Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Caldwell.....(Merge)

manning2dallas

I've wanted him all along....everyone convinced now that we've won back-to-back?

As a season ticket holder, I'll be at the game next week....I'll also come with my "Keep Caldwell" sign like I have been all season.

Let's finish this season strong next week under Jim and make a push for the big game next year with a healthy squad.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am looking at it objectively. From game to game, we did not make defensive adjustments. Coyer was Caldwell's preference for a hire, not Polian's. The decision to play Painter was also Caldwell's. Too little too late, IMO, to fire Coyer and bench Painter. The squad has not changed dramatically, the QB and the defensive play has gotten better even with injuries the last 2 games. The head coach has to have a lion's share of the blame for the on field performance. Polians are not without blame but like I said, this squad was capable of 5-6 wins easily with the right coaching. It is not just Caldwell but any coaching related issues have to go back to head coach who failed to recognize it sooner.

I've wanted him all along....everyone convinced now that we've won back-to-back?

As a season ticket holder, I'll be at the game next week....I'll also come with my "Keep Caldwell" sign like I have been all season.

Let's finish this season strong next week under Jim and make a push for the big game next year with a healthy squad.

Dear God. You really think two wins in this bad of a season is enough to change the minds of those who wanted him fired? Seriously?

If you look at Caldwell's first season, all he had to do was stand there while Peyton Manning and co. ran the offense. The defense played pretty good that season as well and they were a complete squad.

By both sides of the ball playing well, Caldwell has the easiest job in the NFL. Heck, he even went to the Super Bowl that year.

However, look what has been happening....

Caldwell's record in 2009 14-2 goes to Super Bowl...Losses to the Saints (Still hurts to talk about)

Caldwell's record in 2010 10-6 AFC Wild Card game...Losses to the Jets (I hate the Jets)

Caldwell's record in 2011 either 3-13 or 2-14....No Peyton Manning this season

Since his 2009 season, wins have decreased....

Granted, the loss of Peyton Manning was a devastating blow this season but that's the way the NFL works sometimes. Your best player(s) can go do at any point and you have to take control of the ship and make due with what you have to win. But, with Manning not playing this year, it really puts the focus on the Polians and especially Caldwell.

The Colts have had their worst stats on both sides of the ball this season, and were flirting with the possibility of an 0-16 season

http://www.nfl.com/teams/indianapoliscolts/statistics?team=IND

Luckily, we got a win but it took Caldwell fourteen weeks and 3 different QB's to get that first win.....

I think we need a change in coach...We need to become elite once again on both sides of the ball, and have a prominent figure at the head coach position.

His responsibility is to oversee and evaluate talent.....such as the back-up QB. By far the most egregious error made this season was the lack of foresight and sloppy handling of Manning's replacement. It's been shown quite inarguably tht a decent back-up QB is all this team needed to win. There was a bevy of available QB talent yet we went with a retired old man and then .....the Painter project.....that was bizarre. This is Caldwell's folly.

Caldwell may be a fine assistant coach but there has been much evidence that perhaps the NFL HC position isn't his thing.

so then, if you have to give him "props" for the wins....then you have to give him blame for the losses....cant have it both ways...

so:

Props = 2

Blame = 13

I think we have a winner! lol

"as a season ticket holder" you'll be at the game...even though its AT Jacksonville? you must be the BIGGEST Caldwell supporter in the world, if you're going to florida to hold your sign!

we beat a texan team BARELY, without their best defensive player and their starting qb and wr. mostly because of stupid penalties.

1 silly call. That is no reason for a team in Houston's position to lose to a 1-13 team.

Excuses excuses.....they are like buttholes ....everyone has one and they all stink.

NO please no . He has no clock management none once so ever. It didnt cause the game but he wasted our timeouts against the texans . we should have had atleast one left maybe two he called the first timeout at the wrong time he is just lost i have seen better clock management on madden games. Please no keep Caldwell sighns at the game . I have watched everygame this year and that may make me turn the channel

Patriots were down 17-0 at the half this past week. Belichick went on a profanity laced halftime tirade that got his team's attention, and ended up scoring 27 unanswered in the second half. Can you ever imagine Caldwell doing anything like this? I want a coach that is going to light a fire under my team's *, and Caldwell is not that guy.

Link to Belichick tirade story: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825695be/article/belichicks-halftime-tonguelashing-led-to-inspired-second-half?module=HP11_headline_stack

Man, this board censors EVERYTHING doesn't it? You should check out the jets and giants boards -- no moderation at all... and sometimes better for it. This is 2011, we're all grownups, and those of us that aren't are going to exposed to the "heck word" (oh noes!) on the internet sooner or later. End rant.

1 silly call. That is no reason for a team in Houston's position to lose to a 1-13 team.

Excuses excuses.....they are like buttholes ....everyone has one and they all stink.

its not really an excuse to barely beat a third string rookie qb. no starting qb, no andre johnson, no mario williams and we barely win. thats not an excuse. thats pathetic and so are the other teams that lost to the texans in this stage of the season.

Man, this board censors EVERYTHING doesn't it? You should check out the jets and giants boards -- no moderation at all... and sometimes better for it. This is 2011, we're all grownups, and those of us that aren't are going to exposed to the "heck word" (oh noes!) on the internet sooner or later. End rant.

Actually we're not all grown ups. There are under age members a-plenty. Really it just helps auto-moderate more than you have any idea.

If we win at Jax....or play very well...

its not really an excuse to barely beat a third string rookie qb. no starting qb, no andre johnson, no mario williams and we barely win. thats not an excuse. thats pathetic and so are the other teams that lost to the texans in this stage of the season.

Have you seen our injury report? I think we have more to lean on in that regard. They lost because they aren't good enough to win. One bad call does not cover their butts. The call on Bethea that gave the Texans a FG was bogus if you ask me. But I'm not gonna cry about it, even if we lost. Every game has bad calls, every game.

We weren't awarded 7 points for that hit to Danny O's legs. They had a chance to stop us past that point, and they failed.

Have you seen our injury report? I think we have more to lean on in that regard. They lost because they aren't good enough to win. One bad call does not cover their butts. The call on Bethea that gave the Texans a FG was bogus if you ask me. But I'm not gonna cry about it, even if we lost. Every game has bad calls, every game.

We weren't awarded 7 points for that hit to Danny O's legs. They had a chance to stop us past that point, and they failed.

but my point is we basically got lucky which is sad considering the fact that it was a third string qb we were facing. this win didnt prove anything to me about caldwell keeping his job.

Patriots were down 17-0 at the half this past week. Belichick went on a profanity laced halftime tirade that got his team's attention, and ended up scoring 27 unanswered in the second half. Can you ever imagine Caldwell doing anything like this? I want a coach that is going to light a fire under my team's *, and Caldwell is not that guy.

Link to Belichick tirade story: http://www.nfl.com/n..._headline_stack

When Jimmy C had Manning..he didnt need to do that...

Bottom line..if we end with a 3-game streak...all in division...with the 3rd string QB ..and 3 starters out on defense

Coach C. is sure to return..

but my point is we basically got lucky which is sad considering the fact that it was a third string qb we were facing. this win didnt prove anything to me about caldwell keeping his job.

Oh no...in regard to Caldwell keeping job job....NO. I agree thats no solace for his performance here.

I just think the fervor over the bad calls is ridiculously overblown. Houston fans are getting way carried away with that crap and my response is...if they want to brag about owning the division this year, then they should be able to beat a 1-13 squad that is also, even more-so, riddled with injury.

Oh no...in regard to Caldwell keeping job job....NO. I agree thats no solace for his performance here.

I just think the fervor over the bad calls is ridiculously overblown. Houston fans are getting way carried away with that crap and my response is...if they want to brag about owning the division this year, then they should be able to beat a 1-13 squad that is also, even more-so, riddled with injury.

that i agree with

that i agree with

I'll add to all that by saying it wasn't anything Caldwell did that spurred a few wins, it was finally putting in place a viable QB, which should have been done some 4-5 months ago. The whole thing was handled poorly, and 1 man more than any other deserves the blame for that.

We won. Because of more then 1 bad call. The bad calls kept extending the drive so yes it's a factor.

We won. Because of more then 1 bad call. The bad calls kept extending the drive so yes it's a factor.

What bad calls?

The roughing penalty I'll give 'em but the rest of the ones in question were garden variety bunk that no one has any business bringing up as an excuse for losing to a 1-13 team.

lets see,

a hc who took us to the super bowl and got outcouched(don't worry no-one does a onside kick at the beginning of a half.)

a hc who has the look on his face as if he just did a no-no in his pants.

a hc who doesn't know how to use his timeouts wisely(cost us the Jets game).

a hc that 2 years removes from a superbowl appearance barely gets 2 wins against teams without thier stars and late in the season when the games are meaningless.

let me just say...NO!

On mike and mike this morning mort Adam and carter brought this topic up. It was pretty funny. They made a good point when háve u ever seen Caldwell say something on the sidelines. Not just yelling or screaming but anything at all.

On mike and mike this morning mort Adam and carter brought this topic up. It was pretty funny. They made a good point when háve u ever seen Caldwell say something on the sidelines. Not just yelling or screaming but anything at all.

See him all the time "lipping something" as he claps his hands "good job" "good job" .... Let him GO!