Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Survey Shows Tom Brady's Popularity Reaching Career Low

Restored

From the minute he took the podium right after this broke until this latest information, my opinion has changed

Yes, Tom's blissful ignorance was very troubling to me as well Gramz. I keep waiting for him to address the media a 2nd time for clarification purposes, but the longer he says nothing the worse my perception of his role in this scandal becomes. I want to hear from you Tom not your lawyer in plain, candid english.

If Brady says nothing in 3 weeks, I will be compelled to alter my view of him permanently. I'm trying to allow you ample time to defend yourself Brady or apologize & yet all I hear are crickets. What's the hold up? How hard is it to either come clean or present other evidence? Or does your silence furnish all the evidence I need? I just can't understand his aloofness here at all. It makes no sense to me. 

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Tom's blissful ignorance was very troubling to me as well Gramz. I keep waiting for him to address the media a 2nd time for clarification purposes, but the longer he says nothing the worse my perception of his role in this scandal becomes. I want to hear from you Tom not your lawyer in plain, candid english.

If Brady says nothing in 3 weeks, I will be compelled to alter my view of him permanently. I'm trying to allow you ample time to defend yourself Brady or apologize & yet all I hear are crickets. What's the hold up? How hard is it to either come clean or present other evidence? Or does your silence furnish all the evidence I need? I just can't understand his aloofness here at all. It makes no sense to me. 

SW, Brady said he will address it but right now he is in the middle of the appeal and I am sure has been advised by his lawyers to say nothing until the legal stuff is put to bed.

Silence is a guilty man's trait

Yeah. 1a and 1b for sure.

Who do you like in the NBA playoffs? I want to see Cleveland win.

I can't stand LeBron, I have never liked him.  I am and always will be a die hard Bulls fan.  The thing that annoys me the most about him is how he trys to be like MJ.  I also hate how people argue about LeBron and MJ because there is no comparison, Jordans the GOAT.  To answer your question, I am rooting for Golden State or the Clippers, they are such exciting teams to watch.  I am the exact opposite of you, I am rooting for any team to win except Cle lol.  I also can't stand Cle fans(basketball wise anyways).

I can't stand LeBron, I have never liked him.  I am and always will be a die hard Bulls fan.  The thing that annoys me the most about him is how he trys to be like MJ.  I also hate how people argue about LeBron and MJ because there is no comparison, Jordans the GOAT.  To answer your question, I am rooting for Golden State or the Clippers, they are such exciting teams to watch.  I am the exact opposite of you, I am rooting for any team to win except Cle lol.  I also can't stand Cle fans(basketball wise anyways).

I like Lebron. I don't think he gets a fair shake by the media at all. I agree he is not Jordan but I think he knows that too. I did not like him as much when he was playing for Miami because I can't stand Wade but now that he is back with the Cavaliers, I would like to see him win.

I also like the Clippers because Doc is there. But I don't think they have enough to take out Lebron. Should be fun. It has been a great post-season so far ...

I like Lebron. I don't think he gets a fair shake by the media at all. I agree he is not Jordan but I think he knows that too. I did not like him as much when he was playing for Miami because I can't stand Wade but now that he is back with the Cavaliers, I would like to see him win.

I also like the Clippers because Doc is there. But I don't think they have enough to take out Lebron. Should be fun. It has been a great post-season so far ...

It's been great. I will dis agree with you about the Clippers, out of any team left they would be the toughest for Cle.  Cle will struggle against teams with two all star big men because they will be beat them up inside, not to mention LAC have CP3 and both benches are awful.  They won't be able to play to their strength which is small ball, spread the court and shoot 3's(off of LeBrons drives).  If I were the Cavs I'd be rooting for the Rockets or Warriors to make it over the Clippers.  I think ATL Cle or WAS CLE will be a better series then what people think as well.

It's been great. I will dis agree with you about the Clippers, out of any team left they would be the toughest for Cle.  Cle will struggle against teams with two all star big men because they will be beat them up inside, not to mention LAC have CP3 and both benches are awful.  They won't be able to play to their strength which is small ball, spread the court and shoot 3's(off of LeBrons drives).  If I were the Cavs I'd be rooting for the Rockets or Warriors to make it over the Clippers.  I think ATL Cle or WAS CLE will be a better series then what people think as well.

I am pulling hard for Washington because of Pierce who I think is one of the most underrated post-season clutch performers but I just can't see them winning their series vs Atlanta. But I would love it if they did.

You are probably right about the Clippers and their match up with the Cavs but I think Lebron breathed a big sigh when the Spurs went out.

SW, Brady said he will address it but right now he is in the middle of the appeal and I am sure has been advised by his lawyers to say nothing until the legal stuff is put to bed.

I get what your saying from a legal perspective AMF, but I view it like a person accused of sexual assault. Obviously, there is no correlation to Tom Brady or deflate gate here I know, but here's my point: If my integrity is being attacked or sternly called into question personally & professionally, I don't need a legal team to protect me. I tell my side of the story before public perception & silence do me more harm than good. 

If he didn't do anything incriminating or questionable,  what legal protection is really necessary? I'm not accusing Brady of any wrong doing directly because I have no direct proof of that. I'm merely saying if I were in Brady's shoes, I wouldn't continue waiting or stalling. An innocent man doesn't hang back & say nothing at all. They demand to kick over every stone & clear up any ambiguity as soon as possible. 

I get what your saying from a legal perspective AMF, but I view it like a person accused of sexual assault. Obviously, there is no correlation to Tom Brady or deflate gate here I know, but here's my point: If my integrity is being attacked or sternly called into question personally & professionally, I don't need a legal team to protect me. I tell my side of the story before public perception & silence do me more harm than good. 

If he didn't do anything incriminating or questionable,  what legal protection is really necessary? I'm not accusing Brady of any wrong doing directly because I have no direct proof of that. I'm merely saying if I were in Brady's shoes, I wouldn't continue waiting or stalling. An innocent man doesn't hang back & say nothing at all. They demand to kick over every stone & clear up any ambiguity as soon as possible. 

He will address it after the legal stuff is done. He has maintained his innocence from day one. At this point, anything he would say to refute the report would hurt his case. I fully expect him to sit down with Peter King when this thing is all over.

lol.

Brady has been the most hated athlete since he started winning rings out of the gate. This poll is wrong. No way 53 percent of people like Brady.  But he really is not interested in popularity. He is after all, Lord of the Rings:

super-bowl-xlix-memes_28.jpg?itok=0rJsJd

Sorry but you don't even get the title for most hated athlete unless you have Floyd Mayweather on your team. 

Brady, he lies.

His wife has nice thighs.

He smears black stuff under his eyes.

He likes pumpkin pies.

His big boss spies.

He is the GOAT

He doesn't gloat.

He has a big boat

He likes a potata,

He is a motivator

He is the deflator.

He plays the guitar

He thinks he's bizzare

He likes a fajita

He's not a wife beater

He don't have a heater

He is a big cheater.

The End

Sorry.

He will address it after the legal stuff is done. He has maintained his innocence from day one. At this point, anything he would say to refute the report would hurt his case. I fully expect him to sit down with Peter King when this thing is all over.

If that is Tom Brady's course of action in this matter, he or his reputation rather, will drown like 1912 Titanic public perception wise. I truly believe that. 

His HOF legacy will remain intact, but personally, if he does exactly what you suggest, Brady will never recover from this. As smart as Tommy is, his approach to passive damage control is terrible. 

If that is Tom Brady's course of action in this matter, he or his reputation rather, will drown like 1912 Titanic public perception wise. I truly believe that. 

His HOF legacy will remain intact, but personally, if he does exactly what you suggest, Brady will never recover from this. As smart as Tommy is, his approach to passive damage control is terrible. 

You seem to be the only one with this expectation SW. Everyone understands he is in an appeal process therefore being counseled to remain quiet. If that makes you think less of him then so be it but it is smart from legal stand point as number one right is to try to get this suspension reduced or overturned.

He will address it after the legal stuff is done. He has maintained his innocence from day one. At this point, anything he would say to refute the report would hurt his case. I fully expect him to sit down with Peter King when this thing is all over.

Reporter: Is Tom Brady a cheater?

Tom Brady: I don't believe so.

Reporter: Is Tom Brady a cheater?

Tom Brady: I don't believe so.

Jim Irsay post AFCCG: “What’s missing is trying to continue to bring in a team that I talked about, which is a really tough defensive team. A team that can run the ball and surround Andrew with that.’’

"With the 29th pick of the 2015 draft the Indianapolis Colts take WR Philip Dorsett."

Jim Irsay post AFCCG: “What’s missing is trying to continue to bring in a team that I talked about, which is a really tough defensive team. A team that can run the ball and surround Andrew with that.’’

"With the 29th pick of the 2015 draft the Indianapolis Colts take WR Philip Dorsett."

This might be your best post in the entire Deflategate mess.......   

Bravo!!      :thmup:       :thmup:

Wow you have hit rock bottom

You seem to be the only one with this expectation SW. Everyone understands he is in an appeal process therefore being counseled to remain quiet. If that makes you think less of him then so be it but it is smart from legal stand point as number one right is to try to get this suspension reduced or overturned.

You always get ahead of the story & define your own narrative not let other's write the script for you unless the person in question is trying not let an embarrassing skeleton fall out of the proverbial closest. 

All his legal team is doing is trying to get Brady's suspension reduced or lifted AMF. They aren't defending Brady over a murder rap. This case really revolves around Brady's expert knowledge of footballs, how they feel in his hand over a decade long career, & whether one can reasonably assume he knew or should have known Wilson footballs thrown by him were a little light by NFL standards. 

I've never respected Brady even before the Wells Report. He's been seen yelling at referees, including the time after a game when he even chased the referee down the tunnel. Love the profanity, also. Way to teach kids who aspire to be like you, Tom!

There was also the incident where he stuck his foot out as he slide to the ground. That's a fine way to injure someone is taking out an opponent's knee.

I remember before the first Giants Superbowl when the Patriots were 16-0, Brady said, "We're trying to kill people. We're trying to blow them out if we can," confirming the Pats enjoy running up the score-board and care little about respecting their opponents.

Brady and the Pats just come across as being villains, and they play the role very well. I see all the time how Patriots fans say the organization is classy, but I have never seen it.

You always get ahead of the story & define your own narrative not let other's write the script for you unless the person in question is trying not let an embarrassing skeleton fall out of the proverbial closest. 

All his legal team is doing is trying to get Brady's suspension reduced or lifted AMF. They aren't defending Brady over a murder rap. This case really revolves around Brady's expert knowledge of footballs, how they feel in his hand over a decade long career, & whether one can reasonably assume he knew or should have known Wilson footballs thrown by him were a little light by NFL standards. 

Over the past 10 days Southwest this battle has been waged in the media. When you are preparing for a legal battle, it is important not to compromise that in the media. If you think Brady should take that risk because of his rep than that is your prerogative and we can agree to disagree. But I can tell you as a fan of his and the Pats, I want to see him get this suspension wiped out ahead of any public statements he makes. That is priority number one for this team heading into 2015 and its defense of their 4th Lombardi. 

I never think about him but lately he's starting to irritate me what with dragging this thing out.  Take your punishment.  You were wrong, own up to it and move on.  And let the rest of us move on as well

I never think about him but lately he's starting to irritate me what with dragging this thing out.  Take your punishment.  You were wrong, own up to it and move on.  And let the rest of us move on as well

Most players appeal their suspension as it is afforded to him being part of the union and the CBA. And many players have had favorable outcomes with this current Commissioner. It would be foolish for him not to appeal.

As an FYI, the appeal has to happen in the next 9 days so it may be over soon. Although I do think a court case is looming of Goodell ends up being the arbitrator as that would not be an impartial judge for his case.

If the Pats had Joe Montanna or Unitas or someone like that, I would hate the Pats but respect the QB and give him his props.  But, I have never liked Brady and it has nothing to do with his team beating us.   I can like Vince Wilfork.   I can even like Tedy Bruschi somewhat...and Gronk is stupidly funny.....but Brady?  Nope.  He is showing his true colors right now.      

Over the past 10 days Southwest this battle has been waged in the media. When you are preparing for a legal battle, it is important not to compromise that in the media. If you think Brady should take that risk because of his rep than that is your prerogative and we can agree to disagree. But I can tell you as a fan of his and the Pats, I want to see him get this suspension wiped out ahead of any public statements he makes. That is priority number one for this team heading into 2015 and its defense of their 4th Lombardi. 

It's fine. Friends can agree to disagree here on the public perception front. I'm cool with that. I do appreciate your honesty AMF "I want to see him get this suspension wiped out ahead of any public statements he makes. That is priority number one for this team heading into 2015 and its defense of their 4th Lombardi." 

Here's where you & I part ways here my friend...To me, a title defense campaign pales in comparison to a person's name, honor, & reputation. I'd be more inclined to be forthcoming & have people respect the last name on my jersey than worry about disrupting another shot at a 5th SB ring. Your name means everything; jewelry can wait as long as people know my reputation is unblemished. 

Brady is the most hated man in sports and it hasn't even peaked yet. What am doesn't get is that he's not Lebron or prime Al Davis or Ric Flair (just so you get the point) hated. People didn't want them gone, they wanted them to lose.

Brady is later years Al Davis, Favre, Hulk Hogan hated. People are flat out tired of him and don't want to see him on TV in any capacity.

Most players appeal their suspension as it is afforded to him being part of the union and the CBA. And many players have had favorable outcomes with this current Commissioner. It would be foolish for him not to appeal.

As an FYI, the appeal has to happen in the next 9 days so it may be over soon. Although I do think a court case is looming of Goodell ends up being the arbitrator as that would not be an impartial judge for his case.

the union allowed him to be the judge.

What I find interesting with this popularity stuff, is certain teams get 90% of the coverage on espn and the nfl network. (everyone knows which 10 teams I'm referring to). But from 2000 to 2013 here in western Pa. I saw 20 times more Peyton Manning jerseys than Tom Cheaty or Tony Romo, which I thought was pretty good considering you could watch those two networks 24 hours a day and not even know the Colts exist. Tom is a lying sack of cow dump along with the entire pat organization. They are so arrogant they don't even know how pathetic they are and what's worse they don't care. What an embarrassment, I am so proud to be a fan of a team that stands up for fair play in the face of the crony establishment that runs pro football. Kudos to Irsay, Grigson, and Coach Pagano. Thanks guys!

If the Pats had Joe Montanna or Unitas or someone like that, I would hate the Pats but respect the QB and give him his props. But, I have never liked Brady and it has nothing to do with his team beating us. I can like Vince Wilfork. I can even like Tedy Bruschi somewhat...and Gronk is stupidly funny.....but Brady? Nope. He is showing his true colors right now.

ok, let me stop you at liking Tedy...Brady is one thing, but Bruschi? I would rather run a cheese grater under my arm pits.

The thing that bothers me the most about this whole scandal is the things that he probably hasn't been caught doing. If the pats are thinking of everything even little advantages like spy gAte, or deflate gate, do you really think this is the only un sportsman thing Brady and the pats are guilty of? If someone pays that close attention to every little advantage and dots every I and crosses every T then I'm sure they have done more. It may never be proven but doesn't mean it never happened.

I am pulling hard for Washington because of Pierce who I think is one of the most underrated post-season clutch performers but I just can't see them winning their series vs Atlanta. But I would love it if they did.

You are probably right about the Clippers and their match up with the Cavs but I think Lebron breathed a big sigh when the Spurs went out.

Not to interrupt all the love going on in this thread but.....GO Rockets!!!!!

Brady is the most hated man in sports and it hasn't even peaked yet. What am doesn't get is that he's not Lebron or prime Al Davis or Ric Flair (just so you get the point) hated. People didn't want them gone, they wanted them to lose.

Brady is later years Al Davis, Favre, Hulk Hogan hated. People are flat out tired of him and don't want to see him on TV in any capacity.

I agree with all of this. I think with Brady it is more than just the winning or the suspect cheating of the Pats, it is him. His life. I think the New Jersey governor Christie said it best when he said people are jealous of his wife, his good looks, him taking a plane to the Derby and then to Vegas for the fight. And I can admit as Pats fan that he does come off as a bit arrogant as well so you add that in and there are a lot of reasons to want to see him lose.

I also think this last Lombardi put the hate meter over the top. People loved the fact that it had been 10 years and could chalk up his first three wins more to his teams being better than him given he was so young. But this season, he strapped the team to his back in the post-season beating the Ravens in historic fashion with the two 14 point comebacks and then Seattle after being down 10 in the fourth quarter leading the biggest comeback in NFL history. He surpassed all Montana's SB records on top, tied him for the most SB MVPs and has 5 more post season wins to him as well and 2 more SB appearances. He also buried the Brady/Manning debate forever. So really, there were no more story lines other than this ball pressure.

So I get the hate after this  past season especially. I still think Lebron is up there but perhaps not to the extent as Brady. But if he wins his third ring which I am hoping he does, America will have to watch its two most hated athletes get their rings. lol.

I understand that.  Just saying, he's wrong and now when I think of him.....that's what I think.  It's ridiculous.  If he gets his punishment reduced, he may feel righteous about it but, he shouldn't 

I agree with all of this. I think with Brady it is more than just the winning or the suspect cheating of the Pats, it is him. His life. I think the New Jersey governor Christie said it best when he said people are jealous of his wife, his good looks, him taking a plane to the Derby and then to Vegas for the fight. And I can admit as Pats fan that he does come off as a bit arrogant as well so you add that in and there are a lot of reasons to want to see him lose.

I also think this last Lombardi put the hate meter over the top. People loved the fact that it had been 10 years and could chalk up his first three wins more to his teams being better than him given he was so young. But this season, he strapped the team to his back in the post-season beating the Ravens in historic fashion with the two 14 point comebacks and then Seattle after being down 10 in the fourth quarter leading the biggest comeback in NFL history. He surpassed all Montana's SB records on top, tied him for the most SB MVPs and has 5 more post season wins to him as well and 2 more SB appearances. He also buried the Brady/Manning debate forever. So really, there were no more story lines other than this ball pressure.

So I get the hate after this  past season especially. I still think Lebron is up there but perhaps not to the extent as Brady. But if he wins his third ring which I am hoping he does, America will have to watch its two most hated athletes get their rings. lol.

Don't psychoanalyze this in order to dismiss the reaction toward him.  I don't hate him, but I do think he's cheated and now he's lying and he's unwilling to own up to it.

Winning is everyone's goal, not everyone does what he's done