Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Colts better be ready week 6. (merge)

Timo1

Call it whatever you want, the balls were deflated. The only person that the inflation would dramatically effect is the quarterback.

Again, that's not evidence.  There is no evidence.  Brady wouldn't turn over his phone. 

This wasn't a court of law, it was the NFL making a decision.  They don't have to have concrete evidence, but they do demand cooperation.  Which Brady didn't do.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, my thinking too. Chance the whole things gets over turned too IMO given they have no proof on him whatsoever related to the AFCCG.

One other thing not mentioned here is the Pats have the bye in week 4 then play Dallas and then Colts. They are usually a markedly better team after the bye the rest of the season.

No proof other than a bag of footballs that went missing after inspection and turned up deflated

Again, that's not evidence. There is no evidence. Brady wouldn't turn over his phone.

This wasn't a court of law, it was the NFL making a decision. They don't have to have concrete evidence, but they do demand cooperation. Which Brady didn't do.

It's damn good circumstantial evidence. Everyone watches too much CSI and thinks there should be blood or semen all over everything in order to punish someone.

I'm not worried about then being ready week 1. I'm not even worried about then being ready for week 6. The Colts have been manhandled by the pats since Luck got there. This board will be calling for everyone's head if the Colts don't win in week 6. That game in week 6 could be for the number #1 seed or at least the number#2.

I am definitely worried about week 1. The Colts started 0-2 last year. I never want to see that again as long as I live.

As for the Pats game, its a no win situation for us. Either Brady comes back and beats us which would continue the stigma or Brady comes back and we win leading to "Brady being rusty" jargon.

I want the W regardless but we will get slammed in the media either way. The only thing that matters is if we meet them in the Playoffs and own them.

Not concerned with Brady or pats being extra motivated at all!! They might win but they will play no different than normal. They always bring their best for the colts so I expect no different. The biggest difference this time, they have to play in Indy with a very hungry colts team. The colts are the ones with a score to settle!! Brady will do his norm dink and dunk and let the receivers do the rest and they will again try to run down our throats. May be a flashback if they get the chance to run the score up on us as they did the year Brady went after Peytons TD record, but the colts will be ready this time. So let them be upset could care less because no team should be more upset than the colts!! Payback Time!

Are you suggesting that Brady normally gives less than 100%?  Assuming that's not true, getting in Brady's head over his cheating can only help the Colts.  I think this is fantastic scheduling by the league - part of me wonders if the four game ban was in the back of the league's mind when they set the schedule.  Viewership will be sky high when the Colts thump them this year!  I can't wait!

From watching Tom Brady play Andrew Luck, I think the difference is Tom Brady doesn't try to give more than 100%, and sometimes Andrew does, which tends to get him into trouble.  Learning to play within yourself is a sign of confidence.

As far as "cheating", fuggitaboutit. The Patriots will push the envelope on rules to the breaking point, and if they get caught the arbitrators will come rescue them.

Haven't been ready the past 3 years.... how would that suddenly change this year?

Because I'm pretty sure the Colts will be sick and tired of listening to that crap about how the Pats are going to kill them. I look for a Colts win. In fact, no matter what the spread is for that game, I'm taking the Colts. I think we're going to kick the % out of them!

You all worry too much. Every team gives the SB champs their best game, every single team. And NE has an extra target now too on them.

Also, you all let Brady get in your head too much too. Why the heck should I be worried that pretty boy is going to be out for blood when HE IS THE GUILTY ONE. I am sick of hearing the Pats all these years having this major revenge crap when they are the ones who bring this on themselves to begin with. Hey if they want people to stop calling them cheaters and saying all this crap about them and wah wah wah.....THEN DON'T CHEAT. Don't break the rules. Easy, problem solved.

If anyone should be out for blood at home with the whole country watching it's THE COLTS. We along with other contending teams in the AFC are the ones who have been repeatedly screwed by the Patriots franchise.

Yep, to some Patriot fans it bothers me that they chalk up all this negative attention against their franchise to sheer jealousy of their success. No, not really. Just own up to breaking the rules, don't hide behind lawyers, & I can forgive almost any infraction. It infuriates how the owner demands an apology from the Commissioner before the Wells Report is released, how Tom Brady's attorney is coming across as so high & mighty like how dare you attack the integrity of a 4 time SB Champion, & if NFL investigators offered to work thru Brady' s attorney to get the relevant phone information to deflate gate what the hades is the problem?

It's like when the FBI says turn something over. That's not a request. Full compliance is full compliance & as long as your legal representative is there to protect your rights. What are you trying to hide Brady?  

The people who should be mad are the ones that play by the rules.The Colts aren't the ones who cheated.Brady should have thought about the consequences before he got involved in this.He should be mad at himself.

That's the other thing that ticks me off. The rules apply to every franchise equally NE fans. This isn't a witch hunt okay. Is your QB above reproach in all matters? Is it impossible for him to ever do anything wrong? Tom has a legal right to appeal this form of league punishment. That is his constitutional right. However, I want to hear from you Brady with no smiles or jokes please. 

If Brady just said, "you know, I screwed up & I should have known better." I would have more respect for him. Just own your awareness in this scandal & it begins to lose it's potency. But this air of invincibility is very troubling to me. INDY or Ryan Grigson didn't sandbag NE; You did that all on your own. 

Honestly, I don't see the Colts vs NE as some huge revenge game on the part of Brady. If the 4 game suspension stands, Brady might be a little rusty in the 1st half & the Colts have our own  concerns with shutting down the Patriots running game. We need this game more than NE does just to prove to ourselves that INDY can get a victory & make this a real AFC rivalry again. 

If I was a diehard NE fan, I'd actually be looking forward to see how well Jimmy G as backup QB improves with each game in the starting lineup. This situation might speed up Jimmy's development in meaningful games. 

Again, that's not evidence.  There is no evidence.  Brady wouldn't turn over his phone. 

This wasn't a court of law, it was the NFL making a decision.  They don't have to have concrete evidence, but they do demand cooperation.  Which Brady didn't do.

Bingo Smonroe! Had Brady turned over his phone & had Kraft not demanded an NFL apology before the SB, I believe that Brady would have only gotten a 2 game suspension, a $500,000 fine, & lost only 1 draft pick vs 2. 

It still baffles me that Brady didn't willingly turn over his phone or an attorney copy of all football text records. It screams of arrogance to me. JMO. 

Bingo Smonroe! Had Brady turned over his phone & had Kraft not demanded an NFL apology before the SB, I believe that Brady would have only gotten a 2 game suspension, a $500,000 fine, & lost only 1 draft pick vs 2. 

It still baffles me that Brady didn't willingly turn over his phone or an attorney copy of all football text records. It screams of arrogance to me. JMO.

Or, maybe what was on the phone totally incriminated him and he knew it could mean a bigger suspension.

We'll probably never know the real truth SW1. TBH, I'm tired of it being the only thing everyone is talking about. Where's Tim Tebow when you need him!

I for one am seriously worried. I bet right now Bill B. is scheming new ways to cheat that the NFL is not aware of. I mean how in the heck can we prepare for all the ways that team cheats! It's impossible.

Seriously though, If I had my way, we would play them 16 times next season. When someone beats you up, you meet them the next day and punch them in the mouth. If they beat you again, you punch them again the next day. The tide will turn and it will be the Pats with the bloodied lip. Not because they cheated and got caught.....er.....again. It will be because we got tired of it and punched them harder.

I see something that many might not see. I see a Colt team tired of this bullcrap and they have this game circled on their calendar to a man. I can feel the winds of change...

By the 6th game this young oline finds its stride and in our first possession, we run 11 straight running plays and score a TD. The upper east coast gets eerily silent.

When the Colts deflate defeat the Pats this coming season maybe that will take the "air" out of their hopes for another Super Bowl year.

I'm sorry, I tried for hours to refrain from posting that but I am weak.

"Vee vant to pump..... you up". I'm sorry, I did not want to write that  but again I have no control. It's as if someone has "stuck a needle in" me draining part of my courage out. Please don't be too hard on me, just "lighten up" a little. 

When the Colts deflate defeat the Pats this coming season maybe that will take the "air" out of their hopes for another Super Bowl year.

I'm sorry, I tried for hours to refrain from posting that but I am weak.

"Vee vant to pump..... you up". I'm sorry, I did not want to write that  but again I have no control. It's as if someone has "stuck a needle in" me draining part of my courage out. Please don't be too hard on me, just "lighten up" a little. 

I'm merging with a thread in the Colts section about our game against them. We're trying to keep from having a bunch of threads on this topic. Thanks for understanding.

Let's not even show up. Reading this forum seems like we have zero chance anyway

The Colts will be ready, Mr.Debonair! The Patriots are not going to get away this time with "It's us against the world" BC!

Pagano and company will have strategies for these bad-boys of the NFL this go around. Guarantee you.

I think it could be a good game, what I'm worried about is if they intentionally try to hurt Luck or someone else. I really think it's a possibility.

I've read many posts by angry Pats fans on other sites calling for a 65-0 thumping that lands Andrew Luck on IR for the season. I guess they think that's a fair trade-off to losing Brady for what'll most likely only be 2 games.

I see something that many might not see. I see a Colt team tired of this bullcrap and they have this game circled on their calendar to a man. I can feel the winds of change...

By the 6th game this young oline finds its stride and in our first possession, we run 11 straight running plays and score a TD. The upper east coast gets eerily silent.

I like your style.

Yeah, my thinking too. Chance the whole things gets over turned too IMO given they have no proof on him whatsoever related to the AFCCG.

One other thing not mentioned here is the Pats have the bye in week 4 then play Dallas and then Colts. They are usually a markedly better team after the bye the rest of the season.

Over turned? Really? Would it be possible to have a thread without you high jacking it?

That will be Brady's 1st game back. He will be out for blood.

Don't think he'll get 4 games suspension in the end, but if he did, that would be a good game to have against NE. Brady will be coming of a suspension. I don't think he will be his sharpest at that time.

When a player is suspended, aren't they also barred from practice?

Tom Brady is a joke . The Patriots will leave Indiana as the losers there ball control will all of a sudden fall to the worst in the league & they will have no way to cheat the scrutiny will be intense & they will miss the playoffs .

haha  The Patriots have went down with the ship they will never be again what they were we have seen behind the curtain there are no more mysteries & the lies & denials are weak .

No body cares about what Brady will do IMO I care what the Colts will do IMO they will smear the Patriots it won't even be close . :thmup: 

Tom Brady is a joke . The Patriots will leave Indiana as the losers there ball control will all of a sudden fall to the worst in the league & they will have no way to cheat the scrutiny will be intense & they will miss the playoffs .

haha  The Patriots have went down with the ship they will never be again what they were we have seen behind the curtain there are no more mysteries & the lies & denials are weak .

No body cares about what Brady will do IMO I care what the Colts will do IMO they will smear the Patriots it won't even be close . :thmup: 

"I care what the Colts will do ..."

Right on the money, Adonis1! This is _EXACTLY_ the correct attitude to align the Colts and our fans with. Worry about all the weeks before the New England game first. Then concentrate on the Patriots without fear or hype leading up 'til kickoff.

DO YOUR JOB, and DO IT WELL! Everything else will take care of itself.