Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Caldwell.....(Merge)

manning2dallas

Again, like I said if people want to rip him for that it is more than fair to rip him for that. What isn't fair to rip him for is acting like there was no drop off from Peyton Manning to Curtis Painter like some people try to pretend like and thus not having Manning isn't part of the reason this team is struggling this year. It's pretty clear this team's largest issue (note largest issue does not mean only issue) has been that they don't have enough talent at the QB spot. It's not Jim Caldwell's fault Peyton Manning got hurt and Curtis Painter doesn't have NFL talent. With that said it is more than fair to point out Caldwell made poor choices in cutting Orlovsky and not going to him sooner once he was brought back.

Like I've said from the start there is nothing wrong with ripping Caldwell for things that are fair, like a poor choice on who they went with at the QB spot. The only thing that I am pointing out is the over the top stuff is just pilling on that people are doing because they don't like Caldwell. There is more than enough stuff to throw out there that Caldwell can be held responable for to make a very strong case he should be let go without having to add the over the top stuff that people are doing.

I agree with you. Manning missing was a huge hit to this team, it effected player's morale immediatly. I fortunately can rip caldwell for not keeping his team up in spirits after Manning was gone. He just kept filling them with pipe dreams that they were close to winning and that they just needed to "try a little harder" I can't think of anything positive that Caldwell has contributed to this team since he became HC and that is enough for me to have him gone.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you. Manning missing was a huge hit to this team, it effected player's morale immediatly. I fortunately can rip caldwell for not keeping his team up in spirits after Manning was gone. He just kept filling them with pipe dreams that they were close to winning and that they just needed to "try a little harder" I can't think of anything positive that Caldwell has contributed to this team since he became HC and that is enough for me to have him gone.

They have lost six games by one score or less. That would mean playing just a little harder probably would have won those game and this team could very well be 8-7 right now trying to get to 9-7 and everyone would be saying this was a good season for not having Manning. So it's not so much a pipedream as you claimed. A pipedream is saying if they played just a little harder they would have beaten the Saints.

Was firing Rus Purrnel and Ron Meeks a poistive in your mind? Was making the change no matter how slow it might have been to Orlovsky not a poistive? Was firing Coyer this year not a poisitive in your mind? Was not coaching this team to four straight wins to make the playoffs last year not a poistive? There are poistives there again most fans just choose to over look them or try not to give Caldwell any credit for them. Are they enough poistives to justifty keeping his job? That's a very different arguement and one that you can easily say the answer to is no.

They have lost six games by one score or less. That would mean playing just a little harder probably would have won those game and this team could very well be 8-7 right now trying to get to 9-7 and everyone would be saying this was a good season for not having Manning. So it's not so much a pipedream as you claimed. A pipedream is saying if they played just a little harder they would have beaten the Saints.

Was firing Rus Purrnel and Ron Meeks a poistive in your mind? Was making the change no matter how slow it might have been to Orlovsky not a poistive? Was firing Coyer this year not a poisitive in your mind? Was not coaching this team to four straight wins to make the playoffs last year not a poistive? There are poistives there again most fans just choose to over look them or try not to give Caldwell any credit for them. Are they enough poistives to justifty keeping his job? That's a very different arguement and one that you can easily say the answer to is no.

Margian of victory is irrelevant, look at the patriots game, We lost by 1 score but was the game REALLY that close? I think not, Patriots went soft on us which RARELY happens. I really feel your way out in left field with where your going on this.

Your not gonna get anywhere with me on your highlighted points because I feel like firing Coyer and going to Orlovsky was a negative becase we did it so late in the season and now we are in jeopardy of slipping from the #1 pick to the #2. I also don't feel like caldwell was directly responsible for the firing of Coyer.

What it really comes down to is this. Should Jim Caldwell be the head coach of the Colts next season? The answer is No.

You could only come up with 5?

Are there 13 reasons so far...?

Seriously, we couldn't expect th team going faultless without Manning, so we can't b lame Caldwell for all 13 losses, but there are several games those could have been won, ant there was that game @ NO

He was out coached several times, so the ream lost confidence in him, or at least there is some disharmony.

The 14-0 season will be debated here long,but my thoughts are about that:

...the team was in top form with Manning, and coaching staff inherited from Dungy. Later Caldwell started to bring in his own persons

...I don't blame him for not going for the perfect season, but in SB coaching was poor.

I'm sure they are using video tapes and other sources to work out strategy for the next game, question how successful is he in setting up strategy to win.

IMO he would have been already fired at any other team (2 HCs have been fired in this mid season), and I don't think these wins would save his job, but anything may happen.

I belive this team needs a more experienced HC, we have quality players who are able to win anytime, and with some reinforcement and Manning they are proper to mars toward an other SB with a real leader type HC.

As much as I would like to see Caldwell canned, will not happen as the new excuse will be about building upon that 3 game winning streak to end the season-If he's not on the breaking news segment Monday at the ESPN bottom scroll of coaches fired, unlucky how the Colts will be with him back in 2012 for more Mr. Emotions.

I am in great favor of Calwell being gone after this year, however it's really hard to find puppets, and well Polian needs a puppet. I think if we need to start guessing or adding hope list for DC, and HC we need to figure out who all are puppets cause that's the list Polian will choose from.

My only question I have, and wish I could find an answer... Why does the Colts waste money on these positions? HC, OC, DC.... Why don't we just let Polian have all 3 spots? He already has them just pays puppets to pretend to sit in that spot, seems money could go to something else, like putting up some new art work on LOS...

A college coach is exactly what the Colts have right now, and a sub par college coach at that...

That is nice theory and all, but Caldwell had 8 years in the Colts organization before he became the Head Coach.

I don't believe Peterson has any NFL experience at all.

With the exception of Peterson, I like the list. Not a fan of college coaches in the NFL.

This is just my interview list. What I don't want us to do, if we change coaches at all, is decide on our guy and go hire him. I'd like to see us do our due diligence, interview six or seven guys, and pick who we think is best. If we interview a college guy like Peterson (who has an outstanding college resume, much like Jim Harbaugh's), and he's a standout prospect, I think we should seriously consider him. I definitely don't think it's prudent to rule him out just because he's a college guy.

I don't like Jeff Fisher as a prospect, but if we were to interview a bunch of guys, and wind up hiring Jeff Fisher, I'd actually be okay with that. At least we did a pretty exhaustive search and hired who we felt was the best fit. But if we just say "we want Jeff Fisher," and go hire him, I'll have a problem with that.

The first point was strong enough. 0-13 is unacceptable, any way you slice it. But it just went waaaaaay downhill from there.

I posted my short list of candidates a few weeks ago. I just hope we're not committed to "continuity" like Jim Irsay insinuated last week. I'd like to see us be committed to getting better.

Mr. Irsay should realize that PM and the rest of vets on this team, is all the continuity this team needs.

He didn't seem to concerned with continuity when Mora had a terrible season and was fired. Sometimes you just have to start over and look at the period of greatness the Colts achieved afterwards

Margian of victory is irrelevant, look at the patriots game, We lost by 1 score but was the game REALLY that close? I think not, Patriots went soft on us which RARELY happens. I really feel your way out in left field with where your going on this.

Your not gonna get anywhere with me on your highlighted points because I feel like firing Coyer and going to Orlovsky was a negative becase we did it so late in the season and now we are in jeopardy of slipping from the #1 pick to the #2. I also don't feel like caldwell was directly responsible for the firing of Coyer.

What it really comes down to is this. Should Jim Caldwell be the head coach of the Colts next season? The answer is No.

I gotta agree with this, even in the games where we lost with one score or whatever doesn't reflect how close that game was. Garbage time TDs make the game look a lot closer than it really was.

Actually we're not all grown ups. There are under age members a-plenty. Really it just helps auto-moderate more than you have any idea.

I work with a lot of under age people at my work and every one of them cuss worse than a sailor. Not that we should be allowed to. But i don't think this board is making a difference in their lives.