that being another issue that forces a lockout.

Yeah, it's just a case of "we regret making this concession, so its' only fair that it gets changed so everything is neutral."  Except that's not how contracting works.  

I wonder what it will be like in 2020 when the CBA expires.  I could see that being another issue that forces a lockout.

More than likely you could be right. If I am not mistaken the NFLPA didn't really want Goodell to have that power but traded off for 89% of the money.

They are the ones who helped put Goodell in charge of fines and suspensions. So how fair is it they fight him tooth and nail? They got what they voted on.

Their job is to represent the players. If the best way to do that is to file a motion that Goodell doesn't hear the appeal that's what they should be doing.

Doesn't mean it will or should work, but that's their job.

More than likely you could be right. If I am not mistaken the NFLPA didn't really want Goodell to have that power but traded off for 89% of the money.

I thoguht I had seen the same thing and was going to say it, but I didn't see anything on a quick google search - it included a lot of results for deflategate and spygate.  So it is hard to say.  But yeah, I felt like I heard the same thing, just decided against saying something in the chance I didn't recall it correctly.