Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would You Draft An Ol, Db Or Wr 2Nd Overall?

Can't go wrong with either.

Kalil - Reitz - Saturday - Ijalana - Castonzo. Sounds good to me.

or

Garcon, Blackmon, Collie, Clark/Tamme. Nothing wrong with that either.

or

Claiborne, Powers, Lacey, Rucker. MUCH better than Powers, Lacey, Rucker etc.

Come on Blue..he's been picked up 3 times for DUI..

If he had a real coach, he's have been kicked off the team...

..can you blow a high draft choice on that?

Twice for DUI one was bologna he was in his car parked second one was .08 come on.

He's a good kid and learned from his mistakes. He's got incredible talent. Blow a high draft choice on a big physical athletic wideout I sure would.

Twice for DUI one was bologna he was in his car parked second one was .08 come on.

He's a good kid and learned from his mistakes. He's got incredible talent. Blow a high draft choice on a big physical athletic wideout I sure would.

..a big physical athletic wideout with an alcohal problem....caught 3 times.....no matter how you slice that lunch meat

The Colts have had enough problems like that ........Read: the punter..

When given a choice of a player with 3 arrests or no arrests..why not take the no arrests??

..a big physical athletic wideout with an alcohal problem....caught 3 times.....no matter how you slice that lunch meat

The Colts have had enough problems like that ........Read: the punter..

When given a choice of a player with 3 arrests or no arrests..why not take the no arrests??

Lol u don't get it. And that punter is out best special teams player.

Lol u don't get it. And that punter is out best special teams player.

..and that's not saying much..as I KNOW you know........and he's not a repeat offender (yet). :drink:

You'll never make GM drafting problem children

The question still stands....why not take the guy with no arrest record..?

..and that's not saying much..as I KNOW you know........and he's not a repeat offender (yet).

You'll never make GM drafting problem children

The question still stands....why not take the guy with no arrest record..?

Your acting like he's a crack dealer or murder. What he did was stupid no doubt. But he's a better talent in my eyes. He doesn't cause problems in the locker room or on field. What happened in the past is the past. He moved on and learned.

I want value in the 2nd overall pick. The best value picks there unless we could trade down would be either QB Robert Griffin or LT Matt Kalil. If we couldnt trade down Id rather have RGIII since we have more of a need there for the future than at OT.

I agree but would rather have Kalil instead.

as good as Kalil may or may not become, he simply isnt a "need" on this team. We spent our first 2 draft picks on tackles last year and they both look like they will be good. what we NEED on the o-line is at least one guard, which shouldnt be taken as high as our first round pick. When people assess our O line and D line, they seem to judge them "as is", instead of stopping to think about the fact that Castonzo has played hurt most of the season, and missed 4 games....and Ijalana has been out pretty much the whole year, too...and on D, Nevis looks like he will be a really good DT, but has also been out with injury.

If you plug a healthy Castonzo and Ijalana in at the OT spots and a healthy Rietz back in at OG, then our main need is another OG, not OT.

Call me crazy, but WR is a bigger need than OT...especially when you consider that Wayne, Garcon and Gonzo are all 3 free agents.

QB is a need, even if Manning is healthy, but not a "must have" for this year, unless the right guy is available. As much as i'd rather trade the pick, Luck would be a good fit...but if we dont get the #1 pick, we would be much better off either waiting until next year or drafting a QB later in this draft. Personally, i would much rather have Foles, Tannehill or even Keenum later in the draft over RGIII. If we dont get Luck and the #1 pick, we would be much better served picking a player that would help right now, instead of a different QB so high in this draft.

To me, our biggest needs are OG, WR, CB and SS (not in any particular order)

Your acting like he's a crack dealer or murder. What he did was stupid no doubt. But he's a better talent in my eyes. He doesn't cause problems in the locker room or on field. What happened in the past is the past. He moved on and learned.

I hopr you're right....because he's a strong player...

..but 3 times would send me else where..at least in the 1st round

as good as Kalil may or may not become, he simply isnt a "need" on this team. We spent our first 2 draft picks on tackles last year and they both look like they will be good. what we NEED on the o-line is at least one guard, which shouldnt be taken as high as our first round pick. When people assess our O line and D line, they seem to judge them "as is", instead of stopping to think about the fact that Castonzo has played hurt most of the season, and missed 4 games....and Ijalana has been out pretty much the whole year, too...and on D, Nevis looks like he will be a really good DT, but has also been out with injury.

If you plug a healthy Castonzo and Ijalana in at the OT spots and a healthy Rietz back in at OG, then our main need is another OG, not OT.

Call me crazy, but WR is a bigger need than OT...especially when you consider that Wayne, Garcon and Gonzo are all 3 free agents.

QB is a need, even if Manning is healthy, but not a "must have" for this year, unless the right guy is available. As much as i'd rather trade the pick, Luck would be a good fit...but if we dont get the #1 pick, we would be much better off either waiting until next year or drafting a QB later in this draft. Personally, i would much rather have Foles, Tannehill or even Keenum later in the draft over RGIII. If we dont get Luck and the #1 pick, we would be much better served picking a player that would help right now, instead of a different QB so high in this draft.

To me, our biggest needs are OG, WR, CB and SS (not in any particular order)

NT and WLB..especially if you intend to make a Tampa 2 work! The problem is a Tampa 2 is zone coverage for corners, Caliborne would be a reach at 2, Blackmon is a reach at 2... Kalil is the only worth while #2. I know about the line issue, I have been beat up time and time again for wanting Kalil. It doesn't matter what round or how pieces were selected, you take the best available player, and it works out even better if he fills a need! Since Kalil is the only good selection there, I would trade down with a team like Miami or Washington, someone who would offer value for RGIII, but are still a top 10 draft pick. Then guys like Coples, Blackmon, Caliborne, Kirpatrick don't become reaches.

while i agree that NT is a need, there arent any that are worthy of a first round pick in THIS year's draft.

And i think that Castonzo and Ijalana will both be good tackles...Ijalana even has enough potential/upside to be one of the better ones from the draft, when its all said and done...so therefore, i dont think that OT is a need...thats why i left Kalil out of "my" draft...

And Blackmon, i think, will be the best WR from this draft...has a good combination of speed and size along with good hands and route running...he may be a reach at #2, but then again, how many times can you remember Polian trading DOWN? If he doesnt trade down, and we end up w/the #2 pick, i dont want to take another OT....if we do, we will soon be like the Lions were when they took the same position (WR) every year in the first/second rounds lol

while i agree that NT is a need, there arent any that are worthy of a first round pick in THIS year's draft.

And i think that Castonzo and Ijalana will both be good tackles...Ijalana even has enough potential/upside to be one of the better ones from the draft, when its all said and done...so therefore, i dont think that OT is a need...thats why i left Kalil out of "my" draft...

And Blackmon, i think, will be the best WR from this draft...has a good combination of speed and size along with good hands and route running...he may be a reach at #2, but then again, how many times can you remember Polian trading DOWN? If he doesnt trade down, and we end up w/the #2 pick, i dont want to take another OT....if we do, we will soon be like the Lions were when they took the same position (WR) every year in the first/second rounds lol

Ijalana has the potential to play Guard... which would solve the issue the Colts have right now on the offensive line (Guard). If getting one of the highest rated LT's to come out of the draft solidifies the enitre offensive line, it would be a wise move, especially with Manning healthy! But I understand your logic, and we all heard what Polian said, the Colts are set at LT, and won't take Kalil, just like if they had #1 they wouldn't trade the pick for the bounty like I wanted... so if the Colts have #2 and do not trade down, and that probably means Polian is still the GM, then I think Coples or Caliborne are the better pick. I think Manning makes whoever is at WR shine, so there could be value players later in the draft i.e. Jones, Streeter, even Bryoles in the fifth or sixth round! Agreed there is no impact NT in this draft, but Poe or Thompson would warrant a late first round pick, if say they traded with Cleveland, certainly one of those guys in the second round.. or possibly someone else in the third round i.e. Short or Chapman. So it depends on Mannings health and what the Colts do with free agency with their own first... But at #2 if not Kalil, or a trade back, I go defense and either Coples or Claiborne.

Ijalana has the potential to play Guard... which would solve the issue the Colts have right now on the offensive line (Guard). If getting one of the highest rated LT's to come out of the draft solidifies the enitre offensive line, it would be a wise move, especially with Manning healthy! But I understand your logic, and we all heard what Polian said, the Colts are set at LT, and won't take Kalil, just like if they had #1 they wouldn't trade the pick for the bounty like I wanted... so if the Colts have #2 and do not trade down, and that probably means Polian is still the GM, then I think Coples or Caliborne are the better pick. I think Manning makes whoever is at WR shine, so there could be value players later in the draft i.e. Jones, Streeter, even Bryoles in the fifth or sixth round! Agreed there is no impact NT in this draft, but Poe or Thompson would warrant a late first round pick, if say they traded with Cleveland, certainly one of those guys in the second round.. or possibly someone else in the third round i.e. Short or Chapman. So it depends on Mannings health and what the Colts do with free agency with their own first... But at #2 if not Kalil, or a trade back, I go defense and either Coples or Claiborne.

Everyone likes to say that Ijalana can play guard, but the fact is, that he's never played guard in his life, and may NOT transistion very well...and the only reason he wasnt projected as a starting LT in the draft, is because he's only around 6'4" tall and most LTs are 6'6-6'7

Coples may be alright in the NFL...he may end up being really good...but he hasnt really shown much in college this year. Although, i wouldnt mind going to bigger DEs like him, once Mathis/Freeney arent around...

As for Claiborne, i think he will be a real stud at CB, but with the defense that Polian seems set on playing, i just cant see him taking one at #2...

Polian has also said that he wants more "playmakers" at every position, besides OT and RB...thats why, especially with 3 of our top 4 WRs being free agents, i could see him taking the best WR in the draft with the pick...

In the end, we may all be wrong...you never know what will happen between now and the draft...but regardless, we will be in position to have the best draft we have had in a LONG time, if we do a good job with the picks we end up with, at or near the top of every round

Hands down? I would have no problem with selecting him in the first. But at 2nd? No. If they decide they want to get him then trade back as many times as possible because Floyd wont go until late first round.

Yea I'm saying if they traded to like Cleveland.

I agree but would rather have Kalil instead.

Ijalana had very little playing time before getting injured and looked like your typical rookie(he was expected to be a project at OT or possibly OG when drafted anyway). The back-up OT (now starting) is Lickenbach.

Give Manning an O-line that gives him time to throw the ball and a run threat and he will turn any WR you can pick up in the mid rounds into a probowler

I think alot deppends on what we do on offseason..if we go after FA but most importaly coaches.

if we keep mike murphy and our cover 2, there is no point of having such a talented cb as claiborne. why? i believe you dont need that talented corners to play cover 2, you need more physical/fast than man to man corners. if we were to still play cover 2 im all for trading down or taking floyd.

if we wre to bring a new scheme, its a no brainer for me, a cb. we just dont have talent there, that simple.

however even if we do go corner and cover 2 id understand we simply lack talent there.

i would normally say DT, but there isnt any dareus/suh type of prospect in this draft it seems.

Ijalana had very little playing time before getting injured and looked like your typical rookie(he was expected to be a project at OT or possibly OG when drafted anyway). The back-up OT (now starting) is Lickenbach.

Give Manning an O-line that gives him time to throw the ball and a run threat and he will turn any WR you can pick up in the mid rounds into a probowler

I think at pick #2 anyone besides Kalil may be a reach, so if not the trade down, then you draft Kalil! I don't see why anyone would be opposed to that, it keeps the Colts from having to select a Guard, they can wait till much later in the draft...if they want to give Reitz some competition.